Dalvin Cook commits to FSU

Offensive line too! I have said for years now, Bama wins with it's D and O lines, get the best linemen and we will compete.
It hurts losing the best player in South Florida two years in a row. Especially to a conference opponent. But a running back will not make us or break us.

This is a game defined by quarterbacks and defensive linemen. We are A-1 at both spots right now. It is essential that the staff keeps Kaaya and Valentine. I think they will.

Advertisement
This recruiting class is still great at this point, but I have a feeling that it's not going to end well. We need to land nearly all these local kids to be able to compete. I understand that we can land them all, but we're consistently missing on the top tier guys. Just look at our WR recruitment.

We're going to miss on Lane, Rudolph, and Dixon. All those dudes are better than Langham and Brady (lol). I'm assuming that Griffin will never qualify. We're going to miss out on the top local RB in Cook. Losing him hurts so much because we clearly wanted him, bad. How many times are we going to miss out on top skill players?

I'm frustrated. It never seems to end well for us these days and I'm expecting this year to be no different.

Ferman had an interview with Cook yesterday and he basically asked him why isn't he going to UM and Cook replied "because they weren't going strong after me from the beginning". That's just unacceptable man...

That's BS. Where's that vid from when he was committed to Clemson?

I did that interview and he definitely had Miami up top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CkejrRdKcY

If FSU gets Cook, Ermon, Rudolph, and JC my head will explode

Get ready. FSU closes huge every year, and Al closes with a whimper.

Yup, Al is a great recruiter but he hasn't been closing strong for whatever reason.

Tracy Howard and Stacy Coley do not approve of this.

Our fan base has the most brats I've ever seen, short of Bama.

Relax it's the truth. Last year signing day was painful to watch.

Ferman had an interview with Cook yesterday and he basically asked him why isn't he going to UM and Cook replied "because they weren't going strong after me from the beginning". That's just unacceptable man...

So Pete, in your pinion what happened? I think at the end of the day no matter what he says he didn't want to play with Yearby.

Nothing happened. We were never really in it for this kid. Don't fool yourself. You're delusional if you ever thought we were really in it. And some of you retards think we can always get, and have always gotten, every single blue chip kid in south Florida--you're wrong. We never have, and never will. We just have to try to shut the escape hatch as much as possible, but it will never close entirely. Get used to competition for south Florida. People who thought Jimmy Johnson got every south Florida kid he wanted are dead wrong. We lost recruiting battles back then, just like now.

REALITY ALERT! WATCH FOR EXPLODING HEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offensive line too! I have said for years now, Bama wins with it's D and O lines, get the best linemen and we will compete.
It hurts losing the best player in South Florida two years in a row. Especially to a conference opponent. But a running back will not make us or break us.

This is a game defined by quarterbacks and defensive linemen. We are A-1 at both spots right now. It is essential that the staff keeps Kaaya and Valentine. I think they will.

DMoney is absolutely right. These are the two keys, more than anything else. We had some fabulous defensive linemen in the '70's, but we could do nothing on offense.

Schnelly always said the superior passing attack was the great equalizer. We've been missing that. At times, Morris and the offensive have kept us in the game, but it has been inconsistent. I think our offense, more than our defense, cost us the bowl game.

Advertisement

So Pete, in your pinion what happened? I think at the end of the day no matter what he says he didn't want to play with Yearby.

Nothing happened. We were never really in it for this kid. Don't fool yourself. You're delusional if you ever thought we were really in it. And some of you retards think we can always get, and have always gotten, every single blue chip kid in south Florida--you're wrong. We never have, and never will. We just have to try to shut the escape hatch as much as possible, but it will never close entirely. Get used to competition for south Florida. People who thought Jimmy Johnson got every south Florida kid he wanted are dead wrong. We lost recruiting battles back then, just like now.

You mean it's not the 1980's now? I thought it was after the last few pages.

This recruiting class is still great at this point, but I have a feeling that it's not going to end well. We need to land nearly all these local kids to be able to compete. I understand that we can land them all, but we're consistently missing on the top tier guys. Just look at our WR recruitment.

We're going to miss on Lane, Rudolph, and Dixon. All those dudes are better than Langham and Brady (lol). I'm assuming that Griffin will never qualify. We're going to miss out on the top local RB in Cook. Losing him hurts so much because we clearly wanted him, bad. How many times are we going to miss out on top skill players?

I'm frustrated. It never seems to end well for us these days and I'm expecting this year to be no different.

