Culture problem at Miami ?

Point taken, but let me ask you this. Why was Meyer failing in Gainesville? Why is Harbaugh failing at Michigan? Those guys are elite, but they ran into culture problems, even if they were of their own making. I just refuse to believe that the guys I'm watching on the field would be an elite team with another new set of coaches.

Meyer failed in Gainesville? Two titles and close to a third is failing?

Urban gets burnt out at every job, he goes all in, wins, and then doesnt want to have to replace what he built.

Then he leaves, takes a year or so off and refreshes and does it again.

Please dont compare THAT to Al golden randy shannon mark richt manny diaz etc.

Advertisement
As for Michigan:

1) that team has one title in the last 40+ years bc Michigan is an overrated brand with poor recruiting areas
2) his offense without a pro QB doesnt work and becomes a 1980s ground and pound bore fest
3) he was ready to leave football and Michigan basically forced him to come via an outrageous money deal
4) they have been a top ten team and top 5 team multiple times in his tenure
5) he has to play the aforementioned Urban Meyer every year and Urban is better

Meyer failed in Gainesville? Two titles and close to a third is failing?

Urban gets burnt out at every job, he goes all in, wins, and then doesnt want to have to replace what he built.

Then he leaves, takes a year or so off and refreshes and does it again.

Please dont compare THAT to Al golden randy shannon mark richt manny diaz etc.

Oh my.

Urban left Gainesville because he had no Tebow and all of a sudden lost five games. He also had the off-field issues. His program was an absolute mess.

What is it about Ohio State that he didn't want to "rebuild"? He once again faced culture issues.

As for Michigan:

1) that team has one title in the last 40+ years bc Michigan is an overrated brand with poor recruiting areas
2) his offense without a pro QB doesnt work and becomes a 1980s ground and pound bore fest
3) he was ready to leave football and Michigan basically forced him to come via an outrageous money deal
4) they have been a top ten team and top 5 team multiple times in his tenure
5) he has to play the aforementioned Urban Meyer every year and Urban is better

And? Jim Harbaugh is an elite coach who currently leads a team that can't win.

Speaking of overrated brands.......

Oh my.

Urban left Gainesville because he had no Tebow and all of a sudden lost five games. He also had the off-field issues. His program was an absolute mess.

What is it about Ohio State that he didn't want to "rebuild"? He once again faced culture issues.

Again, culture issues are a made up thing by fans that occur when the HC isnt doing his job.

Urban gets burnt out. It is a known thing. There is no magic “culture monster” that ruins teams. It is ALL COACHING.

Advertisement
Again, culture issues are a made up thing by fans that occur when the HC isnt doing his job.

Urban gets burnt out. It is a known thing. There is no magic “culture monster” that ruins teams. It is ALL COACHING.

Apparently you have never been in sports, so you don't know that the mindset in the locker room absolutely affects what happens on the field. Culture is a real thing, and it impacts any organization (of any kind). If you bring in the wrong employees or the wrong players, ones that don't have the right mental makeup, no amount of coaching or leadership will work.

You literally hear it every year. Some new coach has to come in and clean up a toxic culture.

Back in the 80s, early 90s, Miami had a reputation for being a hard working team. Played and practiced with a chip on their shoulder. JJ reflected this as well, ‘coaching with two middle fingers up in the air’.

Those days are gone.

This

Apparently you have never been in sports, so you don't know that the mindset in the locker room absolutely affects what happens on the field. Culture is a real thing, and it impacts any organization (of any kind). If you bring in the wrong employees or the wrong players, ones that don't have the right mental makeup, no amount of coaching or leadership will work.

You literally hear it every year. Some new coach has to come in and clean up a toxic culture.

Unreal stupidity.

The poor culture is created by the coaching staff.

In our case, its bc we have hired incompetent after incompetent, with an overrated burnout in between.

THAT is what causes us to have a bad culture. If Nick Saban and his entire staff were brought to Miami instead of Al Golden there would be no culture issues.

What is so hard to understand about this?

Advertisement
Unreal stupidity.

The poor culture is created by the coaching staff.

In our case, its bc we have hired incompetent after incompetent, with an overrated burnout in between.

THAT is what causes us to have a bad culture. If Nick Saban and his entire staff were brought to Miami instead of Al Golden there would be no culture issues.

What is so hard to understand about this?

I am also wondering what's so hard to understand. This is an issue that literally every company and sports team talks about. You have to have the right people. If you have selfish, entitled people, you're not winning anything. It is an issue that doesn't get fixed just by getting the right X's and O's guy.

Do you really not think that people like Ed Reed and Tim Tebow and Derek Jeter had an impact on the mental side of their locker rooms?

Why is Manny exempt from being diseased, seeing that a whole slew of issues we’re seeing are coaching issues???

Furthermore, this is Manny’s 4th year at Miami, so if there is a disease lurking within the program he’s complicit.

He doesn’t get to separate himself from any diseases, when he’s directly responsible for helping build the culture over a four year period .

well, arguably his unit was the best functioning unit of the "diseased" whole. I would not fault him directly for the disease since he was not the head guy then. However, he should be able to diagnose it and know what to do about it since he has been within the program. This might be a 1-2 year project with some attrition of current "diseased" players and infusion of more his kind of players to build the culture he wants to instill. This usually is typical of a new guy taking over the program and wanting to put his own stamp on it.

