Darnell Washington (new thread)

247Sports reporting he signed with UGA--the place where TE dreams go to die.

wouldn't be surprised if Kirby pressured him... He was probably ending up there anyway but isn't going public until the AA game. Could have just done nothing and enrolled.... Looks like they got Zach Evans from Flaggs team to sign also. And there's rumors Ringo also signed with UGA quietly...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who cares if we don’t get this tight end. Let’s be gun ho about getting the best linemen we can via transfer portal or juco. All things are possible with a good line EVEN ENOS BEING A GOOD OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR 😆

Advertisement
Don’t really care that he’s not coming here and never thought he would but being a TE and going to
UGA is dumb.

No joke. Even if he wasn't coming here the kid would've been better off (bag excluded] at about 20 other places including Iowa, Notre Dame, Stanford, Pedo State etc than godforsaken Georgia as a TE.

Advertisement
Kids never learn bags now aren't as big as the bags later. It's crazy Njoku makes more from a week's paycheck than what this kid got paid to go to UGA.

Truth. Njoku was here during a pretty ****ty time too yet now is reaping the benefits of about a $10 mil fully guaranteed contract that included a $5 mil signing bonus. He could drop the amount of cash in your typical Jor-ja bag in a weekend in Vegas or somewhere and not think twice about it.

Truth. Njoku was here during a pretty ****ty time too yet now is reaping the benefits of about a $10 mil fully guaranteed contract that included a $5 mil signing bonus. He could drop the amount of cash in your typical Jor-ja bag in a weekend in Vegas or somewhere and not think twice about it.
This is why I don't understand the mind set when it's clear as day. If there is one position where Miami has the bigger bag it's TE only because of the production you will put on film. Kids only see the money I can get next month not if I put in the hard work and have the chance to produce I could be set for life. Especially kids who have kids. What's more important making money now and flaming out or having a constant check that will take care of your family for life.

This is why I don't understand the mind set when it's clear as day. If there is one position where Miami has the bigger bag it's TE only because of the production you will put on film. Kids only see the money I can get next month not if I put in the hard work and have the chance to produce I could be set for life. Especially kids who have kids. What's more important making money now and flaming out or having a constant check that will take care of your family for life.

Exactly. It's a culmination of things though that lead to these bad choices. Usually a kid living in the moment and wanting what is in front of his face at the time, weak or poor advice coming from those around the kid and an irrational view of the kid's talent being so strong that it'll get him to the NFL and paid no matter what choices he makes now.

Add any current financial limitations the kid or his family might have and especially if the kid already has a kid then the bag game becomes pretty much impossible to compete with.

As you stated, all this can obviously dramatically mess with the kid's lifetime earning potential and is beyond shortsighted in many instances.

Advertisement
Kids never learn bags now aren't as big as the bags later. It's crazy Njoku makes more from a week's paycheck than what this kid got paid to go to UGA.
I wonder on that. Supposedly one wide receiver got 250K last year for another program. I wonder what the rate is for a truly elite talent like Washington...has it gotten to seven figures?

I wonder on that. Supposedly one wide receiver got 250K last year for another program. I wonder what the rate is for a truly elite talent like Washington...has it gotten to seven figures?
Highly doubt it especially for a TE.

Advertisement
Back