Votes: 36 8.0%
  • I am from Florida and prefer the B1GLY

Votes: 147 32.5%
  • I am from the South (not Florida) and prefer the B1GLY

Votes: 25 5.5%
  • I am from somewhere else and prefer the B1GLY

Votes: 121 26.8%

• Total voters
Miami to Big 10 Split my time between WNC and Tally. Like to see FSU Clem to the SEC. Maintain schedule somehow with FSU. Hope ACC crash and burns. Worst case would like to see new BIG East with top schools. Syracuse, Pitt, VTech Lou, GTech, and maybe poach some others. (I know not happening).

Advertisement
Which do you prefer for Miami?

Note about the poll: you can change your vote. It is recognized that information and circumstances can change quickly.
If you look at the total potential economic benefit to UM ... not just from enhanced media contract with the Big 10 but also from potentially participating in Federal Research Grant programs that are directed TO the Big 10 conference members (#1 ranked conference for receipt of Federal Research Funds to the tune of 15% or more of the total $90 Billion in Federal Research grants annually) ... then the Big 10 makes the most sense for the long term growth, financial stability, and prestige of the university. I live in Florida, not an alum, got my MBA at BC, have lived in Florida for almost 35 years, in Coral Gables for 27. Go Canes!!

**** tha sec

How great would it be if we joined the SEC and broke out that chant before, during and after every conference game — home or away — like some notorious soccer hooligans? Give those folks at Bama, LSU, UGA, Auburn etc a real reason to hate us

giphy.gif

giphy-1.gif

Advertisement
So I think we fit better with the profile of the B1G. However, we should realize that we will get stuck playing in Madison, lansing and Ann Arbor late in just about every season.

So I think we fit better with the profile of the B1G. However, we should realize that we will get stuck playing in Madison, lansing and Ann Arbor late in just about every season.

When, though?

Some people are acting like we will have 4 or 5 snow games every year, and that's just not true.

I'm fine with going to Madison in the first half of the season. I'd like to see Camp Randall.

And let's not pretend that Madison/Ann Arbor will be any different from Starkville or Columbia (either one) or Norman.

Advertisement
Let's get to 1000 votes, you filthy Hurricane animals!!!

I may end up moving to California from Miami next year so the possibility of being able to watch my Canes out West would be amazing. Aside from that, I just feel the BIG is a better fit. I also love being able to play Ohio State and Notre Dame on a semi regular basis -- two of my most hated schools.

Miami is not a southern school culturally speaking. Did just fine in The Big East in terms of weather and travel. Recruited well in The Big East and ACC. The issues have been money and commitment. That appears rectified. Stick with the northern roots. Miami just has nothing in common to the SEC schools and will always be treated like second class citizens there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
When, though?

Some people are acting like we will have 4 or 5 snow games every year, and that's just not true.

I'm fine with going to Madison in the first half of the season. I'd like to see Camp Randall.

And let's not pretend that Madison/Ann Arbor will be any different from Starkville or Columbia (either one) or Norman.

Absolutely. Growing up there was a crew of older PSU fans that would go to an away game every year. They were drinking out of a das boot they got in Wisky and used it as a new tradition for wins back at State College…

FUN!!

With the extra yearly funds, NIL, and location our recruiting should not suffer regardless of which conference we go to. If we are in one of the Big 2 recruiting would not be a concern especially since we seem to be recruiting more nationally now.
I'm just saying no other school can use the u can play vs the SEC against us. That's huge if u think it ain't it is. If we do our job we will get dogs but that makes it much easier imo.

Advertisement
Back