Culture problem at Miami ?

There is definitely something off within this program, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

Sometimes it feels like they need someone, anyone to make a game changing play that sparks their unit.

Defense has been doing it consistently for several years, but the offense just seems stagnant and passive in their mindset.

Advertisement
Does this disease make our OC run a power O behind a weak, young, OL? Does it make our DC sit back and get killed every 3rd and 4th down (UNC).

To me, all roads lead to having inexperienced coaches all over the staff. Everyone is learning on the job at UM. Its crazy

Our opponents are 14-58 this season on 3rd down.

Advertisement
There is definitely something off within this program, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

Sometimes it feels like they need someone, anyone to make a game changing play that sparks their unit.

Defense has been doing it consistently for several years, but the offense just seems stagnant and passive in their mindset.

Square peg round hole. We need a fast paced offense that utilizes athletes. Everyone can see that except Miami coaches

It’s 2019 and we are talking about UM. I don’t know how this relates to what we are talking about.

You say it's not a culture problem, but I can point to many programs that have had great coaching with a terrible locker room. But I am not surprised that you cannot make the connection.

Square peg round hole. We need a fast paced offense that utilizes athletes. Everyone can see that except Miami coaches

It’s not just scheme. It’s an inability to make the big play at the biggest moments. There have been more than enough of those this season alone for us to be 4-0.

Advertisement
There it is again. You people think we have the players, but we just don't have the coaches. As though an average-top-15 recruiting class needs elite coaches to run up and down on Central Michigan. We have too many guys who are playing out the schedule because they think it's their ticket to da league.
Dude, we don’t have enough talent to manhandle CENTRAL MICHIGAN?

That is rationalization of the highest order.

You say it's not a culture problem, but I can point to many programs that have had great coaching with a terrible locker room. But I am not surprised that you cannot make the connection.
You think we have great coaching lol. Bro you honestly cannot think we have great coaching are you serious. Our locker room is not terrible man, we have a lot of good kids who for the most part behave themselves and are stand up guys.

Dude, we don’t have enough talent to manhandle CENTRAL MICHIGAN?

That is rationalization of the highest order.

We absolutely have the talent to manhandle Central Michigan. If you're struggling against Central Michigan, it has NOTHING to do with scheme. It has to do with players who don't give a &^%$.

You think we have great coaching lol. Bro you honestly cannot think we have great coaching are you serious. Our locker room is not terrible man, we have a lot of good kids who for the most part behave themselves and are stand up guys.

I think we have great coaching? If that's how you're going to reply, just move on. Because I haven't said one thing about the quality of our coaching.

Advertisement
I think we have great coaching? If that's how you're going to reply, just move on. Because I haven't said one thing about the quality of our coaching.
Is that not what you wrote Yes please stop replying to me cause you absolutely are
not making any sense.

Yeah, I've always disagreed with @Dwinstitles on this matter. Miami's not in the gutter because we don't get elite players. We're in the gutter because we had coaching staffs that didn't know how to properly develop and evaluate talent; and the talent that they did have, they didn't know how to properly utilize it. In most sports, talent carries you. In football, coaching is what carries you first and foremost. Get a coach that knows what he's doing, then Miami will be back. Manny isn't it though.
Respect on the different points of view...good post

Advertisement
I said in another thread this CMU game would tell us a lot about the team and sure enough it did. We're the same program we've been for over a decade+ now. I honestly thought there was change afoot as the saying goes, but now I'm not so sure.

We have people here that are so clueless as to what running a program is, it boggles the mind.

Nobody said **** about scheme. Scheme is only one small piece of coaching a college football team.

These same morons think that Miami just kept getting unlucky with “bad apples” and if only we had gotten the right kids Randy Shannon and Manny Diaz would be hall of fame coaches.

The stupidity is beyond compare.

I don't think anyone is questioning the character of the players, but culture is a totally different thing. Why is arguably our best WR a transfer from Buffalo, the same guy we heard was always doing extra work to get better.

I just read an article from 247 about What Urban Myer thinks the problem is at Michigan,
Maybe it relates to Miami as well.
Speaks about the coaches being good and players being good. But the mental makeup being completely off. Maybe that is more of an issue then talent.
It’s clear we have better athletes than Central Michigan. But maybe the “disease” Manny speaks of is rooted deep in these kids heads.
What did he do to eradicate this thought process? Whatever that is we need to do. Because squeaking past Central Michigan won’t get the program back to competing for NC. Weak mindset I guess is a problem at The U.
This program is a country club for lazy, indifferent coaches and players. Team is Charmin soft and can't take a punch. Nobody pays attention to what they are doing, hence a blizzard of penalties every game, dropped balls by receivers, poor defensive play and an OL that may as well not be on the field at all. Comes back to coaching and lazy attitudes on behalf of players. Team needs a hardass coach. Do you think Howard, JJ, or Butch would put up with this sloppy krap game after game, year after year?

Advertisement
Back