Dalvin after game

Well I don't know **** about "release papers" whatever the **** those are. I highly doubt ESPN is going to start suing High School kids over their school choices......that'd go over well.

Go over well with who, the general public? Do you have any idea how many civil litigation cases espn is involved in on a yearly basis? Not to mention, most kids aren't stupid enough to sign an agreement only to **** around with a network. Ridiculous.

Yeah the public......and the players (that play in the ****ing game). Use your brain. ESPN isn't going to be suing a ****ing high school kid because they got trolled.

Do you have any idea how asinine you sound right now?

The irony.. clearly ESPN won't sue a high school football player. Who would ever want to announce their decision through ESPN again if that happened?

What high school kid would want to go on the largest national sports news network and announce where he's going to college? Gee, I wonder.

I think this is a pointless argument for reasons mentioned above, why would a kid want to troll ESPN?

Advertisement
Well I don't know **** about "release papers" whatever the **** those are. I highly doubt ESPN is going to start suing High School kids over their school choices......that'd go over well.

Go over well with who, the general public? Do you have any idea how many civil litigation cases espn is involved in on a yearly basis? Not to mention, most kids aren't stupid enough to sign an agreement only to **** around with a network. Ridiculous.

Yeah the public......and the players (that play in the ******* game). Use your brain. ESPN isn't going to be suing a ******* high school kid because they got trolled.

The irony.. clearly ESPN won't sue a high school football player. Who would ever want to announce their decision through ESPN again if that happened?

You guys are complete morons. Who the **** would sign a release agreement only to lie and troll. Who in their right minds takes that risk? Are you a functioning adult? Their are stipulations on their release. If you break your agreement you are at risk dumbass. JFC.

Read this from @mattyports last night, Palm Beach Post (I think)

The Under Armor game has a rule to announce on TV:
1- You cannot b currently committed to any school
2- You cannot re-commit to a school you just de-committed from

Therefore, Gators are out. Canes or FSU

You can't re-commit to a school you just de-commited from? O.K.

So is the N.C.A.A. gonna step in if Cook de-commits from UF and then puts a UF hat on? Didn't think so.

Almost positive that ESPN would have you sign something before you go on their air to announce your collegiate destination.

I'm almost positive that there is a provision in that agreement that states the rules by which you have to announce under.

Just me reading tea leaves.

This isn't serious, your post?

Very serious.

Read this from @mattyports last night, Palm Beach Post (I think)

The Under Armor game has a rule to announce on TV:
1- You cannot b currently committed to any school
2- You cannot re-commit to a school you just de-committed from

Therefore, Gators are out. Canes or FSU

So is the N.C.A.A. gonna step in if Cook de-commits from UF and then puts a UF hat on? Didn't think so.

Almost positive that ESPN would have you sign something before you go on their air to announce your collegiate destination.

I'm almost positive that there is a provision in that agreement that states the rules by which you have to announce under.

Very serious.

So what does espn ask a player to sign? What happens if this agreement (let's assume it exist) is signed and the player recommits?

Yeah the public......and the players (that play in the ******* game). Use your brain. ESPN isn't going to be suing a ******* high school kid because they got trolled.

You're the one pulling **** out of your ***. Show me where they have to sign their life away with ESPN before they announce their intentions. If you can't understand the ******* PR nightmare ESPN would go through "suing" a player that played in one of their all-star games because he announced to a school he said he wouldn't......then you're the ******.

Sign your life anyway? WTF. Do you have any idea what you're talking about? What kid wouldn't want to announce on a ESPN, especially if they aren't trolling or lying to the network and no risk whatsoever of litigation? ******* idiotic.

Advertisement

You guys are complete morons. Who the **** would sign a release agreement only to lie and troll. Who in their right minds takes that risk? Are you a functioning adult? Their are stipulations on their release. If you break your agreement you are at risk dumbass. JFC.

Yes they are at risk. I'm not saying that a reasonable kid would lie/troll ESPN. But ESPN wouldn't sue..

Very serious.

So what does espn ask a player to sign? What happens if this agreement (let's assume it exist) is signed and the player recommits?

