Dalvin after game

Read this from @mattyports last night, Palm Beach Post (I think)

The Under Armor game has a rule to announce on TV:
1- You cannot b currently committed to any school
2- You cannot re-commit to a school you just de-committed from

Therefore, Gators are out. Canes or FSU

You can't re-commit to a school you just de-commited from? O.K.

So is the N.C.A.A. gonna step in if Cook de-commits from UF and then puts a UF hat on? Didn't think so.

Almost positive that ESPN would have you sign something before you go on their air to announce your collegiate destination.

I'm almost positive that there is a provision in that agreement that states the rules by which you have to announce under.

Just me reading tea leaves.

Advertisement

So is the N.C.A.A. gonna step in if Cook de-commits from UF and then puts a UF hat on? Didn't think so.

Umm, he means you can't announce at the UA game on TV to reaffirm a previous commitment. They want to have new commitments at their game. It's has nothing to do with the NCAA. Lol

No ****.....I'm just saying he can do what he wants to and there is nothing ESPN can do about it.

Advertisement

Umm, he means you can't announce at the UA game on TV to reaffirm a previous commitment. They want to have new commitments at their game. It's has nothing to do with the NCAA. Lol

No ****.....I'm just saying he can do what he wants to and there is nothing ESPN can do about it.

You have to sign a release agreement with terms before going on tv. NCAA can't help you with that litigation. It's a civil situation and can get you sued by the network. Who would risk that?

You have to sign a release agreement with terms before going on tv. NCAA can't help you with that litigation. It's a civil situation and can get you sued by the network. Who would risk that?

Well I don't know **** about "release papers" whatever the **** those are. I highly doubt ESPN is going to start suing High School kids over their school choices......that'd go over well.

I'd like to point out that Carroll's WelcomeToTheU on December 4th (the day Cook signed his FA papers) was in ALL CAPS. The rest of his welcome tweets weren't.

COOK TO MIAMI

Advertisement

Almost positive that ESPN would have you sign something before you go on their air to announce your collegiate destination.

I'm almost positive that there is a provision in that agreement that states the rules by which you have to announce under.

Just me reading tea leaves.

This isn't serious, your post?

its probably more of a gentleman's agreement. seriously who really thinks kids are looking to troll espn and look like ********..i just don't see it.

I don't know if I can take seeing that beast in a FSU uniform. ****.

totally agree, this kid is game ready now, everyone figured Thomas would need a year in the weight room. DC is ready to contribute NOW!!! was at the game yesterday, looked like a man amongst boys. We need a beast like that with Duke and yearby. Nothing against the kid from NYC, but DC just look like a difference maker, something Gus will seem to have to really work to be.

Well I don't know **** about "release papers" whatever the **** those are. I highly doubt ESPN is going to start suing High School kids over their school choices......that'd go over well.

Go over well with who, the general public? Do you have any idea how many civil litigation cases espn is involved in on a yearly basis? Not to mention, most kids aren't stupid enough to sign an agreement only to **** around with a network. Ridiculous.

Advertisement

Go over well with who, the general public? Do you have any idea how many civil litigation cases espn is involved in on a yearly basis? Not to mention, most kids aren't stupid enough to sign an agreement only to **** around with a network. Ridiculous.

Yeah the public......and the players (that play in the ******* game). Use your brain. ESPN isn't going to be suing a ******* high school kid because they got trolled.

Plus....you're "assuming" they sign an agreement. Show me where it says this and not just internet rumor.

Yeah the public......and the players (that play in the ******* game). Use your brain. ESPN isn't going to be suing a ******* high school kid because they got trolled.

Do you have any idea how asinine you sound right now?

You're the one pulling **** out of your ***. Show me where they have to sign their life away with ESPN before they announce their intentions. If you can't understand the ******* PR nightmare ESPN would go through "suing" a player that played in one of their all-star games because he announced to a school he said he wouldn't......then you're the ******.

Advertisement

The irony.. clearly ESPN won't sue a high school football player. Who would ever want to announce their decision through ESPN again if that happened?

I'd like to point out that Carroll's WelcomeToTheU on December 4th (the day Cook signed his FA papers) was in ALL CAPS. The rest of his welcome tweets weren't.

COOK TO MIAMI

Something else to think about - Dalvin said he decided last week where he was going and has shut down his recruitment.

If that's true (and that's a huge if), it's entirely possible that he moved his announcement back to the Under Armour All-American Game because the coaches asked him to. I think Golden loves the attention those games bring to commitments on the national stage, so he'd love to have as many big-name guys commit on national TV as possible.

This is, of course, extremely hypothetical, but if there's a grain of truth to it, AG is a got **** power boss (in every aspect except for firing his butt buddy DC).

you guys are making way too much of this lawsuit thing. there would never be a suit against a recruit in my view. this is all about honoring expectations. they tell the kids the rules and they abide by them because they would look like idiots if they didnt. not to mention they probably have these announcements on 7 second delay. they could just cut it if the kid didn't honor the network policy.

Advertisement
Back