Cristobal extended by ducks

Is it really?. They werent even suppose to be in this game and no one really cared about the game but oregon even usc apparently. That game was sooo boring i watched Buff vs Ball State more so

Yeah I think it is worthy of praise for Mario. Its not a coronation but for fook sakes man, The guy is a Cane (in spite of all the Donna-era *********) and is having success at the highest level of coaching. (albeit the lowest of the highest level of coaching - the post modern Pac12) lol

Can there be kind words of praise for Mario's accomplishments posted here?

Advertisement
You in your feelings rn, brother.

I'm not even a Mario truther. He's whatever. But you speaking from the heart rn.
What feelings?. He coaches a team all the way across the country that no one in south florida watches other than his d*ck riders on here. lol

I told you i was watching buffalo vs ball state last night caught the last drive of the oregon game...i could care less about Mario Cristobal.

In your opinion if Clemson had to bail on the ACCCG cause of COVID would we deserve to be in it?

Yeah a lot of people are ignoring this. If Washington doesn't tap out due to Covid, Cristobal is laughed at for being a corch who lost to a 1 win Cal and an Oregon State team that has less talent than some G5s.

If Miami had accepted the ACC coastal spot in the acc championship game back in 2012 instead of self imposing (UNC's was banned so it was Miami's spot despite being 7-5), I wonder if all these posters would be singing the praises of Al Golden for making it to the acc championship in just his second year.

I'd still take Cristobal over Diaz though.

Yeah I think it is worthy of praise for Mario. Its not a coronation but for fook sakes man, The guy is a Cane (in spite of all the Donna-era *********) and is having success at the highest level of coaching. (albeit the lowest of the highest level of coaching - the post modern Pac12) lol

Can there be kind words of praise for Mario's accomplishments posted here?

No. Mike Rumph is a cane as and he could get the f*ck as well. Are there kind words of praise for Randy Shannon's accomplishments?.

Stop bringing him up...It keeps his name relevant and any time our hc opening is there my stomach gets queezy thinking of him possibly being our coach. Hope Oregon extends him through 2030 lol.

Yeah a lot of people are ignoring this. If Washington doesn't tap out due to Covid, Cristobal is laughed at for being a corch who lost to a 1 win Cal and a Oregon State team that has less talent than some G5s. If Miami had accepted the ACC coastal spot in the acc championship game back in 2012 instead of self imposing (UNC's was banned so it was Miami's spot despite being 7-5), I wonder if all these posters would be singing the praises of Al Golden for making it to the acc championship in just his second year.

Cal, Washington state and Oregon state have signed seven 4 Star players combined in the last three years.

He went 1-2 against those three teams, needing 22 4th quarter points to avoid going 0-3.

Advertisement
Yeah a lot of people are ignoring this. If Washington doesn't tap out due to Covid, Cristobal is laughed at for being a corch who lost to a 1 win Cal and a Oregon State team that has less talent than some G5s. If Miami had accepted the ACC coastal spot in the acc championship game back in 2012 instead of self imposing (UNC's was banned so it was Miami's spot despite being 7-5), I wonder if all these posters would be singing the praises of Al Golden for making it to the acc championship in just his second year.

But Washington did, and then Oregon beat an undefeated USC team and the game was essentially never in doubt.

It just is what it is, man. The hate people have for Mario on this forum is pretty irrational. I'm not even saying you gotta love'em, but the results are the results and we enjoy a sport that is a results business.

I'd love to have those results at this point and again, I'm whatever on the guy.

But Washington did, and then Oregon beat an undefeated USC team and the game was essentially never in doubt.

It just is what it is, man. The hate people have for Mario on this forum is pretty irrational. I'm not even saying you gotta love'em, but the results are the results and we enjoy a sport that is a results business.

I'd love to have those results at this point and again, I'm whatever on the guy.
Again is Larry Coker a better hc than Butch Davis?.

Cant just say the results are the results when really looking at the whole picture.

I got him as a tad bit better coach than Manny Diaz and thats with him having more hc experience and actually coaching at a championship program under the goat college football coach. We cant have the same results as we are in a conference with actual teams that can win a National Championship. Diaz would likely win the pac 12 with the same talent Manny is falling forward with honestly.

Again is Larry Coker a better hc than Butch Davis?.

Cant just say the results are the results when really looking at the whole picture.

I got him as a tad bit better coach than Manny Diaz and thats with him having more hc experience and actually coaching at a championship program under the goat college football coach. We cant have the same results as we are in a conference with actual teams that can win a National Championship. Diaz would likely win the pac 12 with the same talent Manny is falling forward with honestly.

Breh, I ain't going to strawman with you. Butch Davis can be better than Larry Coker, but that doesn't mean Campbell (for example) is a better coach or result getter than Mario. It is what it is. I like Campbell, too...but he's mad overrated around these parts.

If you think he's only a "tad bit better coach" than Manny Diaz, you're off the reservation and you've got a bad take. Sorry, brother. Happens to the best of us.

Breh, I ain't going to strawman with you. Butch Davis can be better than Larry Coker, but that doesn't mean Campbell (for example) is a better coach or result getter than Mario. It is what it is. I like Campbell, too...but he's mad overrated around these parts.

If you think he's only a "tad bit better coach" than Manny Diaz, you're off the reservation and you've got a bad take. Sorry, brother. Happens to the best of us.

What makes him a better coach than Campbell or Manny?.

