Votes: 121 26.8%

• Total voters
Advertisement
sec-football.gif

Can't wait to change my avatar to:

Hey S-E-C. Thnx 4 invite.

Now **** OFF

Last edited:
I was initially all SEC due to location and traveling. But the BIG has grown on me. I feel like we would get more of a fair shake in the BIG more so than SEC. SEC is still mostly Alabama, Georgia, LSU biased even in the conference itself. That's even before Texas is added. I believe we'll be valued more in the BIG. In addition, their TV contract is even better than the SEC and payout per team is higher.

Advertisement
I was initially all SEC due to location and traveling. But the BIG has grown on me. I feel like we would get more of a fair shake in the BIG more so than SEC. SEC is still mostly Alabama, Georgia, LSU biased even in the conference itself. That's even before Texas is added. I believe we'll be valued more in the BIG. In addition, their TV contract is even better than the SEC and payout per team is higher.
My exact same sentiments on this whole thing.

A while ago I was firmly in the camp of SEC but now am leaning BIG. Only wanted SEC so UFag would have to play us

Money and exposure is gonna be great either way, but, yeah ... playing FSU and UF on an annual (or at least regular) basis would be the No. 1 difference maker between the SEC and B1G (imo).

Either conference will be a huge step up from where we're stuck now.

Can't wait til it happens!

Last edited:
I think of it like a parent. The Big is closer by and large to where I live. Having said that, as our recruiting base is S. FL, who the **** wants to flyover a bunch of schools to play schools further north? Travel plans for our base would absolutely suck. At least everything is a day trip by and large in the SEC by car, forget about that with the Big. I'd just look at my kid and say I prefer closer rather than further.

Advertisement
Logistically, the SEC makes more sense and selfishly, I’m closer to many of their schools. BUT, they already think we’re beneath them and their good ole boy network would have us by the shorthairs.

We don’t have a “past” with the B1G and are a better fit academically. I think they would be more welcoming than than the SEC.

Advertisement
Nuanced answer.

Would HEAVILY prefer the SEC if Florida State goes with.

Would HEAVILY prefer the Big 10 if Florida State goes with.

Would have leaned 55-45 to the SEC prior to the AAU invitation.

Am coming around to a 51-49 Big 10 lean after considering the big picture.

Can only imagine how long Gaytor Tears would become with SEC membership, right @RVACane ?

Logistically, the SEC makes more sense and selfishly, I’m closer to many of their schools. BUT, they already think we’re beneath them and their good ole boy network would have us by the shorthairs.

We don’t have a “past” with the B1G and are a better fit academically. I think they would be more welcoming than than the SEC.

Not disagreeing with your premise wrt the SEC.

But how long would we be in the B1G before we got shafted just as badly by some total BS involving Mich, ND, OSU or PSU?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have a hard time believing anyone with a sense of UM history and recent cfb history could ever want us to join the SEC. It's like moving in to a new neighborhood where everyone hates you to the depths of their soul and will do anything they can to destroy you and your family.... and somehow thinking it will turn out OK. There's a vast cultural difference between the BIG and SEC. The latter is a sewer. When they chant SEC! SEC! it's not an "our team" thing, it's an "us vs them" thing - with an undercurrent of deeply held cultural, ideological and political resentments involved. And in that "us vs them," Miami is as far on the THEM side as any program will ever be.

Advertisement
Back