Daran Branch mid-season HL

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Whoever makes his highlights picks a weird order of plays, but I am a Branch fan. I've seen him in person and he is the definition of a rangy, athletic DB.

CB all the way, in my opinion. Too skinny for striker and he showed in the offseason that he can move his feet. He is already at laser 4.62 and has a prototypical long corner body.

Advertisement
Is Blake baker his primary recruiter ? I just hope more SEC schools don’t come knocking. Especially the SEC west schools telling him he can get his LSU revenge game every year

Advertisement
Whoever makes his highlights picks a weird order of plays, but I am a Branch fan. I've seen him in person and he is the definition of a rangy, athletic DB.

CB all the way, in my opinion. Too skinny for striker and he showed in the offseason that he can move his feet. He is already at laser 4.62 and has a prototypical long corner body.

Lengthy db that appears to have the hips and footwork to play corner. I agree even with the strength and conditioning staff I dont believe he fills out to be a striker and cb imo will be a good spot for him

What makes you say CB all the way rather than a S

Advertisement
Solid prospect, maybe isn’t good enough for the elites but talents like this across the board still put us at the top of the division in that category.

What makes you say CB all the way rather than a S

Seeing him up close, he has the ideal CB build. His arms are freakishly long and 4.62 laser is a good time for a 6’1 high school corner. He also looked good in man coverage at camps.

He can play safety but I like more of a playmaker there. Branch’s length is what makes him unique and that plays better at CB.

Advertisement
Hard to tell how a tall rangy kid grows. Is he a young 17 or 19? He is clearly the best athlete on his team and as such is used as WR, CB, Safety and LB. Seems instinctive. Don't see specific enough skills to be a day one contributor, but can see him becoming good. His body growth will ultimately determine his position. But I do like the idea of taller CB's as long as they can play.

Advertisement
Screenshot_20190929-130528.png

Advertisement
Back