Dalvin Cook commits to FSU

Nothing happened. We were never really in it for this kid. Don't fool yourself. You're delusional if you ever thought we were really in it. And some of you retards think we can always get, and have always gotten, every single blue chip kid in south Florida--you're wrong. We never have, and never will. We just have to try to shut the escape hatch as much as possible, but it will never close entirely. Get used to competition for south Florida. People who thought Jimmy Johnson got every south Florida kid he wanted are dead wrong. We lost recruiting battles back then, just like now.

Just because he didn't sign with Miami doesn't mean they were never in it. He would not have signed those financial aid papers if Miami was not in it. The staff just lost the recruiting battle.

I've never met the kid, and have no inside knowledge on the situation, but I wouldn't be surprised if he signed the financial aid papers to further the circus and try to increase the drama. Based on everything I've read, I've never had the feeling that we were in contention for this kid.

We never stood a chance. There was nothing in our favor. Al did an incredible job simply getting mentioned.

lolwut

Cook's family hates UM. Never had a chance with anyone from that family.

Advertisement
Just because he didn't sign with Miami doesn't mean they were never in it. He would not have signed those financial aid papers if Miami was not in it. The staff just lost the recruiting battle.

I've never met the kid, and have no inside knowledge on the situation, but I wouldn't be surprised if he signed the financial aid papers to further the circus and try to increase the drama. Based on everything I've read, I've never had the feeling that we were in contention for this kid.

We never stood a chance. There was nothing in our favor. Al did an incredible job simply getting mentioned.

lolwut

Cook's family hates UM. Never had a chance with anyone from that family.

And by family you mean not his brother and that side of the family, right?

We are the local school. We had the other top 2 guys off his HS team (one which he calls his brother) committed and recruiting him. We have his actual brother attending and playing basketball at our school. To say "there was nothing in our favor" is patently false and pretty stupid.

Please see post above Joecane's.

I'm not talking about Cook but more about how this should be seen as a recruiting failure and not a case where just being mentioned in his final list should be seen as some sort of accomplishment.

You however keep checking the thread where "posters are talking about this guy."

Advertisement
Im not checking. It just happens to refresh in bold face when I refresh the page. Its not a recruiting failure. Sometimes you dont get everyone you want. LSU lost Cameron Robinson to Alabama. Alabama and Auburn lost Jameis to Florida State. Texas lost Adrian Peterson To OU. Sometimes guys want to leave for college. When I graduated high school, I wanted to get out of town to experience something different.

Most schools would salivate over Powell and Yearby..... and even Gray. (If he qualifies, he might play tailback)

It's all good man. Canes are in good shape. Just gotta get JC Jackson and hope Griffin & Gray qualify. Oh..... fire Dorito too.

Whatever the reason, elite local player who we made a top priority and obviously sunk a lot of man hours into getting. Not getting him is a failure.

Advertisement
Franchise I'm calling you out on some of your horse **** you've been throwing out here. Al's players aren't playing over Radios guys could be a few things.
1 maybe he is letting his guys learn and develop.
2 let others redshirt so he can keep it going down here.
3 Radios guys are men, Als are still young.

Good idea to put an undersized 18 year old out there and let him get beat up on by a 20+ year old. That wont hurt his physical and mental development

This is abuot the worst "explanation" I've ever heard. You really think Al is doing 1,2,3 at the expense of winning games? Al's guys are already 2 years into the program and yet some of them couldn't supplant Randy's "crappy" guys we all love to put down.

Next thing you're gonna tell me is that Alvin needs 3 more years.

Franchise I'm calling you out on some of your horse **** you've been throwing out here. Al's players aren't playing over Radios guys could be a few things.
1 maybe he is letting his guys learn and develop.
2 let others redshirt so he can keep it going down here.
3 Radios guys are men, Als are still young.

Good idea to put an undersized 18 year old out there and let him get beat up on by a 20+ year old. That wont hurt his physical and mental development

This is abuot the worst "explanation" I've ever heard. You really think Al is doing 1,2,3 at the expense of winning games? Al's guys are already 2 years into the program and yet some of them couldn't supplant Randy's "crappy" guys we all love to put down.

Next thing you're gonna tell me is that Alvin needs 3 more years.

4 the cloud has not only affected recruiting but has also affected player development...

Advertisement

I'm not talking about Cook but more about how this should be seen as a recruiting failure and not a case where just being mentioned in his final list should be seen as some sort of accomplishment.

You however keep checking the thread where "posters are talking about this guy."

Al tried really hard. We need to appreciate the effort he gave in recruiting Cook and quit talking about failure. Failure only happens when you don't try your hardest. We did a lot of really incredible stuff in this recruitment.

We were one of only three teams to get Cook to sign financial aid papers. If you can't appreciate that, then you're just a hater. Try more appreciating and less hating. We never had a chance, and one of the main reasons is that his entire family hates UM.

Cook comes across as an ***. He really toyed with Florida in my opinion.

Failure is a hurtful word with negative connotations.

We didn't fail. We just couldn't reach our ultimate goal despite Herculean efforts.

We didn't fail. We merely ran out of time. If we had until February we would have got Cook.

Advertisement

Al tried really hard. We need to appreciate the effort he gave in recruiting Cook and quit talking about failure. Failure only happens when you don't try your hardest. We did a lot of really incredible stuff in this recruitment.

We were one of only three teams to get Cook to sign financial aid papers. If you can't appreciate that, then you're just a hater. Try more appreciating and less hating. We never had a chance, and one of the main reasons is that his entire family hates UM.

His brother goes to miami ...

Failure is a hurtful word with negative connotations.

We didn't fail. We just couldn't reach our ultimate goal despite Herculean efforts.

We didn't fail. We merely ran out of time. If we had until February we would have got Cook.

Al is ranked #1 in the nation in effort, and I wouldn't trade any recruit or number of wins for that.....

Very true. We don't need ruffians and hooligans like that. I feel badly for the gators the way this insipid little jerk toyed with them.

In the end, he proved he wasn't UM material and will fit in much better with those aggressive, rough customers in Tallahassee. Those guys have put too much emphasis on acquiring great players and winning football games. At what cost I ask? At what cost?

Advertisement
Back