Votes: 36 8.0%
  • I am from Florida and prefer the B1GLY

Votes: 147 32.5%
  • I am from the South (not Florida) and prefer the B1GLY

Votes: 25 5.5%
  • I am from somewhere else and prefer the B1GLY

Votes: 121 26.8%

• Total voters
I appreciate the sensitivities about travel costs in here but let's be realistic too. If your kid is good enough to be seeing actual playing time for a Miami Hurricanes football team that is flush with B1G ca$$$h and exposure.....then that kid is going to be getting at leasssst enough NIL money to get his family airfare on Spirit or Frontier. And that's even assuming he isn't considered a paid employee of the university by then too.

Nowwwww, if you want to debate if flying your family on Spirit or Frontier is actually a punishment in comparison to sticking them in an Astrovan with some gas money and a map of Bumblefuk towns in the American South that have the "good" Waffle Houses then there are credible points on both sides of that discussion as well.

Advertisement
Yea I think that would be the move
Bringing Miami and nd together should be the move for the big 10 and make them an annual rival
That’s really the only marque move that moves the needle for the big 10
It makes sense. You also have the USC vs ND rivalry and we could finally USC vs Miami in the battle of the big cities.

My issue with the BIG is how will Miami fair in the winter months? You already know they’ll be sending us to Michigan, OSU, Wisconsin in the late winter just to spite us.
What does not kill us.....makes us stronger. Nothing builds character more than adversity.

Advertisement
My issue with the BIG is how will Miami fair in the winter months? You already know they’ll be sending us to Michigan, OSU, Wisconsin in the late winter just to spite us.
We've been playing road games in cold states for a long time. It's not like the Big East and ACC are all teams from the south. The regular season ends on December 9th anyway so it's not like they'll be in Ann Arbor in January.

I appreciate the sensitivities about travel costs in here but let's be realistic too. If your kid is good enough to be seeing actual playing time for a Miami Hurricanes football team that is flush with B1G ca$$$h and exposure.....then that kid is going to be getting at leasssst enough NIL money to get his family airfare on Spirit or Frontier. And that's even assuming he isn't considered a paid employee of the university by then too.

Nowwwww, if you want to debate if flying your family on Spirit or Frontier is actually a punishment in comparison to sticking them in an Astrovan with some gas money and a map of Bumblefuk towns in the American South that have the "good" Waffle Houses then there are credible points on both sides of that discussion as well.
001.jpeg

Agreed, better than Spirit...Had that exact experience; Military Temporary Duty trip to NC from Hurlburt Field in the Panhandle. Bunch of us in one guy's Astro and we stopped in Jax to eat at a Waffle House!

Advertisement
This settles it. Big 10.

Close thread.

Would love to hear what both Frenk and Notre Dame's president have to say — off the record of course — about any B1G influence on the AAU selections.

Politics is part of darn near everything. Definitely could see the B1G offering up a little quid pro quo to the academic side to "encourage" the Canes and the Leprechauns to look the BIG's way when the time is right

Last edited:
You guys all act like the regular season of college football is in December, January, and February when in reality it’s over by Thanksgiving and you’re not gonna end the season with three games on the road. There’s a whole lot of false strawman argument being made about **** that doesn’t ever happen. We also froze our *** off in Pittsburgh many Fridays after thanksgiving so it’s not like that wasn’t already happening one time a month in November anyway.

Last edited:
You guys all act like the regular season of college football is in December, January, and February when in reality it’s over by Thanksgiving and you’re not gonna end the season with three games on the road. There’s a whole lot of false strawman argument being made about **** that doesn’t ever happen. We also froze our *** off in Pittsburgh many Fridays after thanksgiving so it’s not like that wasn’t already happening one time a month in November anyway.
conspiracy theory GIF

This.

And, the last week of the season is rivalry week (doubt we get ND yearly, as they'll probably draw USC) - so we won't be at OSU/Mich or Wisc/Minn or... Will we get stuck in a blizzard in Lansing for Thanksgiving once a decade? Probably. But, like you said, not much different than Pitt or Boston.

Come to think of it - Miami v UCLA on Thanksgiving weekend every year has a nice ring to it.

Advertisement
Mario has ties to California so hopefully guaranteeing a kid from Cali that he can play a game or two in his home state every year or every other year, is a good pitch to have.

Read an espn article yesterday that the SEC does not want Miami as a member. we don't fit with their schools. Their focus is on FSU and Clemson. Also said they don't want three teams from Florida and we mesh academically better with the Big 10

Advertisement
Read an espn article yesterday that the SEC does not want Miami as a member. we don't fit with their schools. Their focus is on FSU and Clemson. Also said they don't want three teams from Florida and we mesh academically better with the Big 10

I believe that is well known. Hopefully we'll make them regret their decision whenever we're giving the B1G exposure down in a hot contested recruiting ground, access to another southern major media market, and getting the excess funds needed to compete at a high level. We get in either conference we're going to be just fine.

Advertisement
Back