2022 Cyrus Moss - DEFENSIVE END - COMMITS!

You can read this on 247 but this part of Moss' quote really stood out to me. The kid WASN'T interested but Mario kept at it. Pretty crazy. The quote goes on a lot longer on 247 in the article.

“So at first, I told my parents I really didn't want to visit there. I wasn't interested in that school at all. I really wasn't answering coach Cristobal's calls and texts. But over time, he kept at it and he kept trying to get me on the phone and kept talking to me and kept trying to show me a little bit at a time exactly how he moved his business over there and why there are reasons to be excited over there. So over time, he just kind of got on me and it came down to the last visit weekend. I was pretty set that I was just going to go to USC and visit there that weekend."

netflix antonio GIF

Advertisement
Welcome aboard Young man.

It was nice seeing someone pick us during one of these games. It seems like forever since that happened and at the very least is far more uncommon than years ago.

Then once that moved over to Miami, at first I was not interested. At first I really didn't know anything about Miami. I hadn't been offered by them. I really didn't think my recruitment was going to come down to there,” he continued. “So at first, I told my parents I really didn't want to visit there. I wasn't interested in that school at all. I really wasn't answering coach Cristobal's calls and texts. But over time, he kept at it and he kept trying to get me on the phone and kept talking to me and kept trying to show me a little bit at a time exactly how he moved his business over there and why there are reasons to be excited over there. So over time, he just kind of got on me and it came down to the last visit weekend. I was pretty set that I was just going to go to USC and visit there that weekend. That was definitely a tough school for me. I was really liking there and felt my recruitment was going that way. I wasn't going to visit Miami, but then it was a day or a few days before the visit, he got me to split-visit where I left USC at 4 o'clock on Saturday and I went over to Miami and spent the day there and left on Monday. I kind of got to see a little bit of both and I got to sit down with coach and really see a more in-depth look at what that vision was and really get to see what my future would look like and what he was trying to do there and what he was bringing there and what changes he was going to make in that program. I was able to kind of voice a couple of my concerns and why at first I wasn't interested in Miami and he was able to kind of give me some feedback and over time I just really started to see what he was talking about. I went back on my own and just kind of looked at everything and looked at what he had shown me and when I looked at it was pretty much what I was looking for. Coach Cristobal is a lot like me, for sure, so I really trust him and who is he gonna hire and he's going to take the program in the right direction and give his all. He's going to have sleepless nights putting in that extra work and I really trust him and know that he's going to go after every player 100%. I know that any player that doesn't come to Miami, it's not going to be because he wasn't treated right or they weren't recruited right and I think that's huge. I'm excited about where the program can go and I trust in what coach Cristobal is doing and I know it's going to be an amazing group over there. I'm excited to be at the forefront of it and be a part of it."

Very telling, we’re in good hand
Wow, very impressive to here a young man articulate exactly why he made the choice he made and it's very impressive to hear a first hand account of Mario's recruiting ability... The future is bright... GO CANES

You can read this on 247 but this part of Moss' quote really stood out to me. The kid WASN'T interested but Mario kept at it. Pretty crazy. The quote goes on a lot longer on 247 in the article.

“So at first, I told my parents I really didn't want to visit there. I wasn't interested in that school at all. I really wasn't answering coach Cristobal's calls and texts. But over time, he kept at it and he kept trying to get me on the phone and kept talking to me and kept trying to show me a little bit at a time exactly how he moved his business over there and why there are reasons to be excited over there. So over time, he just kind of got on me and it came down to the last visit weekend. I was pretty set that I was just going to go to USC and visit there that weekend."
When you read that it is easy to think having the last visit for Stewart and Moten etc will be good news...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Up next, Moss will figure out exactly when he’s arriving at Miami. He hasn’t signed yet, but no worries Hurricanes fans, his recruitment is over.

6COMMENTS
"I'm looking toward being able to get down there at the end of January,” said Moss. “We're going to see thought. We're still figuring all that out. I'm going to sign as soon as we can figure out what I'm doing regarding enrolling or if I even need to sign."

Per 247Sports, Moss is the No. 30 overall player in the country, No. 4 edge nationally and No. 1 prospect in Nevada from the class of 2022.
He signed, we can change the title

Advertisement
Moss was actually in a Twitter space yesterday until a troll came in and just acted out. Really smart kid, sharp, took the time to answer a lot of questions and was a chill dude to be around.

I didnt hear but Moss seemed to indicate that he knows who the next DC will be.

If he hasn’t signed, how can Miami’s social media accounts say he’s official? Unless the rule changed, coaches or schools can’t mention a player by name until NLI is signed.

He may not have signed in December. But January enrollees can sign any time up to enrollment. Summer/fall enrollees have to wait until February or later to sign LOIs.

EDIT: I just saw his comments on the timing of signing the LOI and the UM "official" announcement. He may have signed a financial aid agreement. Not sure what the formalities are, I find it hard to believe that Mario/Dan would make such a mistake (given their experience) unless there was some rule-abiding exception or justification.

He may not have signed in December. But January enrollees can sign any time up to enrollment. Summer/fall enrollees have to wait until February or later to sign LOIs.

EDIT: I just saw his comments on the timing of signing the LOI and the UM "official" announcement. He may have signed a financial aid agreement. Not sure what the formalities are, I find it hard to believe that Mario/Dan would make such a mistake (given their experience) unless there was some rule-abiding exception or justification.
I agree. Obviously I don’t know the rules, but even if he signed an FAA, would they have said “official”? That’s why I was certain he submitted the NLI.

Advertisement
@Cribby was right. our defense is so bad. I mean we have safeties and LT but not much else. I do think Roberts hasn't been use properly.
we got some good talent so far this cycle but man we need more.we arent 2 deep anywhere except safety. moss was a huge get.

@Cribby was right. our defense is so bad. I mean we have safeties and LT but not much else. I do think Roberts hasn't been use properly.
we got some good talent so far this cycle but man we need more.we arent 2 deep anywhere except safety. moss was a huge get.
I’ve said the defense will look dramatically different next year. Between portal and youngsters.

Love this kid's film, he's explosive, quick and long. Watched his commitment and he's a smart kid, only needs to bulk up some and will be a monster. Kelly on one side and Moss on the other. We have our edge attack again and it will only get better with more Mario recruiting cycles. Welcome to the U Cyrus!

Advertisement
Back