Dan Mullen

Advertisement
Mullen fell right into there lap, I knew he was the best possible hire and it was not Chip it was Mullen. I called that ****, I laughed at the recruiting news when he got hired but he is a QB guru who gets the most out of his qbs and his OLines and Dlines were always physical az fuq at Miss State.....Butch called that out when he was there and I agreed with it. They got a good one

I was never a Dan Mullen fan. I admit, I may have been wrong. Let’s check back in three seasons.

Advertisement
Mullen is doing that against a Don Brown defense. Just imagine what he’s going to do against Banda/Patke.
True but Michigan without Bush and Gary on that D though this game...they are difference makers for sure. But agree.. we in trouble Aug 31

Advertisement
Think ppl are jumping the gun a lil bit . Michigan never does well with speed . See OSU game (62 points) Mr don brown has given up 107 points in last two biggest games of the year . Not expecting to beat them but not expecting a blowout either .

I’m sure they thought we had a good one in a Richt after last year

No doubt, Mullen's done a great job at UF this year and has exceeded all expectations. They were a projected 8-4 or 9-3 team to start out the year, and finishing up 10-3 (which is looking good right now) exceeds any expectations they had. Not gonna lie though, they got lucky that Muschamp is a Corch (blew a huge lead against them) and that Vandy ran out of gas (21-20 going into the fourth). Otherwise, they'd be 7-5 just like us.

I think, when evaluating coaches, you've got to have at least three seasons worth of work. McElwain was 19-8 his first two seasons at UF, won the SEC East twice and looked like the answer. He was gone not even a year later. Muschamp was 18-8, won the SEC East and made a Sugar Bowl appearance before the wheels fell off. For us, Richt was 19-7 and looked like the answer before this abortion of a season. I think Mullen is a solid coach, did a great job at Miss St. and is doing a great job so far at UF. Mullen's floor at UF is going to be 9-10 wins per year, but he was hired to compete with Bama and UGA. We've got to wait and see if he's going to be a great coach or just a good one.

If we played Florida tomorrow we'd lose by 35 at least (I'm assuming our D would be fired up and wouldn't be gassed until the mid 3Q), but 9 months from now anything can happen. I want Richt gone, his mismanagement this season was borderline worse than anything Golden did, but a good OC could fix a lot of our problems. Add in an actual punter, like we're getting with Louis Hedley, and our offense and defense are going to have some actual space to work with. Malik not being on our sideline is also a huge boost, the guy was cancer to half the locker room and the team looked completely different when he was playing. Point is, we hire a solid OC/QB coach and we've got a shot, we stick with what we've got right now and it'll be bad.
STOP - Florida is nothing like Miami,
**** that, go hard. Embrace the unconscious hate. The same South Car team that scored 35 on UF, put up 0 points on a middling ACC defense. Transitive property shows that UF defense isn't even better than UVA. They, in turn, performed worse than an ACC coastal unit, so they suck
So based on your logic Florida would beat Miami by 80 or so points as : Michigan beat Wisconsin by 25, Wisconsin beat Miami by 32, and
Florida beat Michigan by 26 and by the way that South Carolina team you spoke of scored 35 on Clemson

We might need a mercy rule for Panda Bear’s defense in that opening game. I can’t think of a single scenario where that game is even close. The only thing we have in our favor is Malik graduates so Rick can’t go to the well any longer.

Advertisement
Think ppl are jumping the gun a lil bit . Michigan never does well with speed . See OSU game (62 points) Mr don brown has given up 107 points in last two biggest games of the year . Not expecting to beat them but not expecting a blowout either .

I’m sure they thought we had a good one in a Richt after last year
Michigan had beat Florida soundly in last two bowl meetings and last years season opener - Mullen makes a difference

Advertisement
Back