Daran Branch mid-season HL

kid wants to stay closer to the house. Has a Grandpa that is sick. I know the staff has a couple of back up plans.

Advertisement
This staff can't recruit to save their lives, especially on Defense.

They're so fckin retarded in their approach & easily defeated by **** near any other program.
Yep. Patke, Banda, and Rumph all need to be looked at being replaced. You can make a case that Rumph should stay for his ability to coach but his recruiting is just ****. So you can’t have him and Banda both recruiting DBs and striking out consistently, that’s unacceptable. Patke is just a waste of a coaching spot.

Yep. Patke, Banda, and Rumph all need to be looked at being replaced. You can make a case that Rumph should stay for his ability to coach but his recruiting is just ****. So you can’t have him and Banda both recruiting DBs and striking out consistently, that’s unacceptable. Patke is just a waste of a coaching spot.
Patke has fixed out ST. Banda as recruited four stars since he been here and ever safety has made the NFL.
what are you guys talking about? Our problem is not getting enough guys but kids like stevenson chase the sec bag. last year we got keontra smith, couch, and williams all who were highly regarded. if you want to make the case our LB recruiting has been weak imo but i dont think patke takes the lead. im more concerned with blake baker at this point than the other 3

Advertisement
Patke has fixed out ST. Banda as recruited four stars since he been here and ever safety has made the NFL.
what are you guys talking about? Our problem is not getting enough guys but kids like stevenson chase the sec bag. last year we got keontra smith, couch, and williams all who were highly regarded. if you want to make the case our LB recruiting has been weak imo but i dont think patke takes the lead. im more concerned with blake baker at this point than the other 3
Some of y’all just accept that we miss out on elite prospects and I’ll never understand that.

i dont. have you seen what i been saying all season?
I see a team with four losses, two of them losses could be put on the defense shoulders. They’ve been better as of late but imagine if we did hit on elite talent and how much better the defense would be. You can sit there and say them guys look good, but comparing to top schools it’s not close.

It’s been rumored forever but if this is the final case why is the kid stringing us along?

he’s holding out for a small sec bag from a desperate ole miss program.

either way this staff continues to fall flat on its face when it comes to evaluating prospects. At the current rate we will never overcome our depth issue.

Advertisement
Not really, there is only a handful of schools that have that many starters that are all 4 stars or higher.

Stupid argument -- given our location, it's almost impossible to not get good DB recruits. You can miss on the top/elite guys every year, and generally still bring in quality DBs (regardless of how many star-ranking). And that's what Rumph and Banda have done. Swing and miss on every elite DB, but bring in the next level guys.

It'd be really nice to see what Rumph and Banda could do with elite talents. They both are good Xs and Os coaches.

There is only 4 guys starting that were 4 stara
Hardly, but you can think what you want and we will agree to disagree. I was more so talking about next year, but even this year you have Shaq, Blades, Hall, Garvin, Bandy. Bolden would be a starter if he wasn't injured. The point is the majority of our defense that is seeing a lot of snaps are 4 stars.

Th
Stupid argument -- given our location, it's almost impossible to not get good DB recruits. You can miss on the top/elite guys every year, and generally still bring in quality DBs (regardless of how many star-ranking). And that's what Rumph and Banda have done. Swing and miss on every elite DB, but bring in the next level guys.

It'd be really nice to see what Rumph and Banda could do with elite talents. They both are good Xs and Os coaches.
The whole D next year outside of Rousseau and one DT will be rated a 4 star.

Advertisement
I see a team with four losses, two of them losses could be put on the defense shoulders. They’ve been better as of late but imagine if we did hit on elite talent and how much better the defense would be. You can sit there and say them guys look good, but comparing to top schools it’s not close.
A lot of our early struggles in the secondary has been youth also #26 has a really nice ceiling, #8 and #7 are nice they are playing like night and day from the beginning until now... also having #5 back there with them didn’t help them, he DEFINITELY needs to move to lb he is ok but we can do better, really looking forward to seeing #21 this spring. #20 has really been a blessing this season for us
#3 for ga struggled badly his first season also so did #28 and #2 for Alabama

Last edited:

Patke fixed our special teams?

How many fake punts have we had converted on us this year? Muffed punt to cost a game. Missed field goals.

Only thing fixed is punting.

Advertisement
Everything you listed is on the players. Patke doesn't kick FGs or drop punts. It has been reported numerous times they had the right coverage on the fake punt at GT and Ivey just didn't do his job.

Last edited:
1575841379011.png

Patke fixed our special teams?

How many fake punts have we had converted on us this year? Muffed punt to cost a game. Missed field goals.

Only thing fixed is punting.

Thomas dropped punt and GT fake punt both on players.

Bubba lost his marbles. Not sure if that is on a coach or not. But we did rebound when Cameron took over.

ST trended up this year outside of the Bubba situation.

Advertisement
Back