Culture problem at Miami ?

stormbrewing

Senior
I just read an article from 247 about What Urban Myer thinks the problem is at Michigan,
Maybe it relates to Miami as well.
Speaks about the coaches being good and players being good. But the mental makeup being completely off. Maybe that is more of an issue then talent.
It’s clear we have better athletes than Central Michigan. But maybe the “disease” Manny speaks of is rooted deep in these kids heads.
What did he do to eradicate this thought process? Whatever that is we need to do. Because squeaking past Central Michigan won’t get the program back to competing for NC. Weak mindset I guess is a problem at The U.

Advertisement
Why is Manny exempt from being diseased, seeing that a whole slew of issues we’re seeing are coaching issues???

Furthermore, this is Manny’s 4th year at Miami, so if there is a disease lurking within the program he’s complicit.

He doesn’t get to separate himself from any diseases, when he’s directly responsible for helping build the culture over a four year period .

Last edited:
I just read an article from 247 about What Urban Myer thinks the problem is at Michigan,
Maybe it relates to Miami as well.
Speaks about the coaches being good and players being good. But the mental makeup being completely off. Maybe that is more of an issue then talent.
It’s clear we have better athletes than Central Michigan. But maybe the “disease” Manny speaks of is rooted deep in these kids heads.
What did he do to eradicate this thought process? Whatever that is we need to do. Because squeaking past Central Michigan won’t get the program back to competing for NC. Weak mindset I guess is a problem at The U.

Yes, there is a major culture problem. It’s the biggest problem. These kids think they are good enough to win based on talent alone. They have no idea what it takes to be a great team that wins consistently. They’re selfish, entitled, and lazy.

Why is Manny exempt from being diseased, seeing that a whole slew of issues we’re seeing are coaching issues???

Furthermore, this is Manny’s 4th year at Miami, so if there is a disease lurking within the program he’s complicit.

He doesn’t get to esperare himself from any diseases, when he’s directly responsible for helping build the culture over a four year period .

He’s not exempt but he also wasn’t responsible for the offense until this year. There is no doubt in my mind that the defensive players have a much different mind set than the offensive players. That was painfully evident the last few years.

He doesn’t get to esperare himself from any diseases, when he’s directly responsible for helping build the culture over a four year period .

Manny’s culture on his side of the ball did change. He improved Miami's Defense dramatically since he has been at Miami.

Advertisement
Clearly Cleveland reed is one of the diseased. Guy had a clear path to a job once Vaughn was gone in 2 years. Then up and leaves because he couldn’t beat out a freshman. Clearly thinks he should be starting lol but he can’t beat out a fat guy and a freshman. That my friends is a diseased mind. A mind that doesn’t want to work and grind for it.

Miami has a lot of problems, it starts at the top, goes through the Coaches, the team and then through the fans even.
1) The administration thinks 9-4 is super cool. They are completely satisfied winning a bowl every few years so long as they make ACC money.
2) The coaches are always looking for the next gig. Any coach worth a d@mn bounces. Simpson, Kuligowski, etc. The only ones that stay are bums.
3) The players really think they are The U, the coaches tell them so. Cant really be too mad at them because they arent getting paid and theyve had sh*t coaches.
4) The fans (god bless 'em) are done. People talk about fair weather Miami fans and its mostly true, but this administration and team has given nothing back to them. Its a toxic fanbase because of the last 15+ years.

The outcome of this hire was incredibly predictable. Many, many people saw it coming and many more of you wrote them off as being negative. I really dont want to harp on this too much, because I know that no hire is perfect, but this university could have hired Butch Davis 3 times now... and before you criticize me for saying Butch, please remember I was 100% right about Manny Diaz, Mark Richt & Al Golden. Butch knows football & you dont.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami has a lot of problems, it starts at the top, goes through the Coaches, the team and then through the fans even.
1) The administration thinks 9-4 is super cool. They are completely satisfied winning a bowl every few years so long as they make ACC money.
2) The coaches are always looking for the next gig. Any coach worth a d@mn bounces. Simpson, Kuligowski, etc. The only ones that stay are bums.
3) The players really think they are The U, the coaches tell them so. Cant really be too mad at them because they arent getting paid and theyve had sh*t coaches.
4) The fans (god bless 'em) are done. People talk about fair weather Miami fans and its mostly true, but this administration and team has given nothing back to them. Its a toxic fanbase because of the last 15+ years.

The outcome of this hire was incredibly predictable. Many, many people saw it coming and many more of you wrote them off as being negative. I really dont want to harp on this too much, because I know that no hire is perfect, but this university could have hired Butch Davis 3 times now... and before you criticize me for saying Butch, please remember I was 100% right about Manny Diaz, Mark Richt & Al Golden. Butch knows football & you dont.

LOL on your last comment. The vast majority of all coaching hires end in failure. Being right on a couple times is not a hard thing to achieve. You are not right about Diaz...yet. 4 games in is too soon to declare victory.

Advertisement

Exactly he made it sound like he wasn't part of the problem himself when he's been here for 4 years. There's definitely a "disease" in the program and he's part of it.

LOL on your last comment. The vast majority of all coaching hires end in failure. Being right on a couple times is not a hard thing to achieve. You are not right about Diaz...yet. 4 games in is too soon to declare victory.
I was 100% right on Diaz already. Its the definition of a lazy hire and I really dont have time for stupid Miami fan. Next thing you'll trot out is "he cant tackle for them."

Exactly he made it sound like he wasn't part of the problem himself when he's been here for 4 years. There's definitely a "disease" in the program and he's part of it.

Again, compare the offense to the defense. For the last 3 years, it was like the offense and defense can’t from two different teams.

Advertisement
Back