Darnell Washington (new thread)

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
Took an OV to Bama this weekend. Here's a clip of the summary provided to the Bama 247 board from the west coast insider:

Caught up briefly with the coach of Darnell Washington, who is en route home from his weekend official visit to Alabama. I'm told the trip to Tuscaloosa went very well, with Washington getting a great feel for the offense and feeling comfortable knowing he'd be an integral part of the offense as early as next fall.

Did the Tide do enough to close to gap with UGA? It remains to be seen and I'm told Washington will continue to gather info on the contenders. He's been deliberate about the process, down to the meticulous charting of TE targets week in and week out, and Bama put a good foot forward over the weekend.

Oregon and Miami are two others that appear to round out Washington's official visit plans.

Hopefully the boldened will work in our favor.

Advertisement
Took an OV to Bama this weekend. Here's a clip of the summary provided to the Bama 247 board from the west coast insider:

Caught up briefly with the coach of Darnell Washington, who is en route home from his weekend official visit to Alabama. I'm told the trip to Tuscaloosa went very well, with Washington getting a great feel for the offense and feeling comfortable knowing he'd be an integral part of the offense as early as next fall.

Did the Tide do enough to close to gap with UGA? It remains to be seen and I'm told Washington will continue to gather info on the contenders. He's been deliberate about the process, down to the meticulous charting of TE targets week in and week out, and Bama put a good foot forward over the weekend.

Oregon and Miami are two others that appear to round out Washington's official visit plans.

Hopefully the boldened will work in our favor.
jarren plus the way we use our TEs playing 3 legitimately a game..even polendy playing..someone tell him to chart that

Advertisement
Here's why I don't buy that coming from this kid...

If how often the TE is used in an offense is really the main determining factor for where this kid will go, then why TF would he ever even consider UGA?? UGA's TE only has 11 catches on the year & as a program hasn't had a TE do sh*t in the league since Ben Watson & Randy McMichael.

Bama's TE only has 12 catches on the year... Neither program uses the TE AT ALL lol.

If TE targets really matter that much to him this should be a Miami vs Oregon battle with Miami having the significant lead & aside from Oregon being a better team than us right now, Miami is still the better choice for a TE.

My estimation is, he wants to play at a winning program & was definitely looking to get paid, but neither UGA or Bama would be all that much money for a player at a position they barely use, they probably just selling him on the fact they're winning programs & put a bunch of players in the league, but that's not all that convincing to a kid that wants several targets a game as a TE.

I don't think he will seriously consider coming here, I feel like he's just playing games & looking to get a lot of attention so he can have hats on the table at whichever All-Star game he plays in in January.

However, we have nothing to lose here because the prestige of being TEU gives us more leverage than we usually have when trying to recruit high ranked 5-star prospects. So, all we can do is keep throwing the ball to Brevin for these last two games, put him position to be a Mackey Award finalist, get Darnell down for a OV, show him clearly we're the best option for him if he's serious about playing in an offense where the TE gets lots of targets & reiterate the success we've had developing TE's & getting them drafted in the first round & put the ball in his court.

If he smart he'll make the clear & obvious best choice for his career, if he's an attention seeking front runner he'll sign up to be a De facto Offensive lineman at Bama or UGA, either way it's on him.

If how often the TE is used in an offense is really the main determining factor for where this kid will go, then why TF would he ever even consider UGA?? UGA's TE only has 11 catches on the year & as a program hasn't had a TE do sh*t in the league since Ben Watson & Randy McMichael.

Bama's TE only has 12 catches on the year... Neither program uses the TE AT ALL lol.

If TE targets really matter that much to him, this should be a Miami vs Oregon battle with Miami having the significant lead.

My estimation is, he wants to play at a winning program & was definitely looking to get paid, but neither UGA or Bama would be all that much money for a player at a position they barely use, they probably just selling him on the fact they're winning programs & put a bunch of players in the league, but that's not all that convincing to a kid that wants several targets a game as a TE.

I don't think he will seriously consider coming here, I feel like he's just playing games & looking to get a lot of attention so he can have hats in the table at whichever All-Star game he plays in in January.

However, we have nothing to lose here because the prestige of being TEU gives us more leverage than we usually have when trying to recruit high ranked 5-star prospects. So, all we can do is keep throwing the ball to Brevin for these last two games, put him position to be a Mackey Award finalist, get Darnell down for a OV, show him clearly we're the best option for him if he's serious about playing in an offense where the TE gets lots of targets & reiterate the success we've had developing TE's & getting them drafted in the first round & put the ball in his court.

If he smart he'll make the clear & obvious best choice for his career, if he's an attention seeking front runner he'll sign up to be a De facto Offensive lineman at Bama or UGA, either way it's on him.
Obviously. Your right on point. If he ends up at Bama or UGA, he and the fam is well taking care of. Bama has a history of TEs being featured tho. If they have one worth featuring. UGA not so much. Unless coley is selling him on how he used Clive Walford and Njoku when he had them..which I doubt..kid should have no worries about coming to Miami if it’s about being featured/developed..only hesitation would be winning..why we have to finish strong..then we can sell progress..

Advertisement
I don’t know if bama and uga not using their tight ends has more to do with scheme or personnel but in reality if he was actually charting targets and usage Oregon and Miami would be higher. Even ufag is using the tight end more. And he’d have Washington and Notre lame on the list. But believe all the garbage about uga and bama at your own peril

Advertisement
Guaranteed run play when he trots out there. Im sure opposing defensive coordinators know
They need to get Darnell to a game, and send Polendy out, hit him on a fade to the endzone, and have him run right up into the stands and give him the ball. After he hands him the ball, Polendy can say, "Darnell, if a 4th string TE at UM can get balls, imagine what Enos will do with you in this offense." Savage moves.

I feel like whoever gets the last word for this kid will sign him. Bama atleast threw it to irv Smith when he was there, UGA TE’s under smart are just a extra tackle. Get him on a visit with Brevin and I like our chances.

Advertisement

If TE targets really matter that much to him this should be a Miami vs Oregon battle with Miami having the significant lead & aside from Oregon being a better team than us right now, Miami is still the better choice for a TE.

I don't think he will seriously consider coming here, I feel like he's just playing games & looking to get a lot of attention so he can have hats on the table at whichever All-Star game he plays in in January.

If all you care about is TE production and Development to be an NFL TE, Miami, Iowa, Notre Dame, and Stanford should be at the top of the list. Bama the team that didn't even really get OJ Howard the ball all that much (though neither are the Buccs now), to the point where Howard himself says he's dissapointed he didn't get the ball more, shouldn't really be at the top of the conversation. And UGA where no TE has caught over 30 catches like this entire decade if not more...smh

our TE targets are down is because Jordan has been asked to stay in and help block. Our oline is getting better which will free up the TE to be more involved in the passing game. Also bama is losing Tua at the end of the season so did he track how many TE targets were there when he wasn;'t in there. Bama's offense will take a step backwards next year with the top 3 Wr, qb rb will be gone along with a couple pieces of their oline. We will basically have our entire offense back.

Absolutely agree and the moment the SEC came in I knew what it was and it's pathetic because he needs to see the NFL and not the momentary move. **** ask OJ Howard if Bama likes tight ends

Maybe bama selling him on irv smith. He had a good year last year and was drafted 2nd round i think. Other than that as far as TE I wouldn't be looking at either school

Advertisement
Back