D$

As long as Coley and Onfrio are not retained...I can live with Butch.

I'm not nearly as high on him as many of you but the man can recruit, the man can evaluate talent, and the man knows defense. I can live with that and it represents a significant upgrade over the last 3 horrible head coaches we've had.

Advertisement
Nothing really new since my last post. They will conduct a full search but Butch has strong support from several key donors.

D excuse me if you have already answered this.
Do you have any info on the time table and how the process will run.
Is it going to be a search committee ? If so when is that being formed now? Who would be on it ?
Obviously employed coaches wil wait to the end of the season to formally interview.
Just want to get a sense of what's going on now.

Thanks.

No real info on timeline.

As far as the donors supporting Butch, Paul Dimare is one of them.

Baez, Ice, Scott and Beard would be keeps in my view.

Look at the progress of our TEs and WRs for one.

I would only keep Baez and maybe Scott. The reason for this is when you have a chance to upgrade a coaching staff, you take full advantage of it. This program has put itself in a position to do big things with the right hire. One of the more critical positional hiring will be the Dline coach. We have to get back to landing top DT's in order to get back to being on top. You win tough games upfront. The first person I would send packing though is the S&C coach.

Advertisement
What about Kevin Patrick for DL Coach.
I swear that is the ONLY DL coach that some of you geniuses can come up with

Not the ONLY one....

orgeron.0225.jpg

Advertisement
So Miami fans clearly understand that the issue with our team over the last decade has been bad coaching.....

Yet they want us to retain half of our corching staff?

Ice, Baez, Beard, Hurlie.....these guys are effing amateurs. I have nothing against them personally, and in the case of the former Canes I'm glad they played here. But you don't fill your staff with a bunch of amateurs just b/c they are "from down here". It's idiocy.

We need real, experienced coaches here.

I'm sure those guys are great people and great at recruiting.
That said, we do not need recruiters we need to win and coaches who can simply coach football at a high level!
Let Butch or whoever gets the job pick what he thinks he needs to win!
The recruits will come if you win

So Miami fans clearly understand that the issue with our team over the last decade has been bad coaching.....

Yet they want us to retain half of our corching staff?

Ice, Baez, Beard, Hurlie.....these guys are effing amateurs. I have nothing against them personally, and in the case of the former Canes I'm glad they played here. But you don't fill your staff with a bunch of amateurs just b/c they are "from down here". It's idiocy.

We need real, experienced coaches here.

Exactly. I love when people start spouting off long lists of people that should be kept. By the time some of these geniuses are done the only new faces on our sideline next season will be the HC and DC.

Baez and beard should be the only ones retained

With that said butch davis knows what hes doing on the recruiting front so whatever he sees fit im good with it

Advertisement
Nothing really new since my last post. They will conduct a full search but Butch has strong support from several key donors.

Is it going to be a search committee ? If so when is that being formed now? Who would be on it ?
Obviously employed coaches wil wait to the end of the season to formally interview.

Thanks.

D$, out of curiosity, have you heard any indicator as to the position of Stuart Miller or Richard Fain?

I think Miller's dad brought Butch in last time around, and well, just a bit curious on how he stands.

Advertisement
Is Wario officially out of the picture? Really, this is the first question that needs to be answered

Thanks.

D$, out of curiosity, have you heard any indicator as to the position of Stuart Miller or Richard Fain?

I think Miller's dad brought Butch in last time around, and well, just a bit curious on how he stands.

I don't know Fain but I doubt Miler has an opinion. He's not a major football fan from what I understand.

LOL at some of the clownish **** on here. Butch as a figurehead? Never in a zillion years.

Butch is hired because he's not on ESPN? Did you guys know his son plays at Old Urine and that Butch and his wife planned a vacation around Drew's homecoming game?

Let's keep all the rank amateurs on staff? Good one. Have you heard any of these guys speak? If you keep any of them you better send them on a deprogramming retreat because they all spout that same loser **** Folden spewed nonstop about the Coastal and about how great all our opponents are and how the games will all come down to a FG or onside kick.

Purge this program and get some killers in here. If you interview someone and he starts yapping that Folden loser yap kick him in the face and drag him out of the office by the ear. Then **** in his eyes.

Advertisement
Back