I always wanted Cook badly, but I always thought that Yearby was the better all-around back. He didn't have Cook's size or speed, but he could find space and make people miss like nobody I've seen in a long time. He also has pretty decent speed, and can stretch a 10 yard run into 40-50, if not take it all the way.

Like I've said before--we've always missed on some local prima donnas, we've always built our championships on kids that were NOT the marquee players coming out of HS. I've been following recruiting longer than most on this board, and I've seen the patterns. If our class holds together, it is the nucleus of a national championship contender, especially if the coaches revisit their defensive philosophy and learn how to exploit the talent they are assembling. We need Valentine and JC Jackson, and we need to turn the guys loose.

Hope you achieve your dreams of taking care of your family at FSU!

FSU NFL Running Backs Trivia:
Who was the last FSU RB that mattered?
-Warrick Dunn – 1997 (yeah he was good but he graduated 17 years ago!)

How many Pro Bowl RBs did FSU produce in its magnificent history?
-3 (if you include Washington as KR/PR)
-Warrick Dunn – 3X Pro Bowler who played 12 years in the NFL
-Marion Butts – JC transfer who ran for a whopping 332 yards in 2 years at FSU and got drafted in the 7th round.
-Leon Washington – he started a whopping 6 games in 7 years at RB since starting 8 as a rookie.

Are any of these guys from South Florida? Florida?
-No and Yes (Washington is from Jacksonville)
-Dunn is from LA and Butts is from GA

How many 1st picks did FSU produce at RB?
4 (Dunn 1998, Floyd 1994, Smith 1989, Carter 1990)
-Floyd is a FB who had a solid 7 year career
-Smith is the highest RB picked out of FSU by the Dolphins with their 9th pick in 1989 lasted 4 years in the league.
-Carter – special teams player who started 19 games in 7 year career.

Good luck Cook hope you have more success than this guy!
!

Last edited:
Recruits care about what is happening right now.. S#!t like that is irrelevant.. Right now FSU is the hot program so stop bringing up crap like this..

Advertisement
The []_[];1746366 said:
Recruits care about what is happening right now.. S#!t like that is irrelevant.. Right now FSU is the hot program so stop bringing up crap like this..

They may be the hot team because of Winston but their RBs don't fair well at the next level even now.

***** fsu and all things fsu! As much as our kick hurt our fan base imagine if fsu loses to auburn. Pls let this be the case! Fsu rednecks will set each other on fire!

Cook is just the first in a long line of elite south florida kids that won't be coming here. Golden has been exposed as a fraud. We're going to lose top guys next year too.

I'm not mad about losing Cook in particular, but I'm concerned about the overall bigger picture. Even guys like Davante Phillips, Scarlett, Cole, Simmons, Gibson, Mcfadden, etc are going to be hard for this staff to pull because of our struggles.

Last edited:
Are u fu*kin serious??? Golden is a great recruiter....I don't knw any coach who would have gotten the kids we got the last 2 years or so with the NCAA crap...he's workin with a full deck now and we won't lose that many recruits like in years past...we truly only missed on Dixon, Lane, and Cook are recruits we really missed that we wanted this year

He is a solid recruiter, not great. He has more misses the last two years from down here than Shannon had his entire time here.

Guys just parrot the "he's a great recruiter" line. Look at all the misses and guys who aren't even here anymore. And then look at all the Shannon guys still getting most of the reps 3 years in. Al couldn't even recruit guys to replace the Shannon guys that everyone hates.

Ok this is getting ridiculous, i'm out. Defending Shannon's recruiting is blasphemy.

Shanntard sucked elephant balls. That's the point. Al can't recruit guys to beat out the bums that Shanntard recruited. He's been here 3 years, and he's still relying mostly on Shanntard's soap horses. Look at the lineup.

Hold on...do you think he misses on guys without the NCAA mess??? I don't think he does...Shannon didn't have to put up with that, he soured on a lot of coaches down here unlike Golden who not only was repairing relationships, he was recruiting his a** off at the same time...Now we will truly see how good of a recruiter he is without the sanctions and to me, he's doin a good job..it usually takes 3-4 years to get ur guys in and run the system you want to run...Shannon left the cubbard bare when it came to DBs, LBs, And DTs..that's why we suck..name one DB, LB or DT recruit that we have that Shannon recruited that's still here that's worth a ****???? Nobody, maybe Highsmith and Rodgers..the recruits he had left cause they didn't like Goldens philosophy and the U Tough program...Shannon recruited lazy players who wanted there positions gift wrapped to them...example. (Forston)

Advertisement
Cook is just the first in a long line of elite south florida kids that won't be coming here. Golden has been exposed as a fraud. We're going to lose top guys next year too.[/QUOT

Trolling hard???? Go ***** your sister redneck

Advertisement

I always wanted Cook badly, but I always thought that Yearby was the better all-around back. He didn't have Cook's size or speed, but he could find space and make people miss like nobody I've seen in a long time. He also has pretty decent speed, and can stretch a 10 yard run into 40-50, if not take it all the way.

