Dalvin Cook commits to FSU

Y'all realize this is the worst case senario.... Kids will follow Cook Lane and Treon to FSU. That's two years in a row jimbo has come down to dade county and hand picked the best propect and convinced them to choose FSU. They will talk about building a dynasty and **** like that. It is imparrative that FSU loses to auburn on Monday. And that jimbo goes to Texas. Miami stands no chance against what FSU is building right now.

You obviously were not born in the 80's and didn't even bother learn history or the history of the program and all of it's dealings, cus God help me I wonder what you would have been saying back then when Bobby was doing the same thing. It has and always will happen, for a variety of logical rational reasons. Perspective my man, **** it I'm young and some of you guys are making me feel old as ****. The key here is, are we keeping the majority of the kids, is the make up of our class the majority from our recruiting hotbed, are we addressing the major needs, the priorities of this class? The answer is a resounding yes.

In the immortal words of Eddie Murphy doing Richard Pryor talking about Bill Cosby chastizing Eddie Murphy:

Have a coke and shut the frick up!

Happy New Year!!

EDDIE!!! MR FRICK YOU MAN!! FRICK YOU YOU MUDDA FRICKER YOU!!!

Thinking about all of this makes me want to vomit

Advertisement
Another antone smith???

Actually Antone had a much better resume coming out of High School...

In his senior year at Pahokee High School, Smith led Pahokee to the state football title and rushed for 276 yards and three touchdowns in the championship game, finishing with 2,814 yards and 44 touchdowns on the season. During his four-year high school playing career he compiled over 6000 rushing yards.

Smith was ranked as the top running back recruit in the country and the number 25 player overall by Rivals.com. He was a Parade All-American, the Palm Beach County Player of the Year, the Old Spice National Player of the Year, and was voted as Mr. Football for the state of Florida. Smith was voted the MVP of the Nike Camp and while there recorded an extremely fast 40-yard dash time of 4.25. He played in the CalFlorida Bowl and was named the offensive MVP.

Another antone smith???

Actually Antone had a much better resume coming out of High School...

In his senior year at Pahokee High School, Smith led Pahokee to the state football title and rushed for 276 yards and three touchdowns in the championship game, finishing with 2,814 yards and 44 touchdowns on the season. During his four-year high school playing career he compiled over 6000 rushing yards.

Smith was ranked as the top running back recruit in the country and the number 25 player overall by Rivals.com. He was a Parade All-American, the Palm Beach County Player of the Year, the Old Spice National Player of the Year, and was voted as Mr. Football for the state of Florida. Smith was voted the MVP of the Nike Camp and while there recorded an extremely fast 40-yard dash time of 4.25. He played in the CalFlorida Bowl and was named the offensive MVP.

I played against Antoine in the second round of the state playoffs my and his SR year. We were serious underdogs. Tied at half, held him to like 30 yards. I actually tackled him For a loss the first possession of the game. Second half was a different story, their depth took over, as most of us played both ways and they beat us by 21. He had like 150 in the second half. That dude was FAST. After the gAme during the mandatory team handshakes I told him he better go to the U. Didn't work out lol

When you are undefeated #1 thats going to win you some big recruiting battles by itself.

Miami isn't going to clean up on local talent until they show they can become a legit top 10 team with about half the local talent.

A competent coach should be able to be a top 10 team after not too long with half the local talent.

Advertisement
not reading through the whole thread but, I'm sure these posts have already been made:

1. Something about the cloud
2. Something about Al still being an elite recruiter
3. Something about Cook sucking
4. Something about Miami being NFL U and Cook made a big mistake

Anything I miss?
You hit them all.

Y'all realize this is the worst case senario.... Kids will follow Cook Lane and Treon to FSU. That's two years in a row jimbo has come down to dade county and hand picked the best propect and convinced them to choose FSU. They will talk about building a dynasty and **** like that. It is imparrative that FSU loses to auburn on Monday. And that jimbo goes to Texas. Miami stands no chance against what FSU is building right now.

I heard the same talk when Weinke was at FSU during there 3 year run after he left what happened??? After Winston leaves they will come back to earth they always do....

209.gif

That's BS. Where's that vid from when he was committed to Clemson?

I did that interview and he definitely had Miami up top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CkejrRdKcY

So Pete, in your pinion what happened? I think at the end of the day no matter what he says he didn't want to play with Yearby.

