D$

Advertisement
I'm obviously not D Money but I had a really interesting conversation yesterday with someone in my club section. He told me that he is a local coach and seems to know Duke's mom, Artie's family among others. The way he told the story yesterday, the decision to hire Butch has already been made and that the contract details are currently being worked out. Won't be announced until the end of the season or after the bowl game (if applicable). This person told me that Butch is busy building a young energetic staff and that majority of the current coaching staff, other than Ice, will likely not be retained. It also sounded like Butch is going to be the figure head/CEO but the coordinators and coaches will really be running the show which sounds good assuming the right coaches are hired. Just passing this along.

I'm obviously not D Money but I had a really interesting conversation yesterday with someone in my club section. He told me that he is a local coach and seems to know Duke's mom, Artie's family among others. The way he told the story yesterday, the decision to hire Butch has already been made and that the contract details are currently being worked out. Won't be announced until the end of the season or after the bowl game (if applicable). This person told me that Butch is busy building a young energetic staff and that majority of the current coaching staff, other than Ice, will likely not be retained. It also sounded like Butch is going to be the figure head/CEO but the coordinators and coaches will really be running the show which sounds good assuming the right coaches are hired. Just passing this along.

This would be great news if true!!!

It would totally explain why Butch has been missing in action from some of his ESPN spots.

we better keep Scott & Beard. if we keep Ice and not them i'll be shocked.

Advertisement

Thanks for the info man.. Hoping it's true but it would definetly make sense just the fact Butch basically has all the support from everybody u need in this university, former players and fans.. He's going to get the job

If Butch will only be a figurehead, then that's not good. Can't believe that is true. He's not coming back to the Gables to grip and grin for the cameras and look pretty.

Nothing really new since my last post. They will conduct a full search but Butch has strong support from several key donors.

Well, I hope this someone is right....

Would be a major, major improvement to the program...

And perhaps Butch would decide to stay involved at Miami after he finishes his coaching here - it'd be interesting to know what his plans are after (hopefully) getting us a championship or two....

Advertisement
Baez, Ice, Scott and Beard would be keeps in my view.

Look at the progress of our TEs and WRs for one.

Baez, Ice, Scott and Beard would be keeps in my view.

Look at the progress of our TEs and WRs for one.

That would depend on who gets hired as HC, and what offensive philosophy they will bring with them.
At a minimum, I would still keep at least 2 of Baez, Beard and Ice in an off-field capacity.

Advertisement
Nothing really new since my last post. They will conduct a full search but Butch has strong support from several key donors.

Does this mean they "will" conduct a full search or they "are already conducting" a full search? I'm sure work is being done, but I'm wondering how much is being done right now and what that means in terms of a timeline. There are obviously some limitations to what can be accomplished in season with active coaches (even though we can work through agents). Is your expectation that we'll make a move right after the regular season or might it take a few weeks during the bowl prep time to finalize the search and hiring process?

If Butch comes a young, energetic staff should include Beard and Scott, Ice should be kept for many reasons just like Baez.

Does Butch keep Kehoe...??

This would be great news if true!!!

It would totally explain why Butch has been missing in action from some of his ESPN spots.

He is ALWAYS on Sunday mornings doing his top 4 as of late. Even last week when people said he was missing from ESPN, he was on this show. Tuned in to watch this morning, some other dude on there...

Advertisement

Yes, the only people with inside information about the status of the search are Blake James, a few Board members, and this local coach.

Sorry, that local coach is just part of another rumor mill.

no decision has been made, there are no contracts being drawn. The minute you do, someone knows, and it really gets out.

doesnt mean it's not butch, just that this is not yet accurate.

Advertisement
Back