D$

Advertisement
Nothing really new since my last post. They will conduct a full search but Butch has strong support from several key donors.

D excuse me if you have already answered this.
Do you have any info on the time table and how the process will run.
Is it going to be a search committee ? If so when is that being formed now? Who would be on it ?
Obviously employed coaches wil wait to the end of the season to formally interview.
Just want to get a sense of what's going on now.

Thanks.

No real info on timeline.

As far as the donors supporting Butch, Paul Dimare is one of them.

D$, out of curiosity, have you heard any indicator as to the position of Stuart Miller or Richard Fain?

I think Miller's dad brought Butch in last time around, and well, just a bit curious on how he stands.

I don't know Fain but I doubt Miler has an opinion. He's not a major football fan from what I understand.

Then Stuart Miller needs to have a Come To Jesus moment.

Unbelievable.

Advertisement
Butch will keep very few of the current staff. He doesn't give a f*ck and knows that he's got a six year window.

I like Kehoe, but our Oline is being abused. Not sure he can justify a spot on the new staff

Kehoe's OL set NCAA records under Butch's tutelage.

The key is getting Butch here - the rest takes care of itself.

Butch holds assistants accountable, develops talent, and recruits his **** off. Go look at his coaching tree and how many assistants under him have excelled. That's not by accident.

Get Butch - could care less who he brings in.

LOL at some of the clownish **** on here. Butch as a figurehead? Never in a zillion years.

Butch is hired because he's not on ESPN? Did you guys know his son plays at Old Urine and that Butch and his wife planned a vacation around Drew's homecoming game?

Let's keep all the rank amateurs on staff? Good one. Have you heard any of these guys speak? If you keep any of them you better send them on a deprogramming retreat because they all spout that same loser **** Folden spewed nonstop about the Coastal and about how great all our opponents are and how the games will all come down to a FG or onside kick.

Purge this program and get some killers in here. If you interview someone and he starts yapping that Folden loser yap kick him in the face and drag him out of the office by the ear. Then **** in his eyes.

All coaches retain a few of the coaches and the ones listed are not the problem with this team. no one is asking to keep hurlie or kehoe. Keep the young bucks and Ice their players look the best!!!

I fully agree. Get rid of everybody. Kids who commit to a coach. Goodbye. Folden drafted the loser mentality and these clowns implemented it, step by step. Even Scott, I don't care if he wins out. Saying Folden's stupid catch phrase after Duke, talking about a wise man said. Shows me he don't have it. U need real predators, straight goons in the coaching staff. Deconstruct all the bull the program been in for 12 years or so. We need proven coaching, development of talent. Period.

Advertisement
I like Kehoe, but our Oline is being abused. Not sure he can justify a spot on the new staff

Butch holds assistants accountable, develops talent, and recruits his **** off. Go look at his coaching tree and how many assistants under him have excelled. That's not by accident.

I agree that Butch needs to be here.
And have no doubts Kehoe has been a great Oline coach, I'm in the camp of whoever Butch wants

Whoever Butch wants......

Several of Davis' assistant coaches from his head coaching positions have gone on to be NFL and college football head coaches. Three of the coordinators from his time at the University of Miami would go on to be head coaches at either the NCAA or NFL level. Special teams coach Chuck Pagano is head coach of the Indianapolis Colts, Greg Schiano would go on to become the head coach of Rutgers and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Larry Coker became the head coach of the University of Miami following Davis' departure and is currently the head coach at The University of Texas at San Antonio. In addition to Pagano, Schiano, and Coker, former FIU head coach Mario Cristobal served under Davis as a graduate assistant from 1998 to 2000. Another assistant coach under Davis at Miami who would go on to become a head coach is Randy Shannon. Shannon served as the linebackers coach for Davis' first three years at Miami. Current Tulane football coach Curtis Johnson also was an assistant under Davis at UM. Johnson served as the wide receivers coach from 1996 to 2005. Davis' tight ends coach at the University of Miami was Rob Chudzinski, former head coach of the Cleveland Browns. Chudzinski worked in Cleveland when Davis was the head coach there serving as tight ends coach in 2004.

While with the Cleveland Browns and the North Carolina Tar Heels, three of Davis' assistant coaches went on to serve as head coaches in some capacity. Everett Withers replaced him as the head coach at North Carolina on an interim basis. Withers is currently a head coach at James Madison University. The secondary coach in Cleveland under Davis, Todd Bowles served as the interim head coach of the Miami Dolphins in 2011 and is now the head coach for the New York Jets.[17] Davis' special teams coach in Cleveland in 2004, Taver Johnson, served as the interim head coach of Arkansas for a brief time during the spring following Bobby Petrino's departure and currently is the cornerbacks coach. Bruce Arians served as offensive coordinator for the Cleveland Browns under Davis from 2001-2003. After stints as the offensive coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Indianapolis Colts, Arians served as the interim head coach for the Colts and is now head coach of the Arizona Cardinals.

Butch will keep very few of the current staff. He doesn't give a f*ck and knows that he's got a six year window.

Six years for what? We've seen that it shouldn't take you six years to accomplish your goals.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm obviously not D Money but I had a really interesting conversation yesterday with someone in my club section. He told me that he is a local coach and seems to know Duke's mom, Artie's family among others. The way he told the story yesterday, the decision to hire Butch has already been made and that the contract details are currently being worked out. Won't be announced until the end of the season or after the bowl game (if applicable). This person told me that Butch is busy building a young energetic staff and that majority of the current coaching staff, other than Ice, will likely not be retained. It also sounded like Butch is going to be the figure head/CEO but the coordinators and coaches will really be running the show which sounds good assuming the right coaches are hired. Just passing this along.

I received this same news from someone who's name will remain undisclosed. I was told Butch was already hired and the announcement will be made following the Pitt game..

Am thinking if all of this is true, not making the announcement until after the Pitt game and the end of the season may mean Butch is bringing in a lot of new guys who are still employed at other schools. Hope this means we get some solid coordinators. After watching Coley and Dorito these past few seasons, we need major upgrades in assistants.

Advertisement
Back