2022 Cyrus Moss - DEFENSIVE END - COMMITS!

So is he officially an EE? I know there had been some debate about whether he could, but the Canes Account mentioning him and using the word “official” makes me think he’s in

Would be huge for him especially, given the need to gain weight. Could get some decent burn Freshman year now
He was in a Twitter Space and said he’s looking to be in by the end of the month 🙏🏾

Advertisement
If he hasn’t signed, how can Miami’s social media accounts say he’s official? Unless the rule changed, coaches or schools can’t mention a player by name until NLI is signed.

Advertisement
He’s signed, that’s why. They wouldn’t have done that if they hadn’t received his LOI.

247 article said he hasn’t signed and plans to visit again. Does he need to sign a NLI or can he just sign Financial Aid agreement? Only bad thing not signing NLI is he can bolt.

**** how I forget about Kelly. Man we got some dudes on the DL.

Kelly, Moss, Lichstein, and possibly Stewart amongst the other young men we are still targeting.

Mário went out and is immediately bringing 4-5 men to the DL.
Yea along with chantz and Harvey, we might have a legit 6 man rotation with edge guys this year

Advertisement
247 article said he hasn’t signed and plans to visit again. Does he need to sign a NLI or can he just sign Financial Aid agreement? Only bad thing not signing NLI is he can bolt.
Interesting, there’s no way the Canes Football twitter will say he’s officially a Cane while having his name in a tweet, at that… Could’ve been a mistake on 247‘s part. They also updated the site saying he’s signed. Idk.

The kids frame looks similar to Greg Rousseau imo and his movement traits remind me of Jaelan Phillips. Huge upside possibility

My concern would be how much room does he really have to grow? Did he just start playing?

You can read this on 247 but this part of Moss' quote really stood out to me. The kid WASN'T interested but Mario kept at it. Pretty crazy. The quote goes on a lot longer on 247 in the article.

“So at first, I told my parents I really didn't want to visit there. I wasn't interested in that school at all. I really wasn't answering coach Cristobal's calls and texts. But over time, he kept at it and he kept trying to get me on the phone and kept talking to me and kept trying to show me a little bit at a time exactly how he moved his business over there and why there are reasons to be excited over there. So over time, he just kind of got on me and it came down to the last visit weekend. I was pretty set that I was just going to go to USC and visit there that weekend."

Mario said he will be relentless. Recruiting won’t be our issue. We need to finally see some player development and build some depth. Also coaching coordinators matter

Interesting, there’s no way the Canes Football twitter will say he’s officially a Cane while having his name in a tweet, at that… Could’ve been a mistake on 247‘s part. They also updated the site saying he’s signed. Idk.

On3 article also saying he didn’t sign. Plans on enrolling early in a couple weeks after playing in Polynesian Bowl. Maybe as an enrolled student they can talk about his commitment??

Advertisement
You can read this on 247 but this part of Moss' quote really stood out to me. The kid WASN'T interested but Mario kept at it. Pretty crazy. The quote goes on a lot longer on 247 in the article.

“So at first, I told my parents I really didn't want to visit there. I wasn't interested in that school at all. I really wasn't answering coach Cristobal's calls and texts. But over time, he kept at it and he kept trying to get me on the phone and kept talking to me and kept trying to show me a little bit at a time exactly how he moved his business over there and why there are reasons to be excited over there. So over time, he just kind of got on me and it came down to the last visit weekend. I was pretty set that I was just going to go to USC and visit there that weekend."
That's crazy definitely gonna check that jawn out.

Advertisement
Up next, Moss will figure out exactly when he’s arriving at Miami. He hasn’t signed yet, but no worries Hurricanes fans, his recruitment is over.

6COMMENTS
"I'm looking toward being able to get down there at the end of January,” said Moss. “We're going to see thought. We're still figuring all that out. I'm going to sign as soon as we can figure out what I'm doing regarding enrolling or if I even need to sign."

Per 247Sports, Moss is the No. 30 overall player in the country, No. 4 edge nationally and No. 1 prospect in Nevada from the class of 2022.

Advertisement
Back