Darnell Washington (new thread)

Why do you say that? Because as a HS kid he’s a TE? Erik Winston came in as a TE, too.
Sorry I wasn't clear. Washington will not want to move to LT. But I could see him wanting to play DE, kids see that as a cooler position. He could stay at TE but kid is gonna be huge, like LeBron James at 275-280 huge.

Advertisement
Sorry I wasn't clear. Washington will not want to move to LT. But I could see him wanting to play DE, kids see that as a cooler position. He could stay at TE but kid is gonna be huge, like LeBron James at 275-280 huge.
I think people are projecting and not thinking here. When the answer it clear, it emerges. He will have plenty of people showing him the career value for a top LT vs. other positions he might play. It’s a big difference, factoring in pay for the top guys and longevity at the position. He will have time to think about it. It’s likely he’ll get to the logical answer. Will he? Who knows. But if he develops as I expect, it’ll happen.

Advertisement
Two comments:

1) Might be in the minority here, but I think this kid is overrated.

2) I respect his decision to provide for his kid with that bag money, but his best shot is Miami/Iowa/Bama. Kid is missing the long term thinking.

Advertisement
If he comes to UM, it will be for the same reason. Because he wants to be a TE and we are telling him he will be. And we will mean it just lime UGA does. He’s a great TE. He can be that as long as he wants to be. But at some point in spring practice in 2021, he’s going to get a look at LT, no matter where he goes. And from that moment on, it’ll be up to him.
Heard he hates to block. So there's that

I'm not heartbroken if he signed elsewhere, which I think we can all extrapolate is exactly what happened....I just hope that the staff is aware so that they can adjust and move on accordingly.

Advertisement
UGA keeps signing 5 stars and Kirby will keep corching them up.

darnell is dumb for going to UGa to block, I’m sure he got bagged.
No no no!!!
It’s about relationships!! And being able to relate with the kids!! It’s about winning and developing talent.
Talent like Isaac Nauta who was a consensus 5 star. Number one tight end in the country.
Now a 4 th stringer about to get kicked out the league!!
If only we could develop tight ends the way uga does.

Advertisement
They posted the position room for uga on twitter and each room had only 5 stars and 4 stars.

The weird thing is uga fans was trashing modt of them as busts. Good problem to have to be spoiled i just found it hilarious how they trash all these highly ranked kids who was all sold the same dream.

The WR room was the most hilarious. Kirby even trashed them. There was only one 3 star out of out of 11 on the roster.

Next year they are going to have five 5 star running backs on the roster.

At this point it doesn’t matter who uga gets, they will always have 2 losses per year and won’t ever get over the hump. Kirby smart just finds ways to lose games, that’s just what he does so i don’t even care
It’s actually comical. They have more 5 stars and 4 stars on that team now than the one that almost beat bama.

Advertisement
Back