D$

Even though it may be another rumor, it was be great news. I could see Butch getting a 3-4 year deal with below average pay so he has plenty of funds to pay a great coaching staff. I think he wants to get his national title and then hand it off to one of the people on his staff.

Advertisement
If Butch is the guy I don't understand why they would wait until after the Bowl game to announce it. To the contrary, you would want to announce it as early as possible to save the current recruiting class.

It's probably speculation on the part of this local coach. That's doesn't mean Butch is not the leading candidate. It is probably true that the "feel" around the university and the local football community is that Butch is preparing for the job and that leads to the assumption that the decision is officially made. I doubt anything official yet.

When I look at the macro situation from distance I see the hiring of Butch Davis as sort of a no brainer for UM.

The level of visceral anger that came from fans across the spectrum within the UM community was allowed to fester for far too long. It manifested itself into an anti UM administration and pro-Butch movement. Hiring Butch ensures that both Blake James and Vincente' Fox will officially be off the hook for the next five years worth of on-field results. They will have given the masses exactly what they asked for.

If they hire anyone other than Butch Davis, then Blake James and Vincente Fox will still be "on the hook" for that hire. At least that's the way it appears to me.

Announcements aren't made when a FULL search is going to be conducted.

Advertisement
When I look at the macro situation from distance I see the hiring of Butch Davis as sort of a no brainer for UM.

The level of visceral anger that came from fans across the spectrum within the UM community was allowed to fester for far too long. It manifested itself into an anti UM administration and pro-Butch movement. Hiring Butch ensures that both Blake James and Vincente' Fox will officially be off the hook for the next five years worth of on-field results. They will have given the masses exactly what they asked for.

If they hire anyone other than Butch Davis, then Blake James and Vincente Fox will still be "on the hook" for that hire. At least that's the way it appears to me.

Well said. I feel the same.

I would very strongly doubt Kehoe would be on staff. He likely could've had him at UNC...

If Butch comes a young, energetic staff should include Beard and Scott, Ice should be kept for many reasons just like Baez.

Does Butch keep Kehoe...??

Im a nobody but ive heard the same in person and on messages boards. My cousin played at Miami a few years ago so he still knows people within the football dept and he said the same. We'll see...

Advertisement
If Butch will only be a figurehead, then that's not good. Can't believe that is true. He's not coming back to the Gables to grip and grin for the cameras and look pretty.

He could fill a role similar to Bobby Bowdin's during his last few years. As long as he brings in intelligent, talented and hungry assistants, I'm ok with him playing the CEO role.

If Butch will only be a figurehead, then that's not good. Can't believe that is true. He's not coming back to the Gables to grip and grin for the cameras and look pretty.

He could fill a role similar to Bobby Bowdin's during his last few years. As long as he brings in intelligent, talented and hungry assistants, I'm ok with him playing the CEO role.

Bobby Bowden's last few years were horrible. If Butch Davis isn't out there grinding as hard as he can't then it's a horrible hire. His entire skill set is dependent on being a hands on ball buster.

Advertisement
Im a nobody but ive heard the same in person and on messages boards. My cousin played at Miami a few years ago so he still knows people within the football dept and he said the same. We'll see...

You are somebody son. Don't let anyone tell you're not.

The way he told the story yesterday, the decision to hire Butch has already been made and that the contract details are currently being worked out. Won't be announced until the end of the season or after the bowl game (if applicable).

Nothing really new since my last post. They will conduct a full search but Butch has strong support from several key donors.

I'd be happy if it's Butch, but I really hope it's an actual, legitimate full search. Any suspicion about a decision already being made in early November (like in the first quoted post) would indicate that an extremely lazy process has taken place.

Advertisement
lmfao.......these kind of threads should not be allowed.

Click baiting at its finest.

Sorry but I'm not one of those. I have nothing to sell or promote. Just posting information that I thought was interesting and potentially news worthy. I have no idea if any of this is true or accurate.

Advertisement
Back