• I am from Florida and prefer the B1GLY

Votes: 147 32.5%
  • I am from the South (not Florida) and prefer the B1GLY

Votes: 25 5.5%
  • I am from somewhere else and prefer the B1GLY

Votes: 121 26.8%

• Total voters
Advertisement
"Rutgers (Convince them to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond, again this is a pipedream)"

Lol what?! In what rain drop sized pond is Rutgers going to be considered a big fish? Schiano had some success there, but that was a decade ago. They've had two winning seasons since he left.. 12 years ago.

They've played 109 seasons and still don't even have 500 wins
They've finished ranked three times in their entire history
They've hit double digit wins TWICE in their entire history

[BGCOLOR=initial]They're 25-69 since 2015, and a whopping 12-22 since Schiano came back.[/BGCOLOR]

Rutgers is a joke. They'd be like "poaching" Boston College.
Not gonna lie I got Rutgers mixed up with Maryland lol no idea why I thought it was Rutgers who has had moderate success.

This is a Pure Pipedream but I would love to see the ACC try to expand. PURELY hypothetical but if we were to add the likes of:

- Stanford
- Notre Dame
- WVU
- Rutgers (Convince them to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond, again this is a pipedream)

That would be great for us (and the league). It’ll add another Elite Team in ND, give us a presence on the Cali Coast with Stanford (while also keeping the Stanford/ND rivalry in tact)

Itll increase more presence in the NorthEast with Rutgers and also Re-Ignite some old Big East Matchups with the addition of WVU (WVU/Pitt would be a great addition)

We could split back into 2 Divisions of 9 Teams (play 6 in your own division + 2 from the other)
Each Team keeps 2 Permanent yearly Matchups

Division 1:

- Miami
- FSU
- Notre Dame
- Stanford
- Syracuse
- WVU
- Pitt
- Louisville
- UVA
- Virginia Tech

Division 2:

- Clemson
- UNC
- Wake Forest
- B.C
- Nc State
- Rutgers
- Duke
- Georgia Tech

I think this would be a great way to combat the B10/SEC (at this point the Big 12 too) a top 5 of consistent competitors in the conference of:

- ND
- Clemson
- UNC
- Miami
- FSU

As well as Rutgers/WVU still capable of solid 8/9 win seasons as well as Nc State/Louisville/Pitt being consistent teams capable of the 8-10 win range and that’s a solid conference with great old school matchups
Mike Myers No GIF

Advertisement
Back