Like I've said before--we've always missed on some local prima donnas, we've always built our championships on kids that were NOT the marquee players coming out of HS. I've been following recruiting longer than most on this board, and I've seen the patterns. If our class holds together, it is the nucleus of a national championship contender, especially if the coaches revisit their defensive philosophy and learn how to exploit the talent they are assembling. We need Valentine and JC Jackson, and we need to turn the guys loose.

SHHHHH MATADOR, don't use historical facts and rationale on these guys, please don't you know facts like fswho doing that consistently in our heyday doesn't matter? Don't you know that it is only now that this is happening? Don't you know perspective and rationale has nothing to do with this whatsoever? Don't you know that the fact that our class is nearly filled and that logic and numbers dictate that we are not going to be coming up with some major coup of a plethora of recruits to close means this is an epic fail? Jefe do joo know what a plethora means? Sorry had a 3 Amigos moment there, ahhh what a great movie. Are you not aware that having Broward's leading rusher and Dade's leading rusher (who happens to be a legend down here since his optimist days) means absolutely nothing to these guys? Are you not aware that this staff failed miserably when you consider they could have opted to not flip Yearby and focused solely on Cook, but chose to make sure and flip Yearby first, get Powell second then try and still land Cook, obviously it's a fail? Are you not aware, that regardless by what every single insider with insider info has stated that up until this class, that the NCAA mess is not a factor into what has held recruiting back up until this year? Are you not aware that it doesn't matter that not one person that actually knows and has inside info on this matter has disputed that fact, that to these guys it means and has no relevancy whatsoever?

Just sit back Matador, hardly post, enjoy and laugh very condescendingly at all these fools who have no historical perspective whatsoever, as I do with my chick going down on me, glass of single malt in one hand and an Opus X cigar lit on the other as I welcome in the New Year

He is a solid recruiter, not great. He has more misses the last two years from down here than Shannon had his entire time here.

Guys just parrot the "he's a great recruiter" line. Look at all the misses and guys who aren't even here anymore. And then look at all the Shannon guys still getting most of the reps 3 years in. Al couldn't even recruit guys to replace the Shannon guys that everyone hates.

Ok this is getting ridiculous, i'm out. Defending Shannon's recruiting is blasphemy.

Shanntard sucked elephant balls. That's the point. Al can't recruit guys to beat out the bums that Shanntard recruited. He's been here 3 years, and he's still relying mostly on Shanntard's soap horses. Look at the lineup.

Hold on...do you think he misses on guys without the NCAA mess??? I don't think he does...Shannon didn't have to put up with that, he soured on a lot of coaches down here unlike Golden who not only was repairing relationships, he was recruiting his a** off at the same time...Now we will truly see how good of a recruiter he is without the sanctions and to me, he's doin a good job..it usually takes 3-4 years to get ur guys in and run the system you want to run...Shannon left the cubbard bare when it came to DBs, LBs, And DTs..that's why we suck..name one DB, LB or DT recruit that we have that Shannon recruited that's still here that's worth a ****???? Nobody, maybe Highsmith and Rodgers..the recruits he had left cause they didn't like Goldens philosophy and the U Tough program...Shannon recruited lazy players who wanted there positions gift wrapped to them...example. (Forston)

Yet Pete tells us most of our current coaches aren't well liked down here.

The []_[];1746366 said:

They may be the hot team because of Winston but their RBs don't fair well at the next level even now.

That may be true but those kids don't care about the past. A coach and programs job is to develop you and GET you to the next level.. Once those FSU running backs leave tally and get their shot in an nfl training camp that's on them..if they fail it's on them..these 17 year old recruits don't care about warrick dunn or Leon washington..they care about what is hot and good for them RIGHT NOW

Guys we won't get better living in the past. I love Lamar, Mike, Berry and Javaris... but the names wr hang our hats on left Miami when this kid was 7 or 8 year's old.

We have to get better now.

Advertisement
Back