Dalvin after game

ok so if you saw the post game interview, when he is talking about the team that he is going to and he says they are going to use the Auburn offense, do you actually think the U will use that offense or is somebody making him false promises to recruit him

I didn't hear him say anything about an auburn offense

The QB transferring from Florida mentioned running that offense, hence his request
Was rated 4th best pocket passer in HS last year, so the new O doesn't fit his skill set.
Ya know, the NCAA is like the NFL where people just copy-cat
Looks like FLORIDUH is gonna overhaul their entire offense

isn't Grier a pure pro set QB? don't see them overhauling the offense in that direction. .
t

Last edited:
Advertisement
I will tell you this: If the Canes somehow land him, our offense is set for 2 or three years. On defense, we have taken care of the defensive line with awesome recruits as long as we can hold on to them till National signing day. What we still need on defense is a monster linebacker and a monster safety. then we will be set on defense. And one last thing: that Donofrio puts them in positions to succeed.

TG just tweeted the following:

"Dalvin Cook to BHS Network: "I'm very excited. I know the type of player I am and what I want. I'm going to change the (Florida) program."

This was Dalvin's response to a reporter from UF's 247 site. The reporter inserted the (Florida) part himself, not Dalvin. If becoming a "program changer" has him excited like he is seemingly indicating, would that really be something he will be at FSU? Being a "Program Changer" is the main thing that DC said stuck out in his head when talking to Al and our coaching staff during his in-home visit with them last week. Seems like this is really something that is intriguing to him..

This may be the first quote that gives me optimism that he'll sign with us. I agree 100%...he said it was "special" when Golden told him he'd be a program changer.

I will tell you this: If the Canes somehow land him, our offense is set for 2 or three years. On defense, we have taken care of the defensive line with awesome recruits as long as we can hold on to them till National signing day. What we still need on defense is a monster linebacker and a monster safety. then we will be set on defense. And one last thing: that Donofrio puts them in positions to succeed.

LMAO. Good luck.

Advertisement
Here are the facts

1. Cook has not stepped foot in Gville since July
2. He shut down recruiting that day before his in-home with WM
3. He is not speaking to WG anymore
4. UA / ESPN does not allow players to reaffirm comitments
5. Lane is done with UF

What does that tell you, I've been telling you guys this for a while.

Here are the facts

5. Lane is done with UF

I don't think (m)any are worried about UF here, FSU/UM is the thought.

Here are the facts

5. Lane is done with UF

they either going to UM or FSU and can someone please asummarize this

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=7...RL=http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1356875.html

Here are the facts

5. Lane is done with UF

always figured UF was out. do not want to lose these two to FSU.

Advertisement
Here are the facts

5. Lane is done with UF

Lane is done at U***? Did I miss something?

How is that a fail?

It's a failure to close IMO. Hometown school. Stated as his leader since the summer. Visited multiple times. Came to multiple games. Favorable offense and scheme. Mother who wants him close to home. How is it not a fail? I understand you can't force any kid to go anywhere. It's their choice. But JDs recruitment is a failure by our program to seal the deal on a kid we had a lead with. It's not the first nor will it be the last time. Hopefully we can be the OSU in some of these other target's situations.

I think the word "fail" gets thrown around too much. Like you said can't force a kid to go somewhere he doesn't want to, but the staff recruited the **** outta him not sure what else their suppose to do. A fail is not recruiting that South Carolina freshman last season.

BINGO. Too many cats here dont know what the F*CK they are talking about. "Failure" as if the outcome is something that rests in the hands of the staff. At the end of the day, all the staff can do is do all it can to recruit the kid. A "Failure" in recruiting is ******** up the relationship with a kid, not evaluating him properly, not recruiting him, or getting on him too late. That is fair to blame the staff for "failing". But when you recruit the **** out of a kid, and do everything you can to get him, and he still choses to go somewhere else for whatever reason, that's just unfortunate, but not really a "failure" but the staff. Failure implies that somehow the end result is in your control. Once the staff has done everything it can to recruit a kid, the result is out of their hands.

Trying hard doesn't mean you're doing the right things to be successful. Our defensive corches try hard, but we're not stopping anyone. Therefore, they're failing even though they're trying hard.

You guys are cutting our coaches too much slack when it comes to missing on super blue-chip local stars like Cook. It's popular to say "they did all they could," but you don't really know exactly what they did and why they couldn't convince to come here a local kid whose family wants him here and whose brother and beloved teammates go here.

At the end of the day, recruiting, just like wins and losses on the field, is a results game. You can try as hard as possible, but if you don't succeed you failed. It happens to everyone sometimes. But if it happens too much, then you'll be fsu's bytch in perpetuity. Cook is a very rare talent who can mask a lot of corching deficiencies. UM simply can't afford to lose a guy like that to a hated rival.

Neither do you, so your entire post is irrelevant.

Muschamp was supposed to have an in home with him on Sunday, but Cook shut it down.

To paraphrase another site. He is kinda worried about not having a O coordinator (Game changer). So is Lane. UF told him they want an O similar to Auburn.

He said he is tired of all the coaches coming in saying the same thing, tired of the fake sales pitches, so he shut it down.

In his mind, knows where he is going, going to be an EE. Only thing still going in UF favor is relationship with T-Rob, but he has built a relationship with only a few that have recruited him, the ones that have kept it real with him.

Advertisement
Muschamp was supposed to have an in home with him on Sunday, but Cook shut it down.

To paraphrase another site. He is kinda worried about not having a O coordinator (Game changer). So is Lane. UF told him they want an O similar to Auburn.

He said he is tired of all the coaches coming in saying the same thing, tired of the fake sales pitches, so he shut it down.

In his mind, knows where he is going, going to be an EE. Only thing still going in UF favor is relationship with T-Rob, but he has built a relationship with only a few that have recruited him, the ones that have kept it real with him.

And that's either with Brewster and Jimbo or Hurlie, Coley and Golden...

Just throwing this out there....

Miami seems to be out with Dixon.
Ermon is very good friends with Brady and wants to play with Cook.
The timing of everything Cook related favors Miami.
BC through out a bat signal the night Dalvin signed his FAA. He hasn't done that with any others that have signed there's.
Cook is very close to Yearby and Darling.
This class is already a Dade county all star team!

Advertisement
Read this from @mattyports last night, Palm Beach Post (I think)

The Under Armor game has a rule to announce on TV:
1- You cannot b currently committed to any school
2- You cannot re-commit to a school you just de-committed from

Therefore, Gators are out. Canes or FSU

You can't re-commit to a school you just de-commited from? O.K.

So is the N.C.A.A. gonna step in if Cook de-commits from UF and then puts a UF hat on? Didn't think so.

So is the N.C.A.A. gonna step in if Cook de-commits from UF and then puts a UF hat on? Didn't think so.

no...its not the ncaa..its the tv network. they don't want that type of no suspense moment. is anything stopping cook from lying to them and doing it despite the rule? probably not but that would take a serious jerkoff to do something like that.

Umm, he means you can't announce at the UA game on TV to reaffirm a previous commitment. They want to have new commitments at their game. It's has nothing to do with the NCAA. Lol

Advertisement
Back