Dan Mullen

Advertisement
Advertisement
No doubt, Mullen's done a great job at UF this year and has exceeded all expectations. They were a projected 8-4 or 9-3 team to start out the year, and finishing up 10-3 (which is looking good right now) exceeds any expectations they had. Not gonna lie though, they got lucky that Muschamp is a Corch (blew a huge lead against them) and that Vandy ran out of gas (21-20 going into the fourth). Otherwise, they'd be 7-5 just like us.

I think, when evaluating coaches, you've got to have at least three seasons worth of work. McElwain was 19-8 his first two seasons at UF, won the SEC East twice and looked like the answer. He was gone not even a year later. Muschamp was 18-8, won the SEC East and made a Sugar Bowl appearance before the wheels fell off. For us, Richt was 19-7 and looked like the answer before this abortion of a season. I think Mullen is a solid coach, did a great job at Miss St. and is doing a great job so far at UF. Mullen's floor at UF is going to be 9-10 wins per year, but he was hired to compete with Bama and UGA. We've got to wait and see if he's going to be a great coach or just a good one.

If we played Florida tomorrow we'd lose by 35 at least (I'm assuming our D would be fired up and wouldn't be gassed until the mid 3Q), but 9 months from now anything can happen. I want Richt gone, his mismanagement this season was borderline worse than anything Golden did, but a good OC could fix a lot of our problems. Add in an actual punter, like we're getting with Louis Hedley, and our offense and defense are going to have some actual space to work with. Malik not being on our sideline is also a huge boost, the guy was cancer to half the locker room and the team looked completely different when he was playing. Point is, we hire a solid OC/QB coach and we've got a shot, we stick with what we've got right now and it'll be bad.

We could of had Mullens or Cristobal. We choose Richt. The story of this program since Butch.

I hate the fact that we fired Golden a year to late which resulted in having Richt.

No on Cristobal, at least til he proves he can win at Oregon. He had a 27-47 record at FIU, got canned, then spurned Miami for Alabama. It's funny, people applaud him for getting away from Al Golden, but miss the fact that Golden actually tried to improve his staff by hiring Cristobal. Assume Cristobal hadn't punked Miami and accepted the Bama job after accepting the Miami gig: Golden would have had an elite recruiter who could also help turnaround the OL. The Golden offenses were 10x better than the Rick offense, so it's possible that the team could have been truly elite on O- and even playoff caliber despite Donofrio on D.

Michigan is getting exposed for the frauds they are. They were supposedly the no.1 defense all year until they played a team with some speed in tOSU and got exposed. Michigan and the rest of the Big 10 still play 3 yards and a cloud of dust power football. Meyer has tried to build his team like an SEC team. So, when Michigan plays a real SEC team, even one that isn't elite, it's no wonder you get the same result.

Advertisement
No crying in football fellas!

Yall gonna have headaches by the end of the day... Lol 37 mins time of position for Virginia.. I mean that's what a whipping looks like.

Michigan is getting exposed for the frauds they are. They were supposedly the no.1 defense all year until they played a team with some speed in tOSU and got exposed. Michigan and the rest of the Big 10 still play 3 yards and a cloud of dust power football. Meyer has tried to build his team like an SEC team. So, when Michigan plays a real SEC team, even one that isn't elite, it's no wonder you get the same result.

Reminds me of the idiots that were saying Miami was the best defense in the country when we played nobody with a pulse all year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's the defense. The offense still blows. Michigan is without two players on their defense that could go in the top 10 of the draft.

Agree. Franks is a garbage passer so as long as we can shut down him and their Run game we will contain them.

Our offense is our ?

Advertisement
Back