Current State of OLine Recruiting?

At least 10 times this year I stopped the DVR and replayed it for my wife to show her Miami's O-line play. My consistent comment (*****/rant, actually) was "You might as well not have even been in the game, because that's how much resistance you put up against your responsibility."

At least this guy takes enough stutter steps that he won't 100% whiff on his man, like every other Miami lineman has done this year, some multiple times. And not just from misreads, which happens in football.

His studder short choppy steps game is on point. We have guys that legit look like big clumsy bums on plays throughout the game...Like not athletic enough to do normal things. Some of these guys are only at Um because they had the prerequisite height and weight.

Kid atleast wont completely whiff..he definately needs added strength though to compete int his league...and if he comes in would have UF and their a+ dl out the gate.

Advertisement
100% knew he wasn’t even gonna visit
He’s not visiting any school officially right now(he’s in basketball season right now) and there was talk he knows where he is officially visiting it just hasn’t been released yet. 247 had an update with him yesterday and they mentioned Miami and us possibly stopping by to visit him this week

I was hoping to learn at least one positive thing from this thread. Now I'm just sad.

He’s not visiting any school officially right now(he’s in basketball season right now) and there was talk he knows where he is officially visiting it just hasn’t been released yet. 247 had an update with him yesterday and they mentioned Miami and us possibly stopping by to visit him this week
There is zero reason for Miami not to visit him. I’m just not buying him coming for a visit in December or January.

There is zero reason for Miami not to visit him. I’m just not buying him coming for a visit in December or January.
He’s not visiting anywhere I dont Believe in December due to his basketball schedule, was possibly visiting uga next month but that’s in doubt due to it.

Advertisement
Nevermind just saw it.....

He definately moves better than anything we have out at tackle...and played LT the last 2 years..but he will see a huge step up in talent if he comes here. lol

Awesome I guess i should post some video of me playing against my local under 10 ymca team and I am sure Ill get picked up by Miami.

More importantly since i am not into the skinny minnie's i can't decide which is the better one.
Brunette!
527251f4fb57fbcf7958a276eb4f876e.jpg

Advertisement
Nevermind just saw it.....

He definately moves better than anything we have out at tackle...and played LT the last 2 years..but he will see a huge step up in talent if he comes here. lol

That's what I'm thinking. He seems to have quicker feet than a lot of guys we have now. But he's a 5th year senior from a school I've hardly ever heard of. Wish we could have had him in our program for a number of years (although don't know if Searles' coaching would have made him better.)

Don't know if he can become P5 quality in just one year.

Since announcing his graduate transfer has gotten offers from: Rice, Duquesne, Montana, SMU, Louisiana Tech, Illinois State, Old Dominion, UTSA, Sacred Heart, Southeast Missouri State, Western Illinois, Western Carolina and Rhode Island
They have football at those schools?....Sacred Heart? Really?

Advertisement
Advertisement
All underclassmen. Fresh/soph
Hillary-fresh
Herbert-Rs fr
Gaynor- Rs soph
Dykstra- Rs r
Donaldson(only JR)
Campbell-fr
Scaife-fr
Reed-fr

The numbers for recruiting this cycle don’t have to be huge.neal(long shot now) 3 should do.

Advertisement
Back