They're at risk of civil litigation. Doesn't mean espn will follow thru but who would risks the trouble, time, and money? Just a hearing alone could cost you because you'll need to hire counsel.

Yeah the public......and the players (that play in the ****ing game). Use your brain. ESPN isn't going to be suing a ****ing high school kid because they got trolled.

What high school kid would want to go on the largest national sports news network and announce where he's going to college? Gee, I wonder.

I think this is a pointless argument for reasons mentioned above, why would a kid want to troll ESPN?

I'm not trying to get into these kids heads. They'll troll whoever the **** they want. So what if he de-commits now? Would he be able to reaffirm at the game then? What about de-commiting the week of the game?

Fact: Cook says he's announcing at the UA game.

Internet Fact: ESPN makes kids sign a contract in blood they won't reaffirm their commitment on air. If this is true, then Cook will not be able to announce at UA game. Maybe he doesn't know the rules. Don't know.

My opinion is, no one knows where he's going and I don't think an ESPN contract is going to prevent Cook from going to UF if he so chooses. Many have written Cook to UF on this wives tale alone. I don't.

Advertisement

Waiting for proof. Do you work @ ESPN legal? How does the contract read?

Very serious.

Not sure. Like I said, I'm just guessing that ESPN would have them sign something

Waiting for proof. Do you work @ ESPN legal? How does the contract read?

guys haven't you heard of the 7 second delay. the network wouldn't air the announcement. problem solved.

Very serious.

Not sure. Like I said, I'm just guessing that ESPN would have them sign something

Please stop. Think of how foolish this stuff sounds. Hey 17 year old kid, please sign this agreement and never recommit to that school on TV or after this all star game. If the player does recommit do they stab him, start a civil action, get an injunction preventing that kid from recommitting...does anyone see how foolish this stuff sounds?

ESPN cannot force a kid to not recommit to a prior school. Perhaps the game is delayed and they don't show the announcement.

Advertisement

Very serious.

Please stop. Think of how foolish this stuff sounds. Hey 17 year old kid, please sign this agreement and never recommit to that school on TV or after this all star game. If the player does recommit do they stab him, start a civil action, get an injunction preventing that kid from recommitting...does anyone see how foolish this stuff sounds?

ESPN cannot force a kid to not recommit to a prior school. Perhaps the game is delayed and they don't show the announcement.

they have a 7 second delay on all live tv. probably would just not show the announcement.

Again, why would a kid sign a release agreeing to their stipulations only to troll? It's quite ridiculous to put yourself at risk and play chicken with a powerful network. In all, most kids have handlers who wouldn't allow it anyway.

It's just a silly assertion.

Advertisement

Very serious.

I think you're confused. The stipulation would only bind them to the announcement on that game. Afterwards is a different story. Espn can't control what a kid does after the game. I doubt the release would stipulate any of that.

Again, why would a kid sign a release agreeing to their stipulations only to troll? It's quite ridiculous to put yourself at risk and play chicken with a powerful network. In all, most kids have handlers who wouldn't allow it anyway.

It's just a silly assertion.

I think the silly assertion is you actually having any idea what is involved in "the release". Do you have any knowledge other than internet rumor?

This whole ESPN release talk is so misguided and silly.

I'm sure they have to sign something, that's a no-brainer. But no one here knows if that release includes a term that requires a kid announcing his college decision to select a university to which he is not already committed. None of us knows. And if a bunch of nerdy Internet recruitniks don't know, then Mr. Dalvin Cook hasn't a clue either.

Which means, at least for now, that this gives us no insight into his college selection.

Furthermore, even if the release did require the student athlete select a "new" school, there's no way in all of devil dancing **** that ESPN would sue. Not a chance. Student athletes already get considerable concern and sympathy for being unfairly exploited. ESPN's not going to walk into that PR nightmare.

Very serious.

I think you're confused. The stipulation would only bind them to the announcement on that game. Afterwards is a different story. Espn can't control what a kid does after the game. I doubt the release would stipulate any of that.

No I am not. This discussion is retarded.

Advertisement
Back