“Culture” lol

We were out-coached and outplayed, and luckily squeeked by a comparable Directional Michigan team.

If you want to say the players weren’t trying as hard as they can, than you’re just calling them “lazy.” Which I don’t think is the case.

“The Culture” doesn’t need changing. The Coaches just need to get a lot better, fast.

I think the culture at Miami has been discounted by our fan base severely. Urban is a great example of needing to change the culture before success. He inherited a very talented roster from Zook, but if I remember correctly he had a mediocre first year. He changed attitudes and gave kids confidence and made them believers in themselves. We have been stuck in mediocrity for a loooong time. We need to scrap until we get a signature win where we win a game we shouldn’t have won. Our teams needs to learn how to win. Playing down to opponents is a symptom of not knowing how to win. Teams that know how to win bury bum teams consistently. I’m sick of screaming at the TV. Not sure Manny is the guy, but 4 games isn’t enough to convince me either way. That being said I want him to be the guy so we start winning again and winning big. My $0.02.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
I just read an article from 247 about What Urban Myer thinks the problem is at Michigan,
Maybe it relates to Miami as well.
Speaks about the coaches being good and players being good. But the mental makeup being completely off. Maybe that is more of an issue then talent.
It’s clear we have better athletes than Central Michigan. But maybe the “disease” Manny speaks of is rooted deep in these kids heads.
What did he do to eradicate this thought process? Whatever that is we need to do. Because squeaking past Central Michigan won’t get the program back to competing for NC. Weak mindset I guess is a problem at The U.

If that’s the case stop playing the kids who have this problem. **** if that means Jimmy Murphy is playing than play him.

This was one of the biggest things with FSU last year had kids that are cancers to the program starting and playing in key games and that went to 💩.

“Culture” lol

We were out-coached and outplayed, and luckily squeeked by a comparable Directional Michigan team.

If you want to say the players weren’t trying as hard as they can, than you’re just calling them “lazy.” Which I don’t think is the case.

“The Culture” doesn’t need changing. The Coaches just need to get a lot better, fast.

There it is again. You people think we have the players, but we just don't have the coaches. As though an average-top-15 recruiting class needs elite coaches to run up and down on Central Michigan. We have too many guys who are playing out the schedule because they think it's their ticket to da league.

Canes need to find more out of state kids, especially on both sides of the line. South Florida kids are weak and mentally soft from years of entitlement and getting SEC bags and crazy lax transfer rules every time a high school coach doesn't kiss their butt and leave to a new coach that will kiss their butt. CJ Henderson is a perfect example of a soft South Florida kid that couldn't take any criticism. As soon as these kids get down or get punched in the mouth they get stunned and turtle up. Miami will not be great until 30-40% of their Roster is from out of state to insert some toughness. Recruiting should go like this (there's always exceptions to the rule but this should be followed pretty closely)

OL Midwest, Texas, Georgia
WR - Florida, California, Texas, Georgia
RB - Florida, California, Texas, Georgia
QB - California, Texas Georgia
TE- Midwest, Texas, Georgia, Florida
LB - Texas, Georgia, Florida
DL - Midwest, Texas, Georgia, Florida
DE - Florida, California, Texas, Georgia
DB- Florida, California, Texas, Georgia
Kicker - Midwest

Advertisement
Canes need to find more out of state kids, especially on both sides of the line. South Florida kids are weak and mentally soft from years of entitlement and getting SEC bags and crazy lax transfer rules every time a high school coach doesn't kiss their butt and leave to a new coach that will kiss their butt. CJ Henderson is a perfect example of a soft South Florida kid that couldn't take any criticism. As soon as these kids get down or get punched in the mouth they get stunned and turtle up. Miami will not be great until 30-40% of their Roster is from out of state to insert some toughness. Recruiting should go like this (there's always exceptions to the rule but this should be followed pretty closely)

OL Midwest, Texas, Georgia
WR - Florida, California, Texas, Georgia
RB - Florida, California, Texas, Georgia
QB - California, Texas Georgia
TE- Midwest, Texas, Georgia, Florida
LB - Texas, Georgia, Florida
DL - Midwest, Texas, Georgia, Florida
DE - Florida, California, Texas, Georgia
DB- Florida, California, Texas, Georgia
Kicker - Midwest

That almost looks like a plan other than "build a fence around Miami-Dade".

This. There was a significant culture change on defense. This is what gives me hope that Manny can be successful here.

Through 4 games there has been no accountability. How can fans see that Enos’ style of play isn’t working, but Manny doesn’t demand he change it. How can fans see Baker isn’t getting the job done and can’t get CMU off the field but Manny doesn’t take over play calling?

I know it’s a small sample size but so far there is no evidence Manny can change what is going on.

He literally said today the players were feeling themselves after beating Bethune Cookman and didn’t take CMU serious. That is 100% on the coaches how do you let that happen?

Advertisement
Back