Culture problem at Miami ?

What’s this heart to heart meetings manny had with the team?

94BA4F11-B6CF-4989-9224-734A3A0EEFD3.jpeg

Advertisement
It’s the entire University, but mostly the admin and BOT.

Started w Shalala and hasn’t changed.
coaching is the biggest problem we have. It has shown up in the transfer portal. We will have other players and recent commits back out. "A fish rots at the head first."

Advertisement
We are way overthinking it. Our issue is very simple, OC/QB. Fix just those two things and life is good. Now that does not make us a top 10 team, we need more talent and more team speed for that. Hard to build when kids are hitting the portal once a week.

When a coach blames things like "culture" and "disease" it shows me that it's a cop out and a way for them to shift blame away from their incompetence/****** schemes to the players. It's essentially throwing kids under the bus. There have been plenty of coaches who in their 1st year turned a team around to having a winning record from a losing one the year before. Did those teams have a negative culture and disease problem as well or was it a matter of the coach being ******?

LOL, well what do you expect from a guy that didn't play football beyond Pop Warner?

When a buffalo transfer out works the rest of the receivers If not everyone else on the team you got a serious culture problem.
Chains, TD rings, sideline dancing, telling fans not to be fans later is all a sign that the culture is seriously damaged and a large part of that is Manny’s fault

Advertisement
Tell that to USC. Sorry, but that’s a naive take.

Yeah, I've always disagreed with @Dwinstitles on this matter. Miami's not in the gutter because we don't get elite players. We're in the gutter because we had coaching staffs that didn't know how to properly develop and evaluate talent; and the talent that they did have, they didn't know how to properly utilize it. In most sports, talent carries you. In football, coaching is what carries you first and foremost. Get a coach that knows what he's doing, then Miami will be back. Manny isn't it though.

Yeah, I've always disagreed with @Dwinstitles on this matter. Miami's not in the gutter because we don't get elite players. We're in the gutter because we had coaching staffs that didn't know how to properly develop and evaluate talent; and the talent that they did have, they didn't know how to properly utilize it. In most sports, talent carries you. In football, coaching is what carries you first and foremost. Get a coach that knows what he's doing, then Miami will be back. Manny isn't it though.

Happens when we hire clueless coaches in key positions

The disease is hiring corches. Period. Theres nothing magic to it.

Coker after Miami? Couldnt get any P5 gig.
Shannon after Miami? Couldnt get any HC gig
Golden after Miami? Couldnt get any HC gig.
Richt after Miami? Burnt to a crisp retiree.

Hire elite coaches and it won’t look like this.

FSU didnt have a culture problem until Jimbo wanted out and started half-assing it. Now they have the “disease” as well. Could it be their horrendous corch that has bad bad EVERYWHERE? or is it the magic “culture disease”.

Hire elite, worthy of this job coaches, and it will change.

Personally, I think it's more than pure coaching. There's a culture problem within this program that has been consistent across the last 4 regimes. If Manny can't fix that, it doesn't matter who his assistants are.

Advertisement
Personally, I think it's more than pure coaching. There's a culture problem within this program that has been consistent across the last 4 regimes. If Manny can't fix that, it doesn't matter who his assistants are.

Again, the “culture problem” is all of those regimes were terrible coaches. Flat out unemployable afterwards they were that bad.

When you see the same thing happening, with a coach and staff that on paper is the worst of all 4 prior regimes, its not hard to put 2 and 2 together.

I just read an article from 247 about What Urban Myer thinks the problem is at Michigan,
Maybe it relates to Miami as well.
Speaks about the coaches being good and players being good. But the mental makeup being completely off. Maybe that is more of an issue then talent.
It’s clear we have better athletes than Central Michigan. But maybe the “disease” Manny speaks of is rooted deep in these kids heads.
What did he do to eradicate this thought process? Whatever that is we need to do. Because squeaking past Central Michigan won’t get the program back to competing for NC. Weak mindset I guess is a problem at The U.

Manny is the originator of the disease. He was hired when richt came and helped implement the disease.

For example: Kids respect Rumph..he was a Cane, drafted into the NFL, played in the NFL, a coach players gravitate to, knowledgeable....Shanny makes his bartender best friend the Co-DC. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Advertisement
There's no way that every single coach for 18 years has been incompetent. No way. We are stuck with a recruiting base that grows up soft and entitled. Take a guy like Paul Chryst, a winner, and he fails at Miami just like the others have.

There's no way that every single coach for 18 years has been incompetent. No way. We are stuck with a recruiting base that grows up soft and entitled. Take a guy like Paul Chryst, a winner, and he fails at Miami just like the others have.

Again, what have these coaches done after Miami? **** what did any of them do BEFORE miami?

Three rookie HCs, one Mac coach, and one burnt out overrated coach.

None ever led a team again. This isnt rocket science guys.

He’s not exempt but he also wasn’t responsible for the offense until this year. There is no doubt in my mind that the defensive players have a much different mind set than the offensive players. That was painfully evident the last few years.
Completely agree

Again, what have these coaches done after Miami? **** what did any of them do BEFORE miami?

Three rookie HCs, one Mac coach, and one burnt out overrated coach.

None ever led a team again. This isnt rocket science guys.

Point taken, but let me ask you this. Why was Meyer failing in Gainesville? Why is Harbaugh failing at Michigan? Those guys are elite, but they ran into culture problems, even if they were of their own making. I just refuse to believe that the guys I'm watching on the field would be an elite team with another new set of coaches.

Advertisement
Back