Dalvin Cook commits to FSU

Should have consulted a public relations firm before his decision. In his ESPN interview he said that Jamies won a Heisman now he wants one. Heisman voters will never give that award to the same school within the time Cook will be at FSU. He would have had a better chance to compete for a Heisman at Miami or Florida.

Next year at FSU will be just as it was this year at Texas A&M which which will be Jamies all the time no room for anyone else for media coverage. No matter how great a season you have.

it was all biz. he saw how many players they had drafted last year. all he says is "nfl' never says "i want to keep fsu on top" or "i want to win a nc" he is like me,me,me. never us or our team. listen to his interviews. nfl is all that matters.

Advertisement
Golden is a sh1tty recruiter. Can't close well once people see his crappy product.

Are u fu*kin serious??? Golden is a great recruiter....I don't knw any coach who would have gotten the kids we got the last 2 years or so with the NCAA crap...he's workin with a full deck now and we won't lose that many recruits like in years past...we truly only missed on Dixon, Lane, and Cook are recruits we really missed that we wanted this year

It hurts losing the best player in South Florida two years in a row. Especially to a conference opponent. But a running back will not make us or break us.

This is a game defined by quarterbacks and defensive linemen. We are A-1 at both spots right now. It is essential that the staff keeps Kaaya and Valentine. I think they will.

This is the most spot on, truthful post in this entire thread, maybe on this entire board right now. Football is now a QB driven game at the NFL and college level. Which in turn means that on the defensive side of the ball, it is driven by those positions that can pressure the QB i.e. the DL.

My favorite example of this is the Patriots vs Giants Superbowls. Why did the Giants win both times? Because they could get great pressure from their front four and allow the back 7 to play in coverage. They owned Brady. On the converse, look at Johnny Football. Texas A&M, thanks to a horrid defense, would have won maybe 3-4 games without him but he was able to take them to a winning record.

This isn't a post to downplay Cook; he is one of the top 5 running backs in the country. It would have been great if he chose Miami. But as DMoney stated, he will not make or break us. FSU is an entirely different team this year because of the QB position. And the scary part is Winston will be at FSU at least one more year.

That is why I hope and pray every night that Miami hits on a great QB. It is the position that matters. Everything will be different if Miami can get an elite QB. And it's why I say my prayers that Miami can land elite defensive linemen that can pressure a Winston, Manziel, etc...

I was about to post another reason why this commitment sucks is it'll cause a ripple effect for jc, Phillips and Fsu etc..

Advertisement
Should have consulted a public relations firm before his decision. In his ESPN interview he said that Jamies won a Heisman now he wants one. Heisman voters will never give that award to the same school within the time Cook will be at FSU. He would have had a better chance to compete for a Heisman at Miami or Florida.

Next year at FSU will be just as it was this year at Texas A&M which which will be Jamies all the time no room for anyone else for media coverage. No matter how great a season you have.

it was all biz. he saw how many players they had drafted last year. all he says is "nfl' never says "i want to keep fsu on top" or "i want to win a nc" he is like me,me,me. never us or our team. listen to his interviews. nfl is all that matters.

Which is why he shoulda picked Miami and i don't get his decision.

Even through all the **** we've been through we had RBs littered thoughout the league.

Mike James was dominating in Tampa until he got hurt
Lamar Miller was the starter the entire year
Frank Gore still look like a boss out there
Willis lead his team in rushing

Even through all the **** we've been through we had RBs littered thoughout the league.

it is clear he doesnt want to play with yearby. do you guys realize yearby was the starter?

Gore and Willis played here a long time ago and they would have been Gore and Willis had they gone to FSU as well

James wasnt dominating. 60 carries for 295 yards is good but dominating is huge stretch

Any of the big 3 give him a great shot on the pros. Ultimately its on him not the school

Advertisement
We're good man it's okay... Duke, yearby, Powell sounds a lot better than 95% of the other schools

Ferman had an interview with Cook yesterday and he basically asked him why isn't he going to UM and Cook replied "because they weren't going strong after me from the beginning". That's just unacceptable man...

That's BS. Where's that vid from when he was committed to Clemson?

Advertisement

Gore and Willis played here a long time ago and they would have been Gore and Willis had they gone to FSU as well

James wasnt dominating. 60 carries for 295 yards is good but dominating is huge stretch

Any of the big 3 give him a great shot on the pros. Ultimately its on him not the school

Lol what kind of a statement is that? You can literally say that about any player and completely debunk the fact The U manufactures players like no other school.

And Mike James was starting to blow up. He was gonna destroy the Dolphins again, but he ended up getting injured.

I agree that he's going to the NFL regardless, but he said he's going to FSU for that very reason... If UM can provide the same thing for him and he can play with his teammates and be with his brother, the choice seems obvious.

Advertisement
If FSU gets Cook, Ermon, Rudolph, and JC my head will explode

Get ready. FSU closes huge every year, and Al closes with a whimper.

Guys who committed in January or after last year. AQM, Coley,Grace, Elder. All 4-stars. I'll leave Griffin off that list until he actually steps on campus.

LULZ at putting Grace and Elder in the elite category. Who were we battling for those guys? We beat out WVU for Grace, and he was a UM guy forever. Just wanted to wait for some suspense. We didn't even offer Elder until after our abortion on signing day.

Coley was a great late get. Thank your lucky stars for Donnell Bennett. The man lost his job by getting us Coley. No Donnell, and we would have lost Coley to fsu too. That was all about Donnell.

AQM was a great get too.

Now, since you're obsessed with me and my do boy, list fsu's late gets over the last few years and list the guys we lost at the end of the cycle.

Last edited by a moderator:
If FSU gets Cook, Ermon, Rudolph, and JC my head will explode

Get ready. FSU closes huge every year, and Al closes with a whimper.

Yup, Al is a great recruiter but he hasn't been closing strong for whatever reason.

Tracy Howard and Stacy Coley do not approve of this.

Our fan base has the most brats I've ever seen, short of Bama.

Relax it's the truth. Last year signing day was painful to watch.

I am saying the Gore and Willis thing just because i dont think Cook hurts his NFL chances by any of the 3 schools he was deciding between. Saying Cook should have come here cause of Willis and Gore is ridiculous

Plus NFL U is based strongly off our 00-03. And thats coming to an end right now.

Honestly its a bad topic for me. The NFL U stuff is great when Miami is winning games

Advertisement
Back