Votes: 36 8.0%
  • I am from Florida and prefer the B1GLY

Votes: 147 32.5%
  • I am from the South (not Florida) and prefer the B1GLY

Votes: 25 5.5%
  • I am from somewhere else and prefer the B1GLY

Votes: 121 26.8%

• Total voters
Flat out, the Big would relagate us to perrrenial doormat.

Why travel 1100 miles to play games when you can cut that in half and play schools of the same caliber or better in half the distance?

We're talking road trips verse two days in a car or airfare.

Recruiting wise, you just made it simpler for the SEC to take whomever they want. You're trying to do your thing while flying over the SEC wall.

I'm sorry, but if you want the Big, your head is in your ***. The Big isn't anything but the SEC's ***** right now and us g[BGCOLOR=initial]oing there doesn't change that.[/BGCOLOR]

Roadtrip from South Florida to Fayetteville or Starkville or Columbia! Who is IN?!!!

Hang Myself No Way GIF

Advertisement
BIG
Some of you guys forgot the Big East travel itinerary.
I ran some numbers comparing BIG and the good ole Big East.
Average air travel distance (max/min):

7 former Big East opponents- 1,050 miles (BC 1,250; Syr 1,217/ Va tech 800)
14 BIG members- 1,188 miles (Minn 1,501; Neb 1,404; Wisky 1,300/MD 946)

How about those Westcoast schools coming on board? That's going to mess those averages up.

If you've got the time, what a out the SEC average?

Cmon E1K. Dont make me do this. What makes u think the ncaa doesn’t like us?

That was your response to me. So can I not infer from that that you think the NCAA likes us?
If the ncaa hates us then why does it matter what conference we’re in? There gonna *** us over no matter what by that logic

Advertisement
I dont buy that recruiting will be easier in the SEC....the B1G has a national profile, and it would be easier to recruit the NE, SW, MW and FW.
I'd take better recruiting in Central and North Florida over all those areas combined.

I dont buy that recruiting will be easier in the SEC....the B1G has a national profile, and it would be easier to recruit the NE, SW, MW and FW.
I think it cuts off the gator type of conference advantage argument in recruiting.

If the ncaa hates us then why does it matter what conference we’re in? There gonna *** us over no matter what by that logic

1st off, going back to the origin, this was about the SEC and whether we get treated equally there. That's an old boys club that I personally just dont trust. I dont like getting into bed with someone I dont trust. But more my issue was your statement that its delusional to think we are still hated. We are. Thats whats ******* great about our brand. These mother****ers are still talking about us and people still want us on TV no matter how ****** weve been. Us against the world. Whether its NCAA or SEC, or even B1G to an extent (as I implied earlier, Im in no way saying the B1G is going t be a sweetheart to us...lesser of 2 evils blah blah blah), we have a target on our back that only gets bigger the more relevant we become. As opposed to being the bell of the ball when we win, we'll be looked at as the thorn in their side.

Now as for the NCAA piece and your question...we cant jaywalk without the NCAA calling their goons in to investigate us. That's how it was, is and will be. We have to operate differently and dont get the blind eye that the NCAA gives others. So why does it matter what conference? To some extent it doesnt as I mentioned above. But in my opinion, the NCAA is run by the SEC and those good ole boys. Therefore my trust flags just seem to go up a little higher when thinking about SEC vs B1G.

Hopefully that makes sense. At work trying to multitask.

Advertisement
And how far is it to the Big Schools? It's much further.

I'm not talking about fans, I'm taking about parents. Every game is a monumental undertaking. You just drove or flew past every SEC school aside from a few to get to the Big school. Literally drove past or flew over.

Again, you're doing to so play against teams that get waxed on the big stage, no pun intended.

7 schools in the BIG are less than an hour drive to International airports, meaning lower fares, more available flights, and less overall travel time.
Vandy is the only school in the SEC.

EDIT:
8 schools

Last edited:
1st off, going back to the origin, this was about the SEC and whether we get treated equally there. That's an old boys club that I personally just dont trust. I dont like getting into bed with someone I dont trust. But more my issue was your statement that its delusional to think we are still hated. We are. Thats whats ******* great about our brand. These mother****ers are still talking about us and people still want us on TV no matter how ****** weve been. Us against the world. Whether its NCAA or SEC, or even B1G to an extent (as I implied earlier, Im in no way saying the B1G is going t be a sweetheart to us...lesser of 2 evils blah blah blah), we have a target on our back that only gets bigger the more relevant we become. As opposed to being the bell of the ball when we win, we'll be looked at as the thorn in their side.

Now as for the NCAA piece and your question...we cant jaywalk without the NCAA calling their goons in to investigate us. That's how it was, is and will be. We have to operate differently and dont get the blind eye that the NCAA gives others. So why does it matter what conference? To some extent it doesnt as I mentioned above. But in my opinion, the NCAA is run by the SEC and those good ole boys. Therefore my trust flags just seem to go up a little higher when thinking about SEC vs B1G.

Hopefully that makes sense. At work trying to multitask.
IMG_1316.jpeg

Just playin lol, i understand your points i disagree tho. I think we’ll be good wherever

Advertisement

Curious what this looks like from a total travel time perspective when you add travel time from the nearest major airport to the stadium location, especially as compared to SEC schools.

Advertisement
How about those Westcoast schools coming on board? That's going to mess those averages up.

If you've got the time, what a out the SEC average?
SEC average is around 900 miles , note that these are drive distances where my previous post listed air travel distances. So to compare, it's probably in the 750-800 mi range. Obviously a lot less distance, but how to get there has to be figured in (previous post).

I was comparing the BIG to the Big East because we've been there before.

Throw in the west coast teams and it's all out of whack, but I can say with pretty much certainty that we wont play those schools every year.
Actually, I wouldn't mind a west coast game every 3 or 4 years.

For the record, I travel 1,100 miles 4/5 times a year to get to HRS (7 1/2 hours door to door), so all this is coming from a different point of view ....literally).

Last edited:
Curious what this looks like from a total travel time perspective when you add travel time from the nearest major airport to the stadium location, especially as compared to SEC schools.
Noted International Airport proximity;

Advertisement
Back