Nothing happened. We were never really in it for this kid. Don't fool yourself. You're delusional if you ever thought we were really in it. And some of you retards think we can always get, and have always gotten, every single blue chip kid in south Florida--you're wrong. We never have, and never will. We just have to try to shut the escape hatch as much as possible, but it will never close entirely. Get used to competition for south Florida. People who thought Jimmy Johnson got every south Florida kid he wanted are dead wrong. We lost recruiting battles back then, just like now.

Just because he didn't sign with Miami doesn't mean they were never in it. He would not have signed those financial aid papers if Miami was not in it. The staff just lost the recruiting battle.

I've never met the kid, and have no inside knowledge on the situation, but I wouldn't be surprised if he signed the financial aid papers to further the circus and try to increase the drama. Based on everything I've read, I've never had the feeling that we were in contention for this kid.

Advertisement
Cook to FSU, not gonna cry, like BB King sang : After it's all over, all I can do is wish U well (except when playing the U). As long as we keep the 2014 class we should fine.(with better coaching).

I did that interview and he definitely had Miami up top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CkejrRdKcY

So Pete, in your pinion what happened? I think at the end of the day no matter what he says he didn't want to play with Yearby.

Nothing happened. We were never really in it for this kid. Don't fool yourself. You're delusional if you ever thought we were really in it. And some of you retards think we can always get, and have always gotten, every single blue chip kid in south Florida--you're wrong. We never have, and never will. We just have to try to shut the escape hatch as much as possible, but it will never close entirely. Get used to competition for south Florida. People who thought Jimmy Johnson got every south Florida kid he wanted are dead wrong. We lost recruiting battles back then, just like now.

Just because he didn't sign with Miami doesn't mean they were never in it. He would not have signed those financial aid papers if Miami was not in it. The staff just lost the recruiting battle.

I've never met the kid, and have no inside knowledge on the situation, but I wouldn't be surprised if he signed the financial aid papers to further the circus and try to increase the drama. Based on everything I've read, I've never had the feeling that we were in contention for this kid.

We never stood a chance. There was nothing in our favor. Al did an incredible job simply getting mentioned.

When you are undefeated #1 thats going to win you some big recruiting battles by itself.

Miami isn't going to clean up on local talent until they show they can become a legit top 10 team with about half the local talent.

A competent coach should be able to be a top 10 team after not too long with half the local talent.

Again, Bicho gets it.

Advertisement
Franchise I'm calling you out on some of your horse **** you've been throwing out here. Al's players aren't playing over Radios guys could be a few things.
1 maybe he is letting his guys learn and develop.
2 let others redshirt so he can keep it going down here.
3 Radios guys are men, Als are still young.

Good idea to put an undersized 18 year old out there and let him get beat up on by a 20+ year old. That wont hurt his physical and mental development

Last edited:
Franchise I'm calling you out on some of your horse **** you've been throwing out here. Al's players aren't playing over Radios guys could be a few things.
1 maybe he is letting his guys learn and develop.
2 let others redshirt so he can keep it going down here.
3 Radios guys are men, Als are still young.

Good idea to put an undersized 18 year old out there and let him get beat up on by a 20+ year old. That wont hurt his physical and mental development

Worst call out in the history of the ever-so-fa.aggy call out.

Shannon's slugs are playing ahead of Al's incredibly talented and ultra-gifted football players because Al thinks Shannon's guys are better and give him a better chance to win.

For instance, Al thinks Shannon's half-star Buffalo slug Gaines, who everyone hates, is better than Ralph Kirby, his 4 star hero that everyone in the country wanted. Get the fck out of here with that horseshyt nonsense about Kirby being some 18 year old freshman. He's been here 2 and a half years.

Why's Shayon Green still eating up all those reps? Because Al couldn't find anyone better. Why's Highsmith out there so much? Because Al couldn't find anyone better. Al signed the best JUCO TE in the country, yet he can't get past a bum like Asante Cleveland.

DT? All Shannvo. All day.
OL? Again. All Shannvo.

Facts are sometimes tough for guys like you to deal with. You're too caught up in trying to protect a guy getting paid over $2M per year to yield horrible results.

Advertisement
Cook is choosing FSU because he likes their offense better.

True I forgot about all those RBs FSU has been putting into the NFL

Cook can get to the pro just as easily from FSU than he can from here

he made it clear all he cares about is the nfl. he never talks about winning. he made a move where he can be the lone star instead of having to keep sharing reps with yearby.

At the very least Karlos Williams will still be there to share the load

We never stood a chance. There was nothing in our favor. Al did an incredible job simply getting mentioned.

lolwut

Advertisement
Back