Advertisement
What makes him a better coach than Campbell or Manny?.

He wins his conference at every level. He recruits at an elite level at every level. He's done a good job finding assistants...one has already moved on to become a head coach. He's produced first rounders and many NFL players.

So...significantly more than Manny (I can not believe you're actually working this take rn, its nonsense)...and while I like Campbell he's a guy that just can't seal the deal (see today's game just as one example...but he couldn't do it at Toledo either)...and Mario has sealed the deal quite a few times.

So...significantly more than Manny (I can not believe you're actually working this take rn, its nonsense)...and while I like Campbell he's a guy that just can't seal the deal (see today's game just as one example...but he couldn't do it at Toledo either)...and Mario has sealed the deal quite a few times.

People kill Manny for losing to a 3 loss team in UNC and rightfully so because it was embarrassing but jerk off Cristobal for losing to a 5-6 Arizona State team with a chance to make the playoffs and this with a QB who is killing it in the NFL right now

Dude lost to two HORRIFIC teams in Oregon State and Cal this season, but that makes it ok because they won a meaningless conference championship game which they shouldn’t have been even playing

He wins his conference at every level. He recruits at an elite level at every level. He's done a good job finding assistants...one has already moved on to become a head coach. He's produced first rounders and many NFL players.

He won the conference...but everyone can agree the conference is bad and he was handed the team pretty loaded. This year he wasnt even gonna be in the conference game. He won the year at FIU one time. Had the best talent in the conference most of those years... or recruited the best

- five of the last six offensive coordinators at Oregon who left that position to become a head coach. The guy that left him was hired by a person he had a connection with.

But I would give him some love there..he would put together a better staff than Manny.

Career Record: 10 Years, 52-56, .481 Win%

The results are the results.

Yeah a lot of people are ignoring this. If Washington doesn't tap out due to Covid, Cristobal is laughed at for being a corch who lost to a 1 win Cal and an Oregon State team that has less talent than some G5s.

If Miami had accepted the ACC coastal spot in the acc championship game back in 2012 instead of self imposing (UNC's was banned so it was Miami's spot despite being 7-5), I wonder if all these posters would be singing the praises of Al Golden for making it to the acc championship in just his second year.

The thing that keeps being overlooked is that Cristobal has been a HC for 8 years. This was Diaz's second.

If you don't think he can self-evaluate and improve, despite showing the ability to do so, then that's on you.

I just don't see a great HC when I look at Cristobal. Of all the guys people champion on here as the one that got away, he's by far the least impressive candidate.

Advertisement
The thing that keeps being overlooked is that Cristobal has been a HC for 8 years. This was Diaz's second.

If you don't think he can self-evaluate and improve, despite showing the ability to do so, then that's on you.

I just don't see a great HC when I look at Cristobal. Of all the guys people champion on here as the one that got away, he's by far the least impressive candidate.

Cristobal is an average coach and a great recruiter

He’s basically a worse version of Butch Davis

The ninja doesnt even have any play calling history.

Oregon outspends all other teams in the Pac 12 by orders of magnitude and they drop bags like the big boys. A team ranked 12th in overall talent according to the 247 composite should not lose to the #56 team at home. That's a 44 spot difference. To put that in perspective, the difference between Miami and FAU is 53 spots (Cal is #44) . There is no Clemson in the Pac 12. Oregon is the closest thing to Clemson.

So let's say Miami plays a 5 game schedule beats UNC (#22 UNC much closer in talent to Miami than #12 Oregon beating #20 Stanford, who was the best team on the schedule before the Pac 12 title game) , then loses to FAU at home and Rutgers on the road. VT is set to play in the acc championship game, but can't play due to Covid, so Miami gets the spot to face Notre Dame in the acc championship game. Would you be OK with Blake James giving Diaz a raise to 4.5 million per year and extending his contract based on back dooring into the ACC championship ? Game hasn't been played so can't take the results of the championship game into consideration - remember Cristobal got the new deal before playing in the Pac 12 title game.

Advertisement
He won the conference...but everyone can agree the conference is bad and he was handed the team pretty loaded. This year he wasnt even gonna be in the conference game. He won the year at FIU one time. Had the best talent in the conference most of those years... or recruited the best

- five of the last six offensive coordinators at Oregon who left that position to become a head coach. The guy that left him was hired by a person he had a connection with.

But I would give him some love there..he would put together a better staff than Manny.

Career Record: 10 Years, 52-56, .481 Win%

The results are the results.

27-47 at FIU...which was the worst team in America when he took over, but by his 5th season, had them winning the conference and their first bowl game. First two winning seasons in school history.

25-9 as the head coach of Oregon. 74% winning percentage.

FWIW - his staff at FIU had Scott Satterfield and Geoff Collins on staff...you know that, but it needs to be said. ...at FIU.

And there I’m lies the problem sporto, manure is so god awful he couldn’t even achieve that accomplishment to get compliments for it! Lmao
At no point did I say anything about Manny. Both suck. You are a total dip**** and everything you post = diarrhea. Young and dumb is no excuse.

Oregon outspends all other teams in the Pac 12 by orders of magnitude and they drop bags like the big boys. A team ranked 12th in overall talent according to the 247 composite should not lose to the #56 team at home. That's a 44 spot difference. To put that in perspective, the difference between Miami and FAU is 53 spots (Cal is #44) . There is no Clemson in the Pac 12. Oregon is the closest thing to Clemson.

So let's say Miami plays a 5 game schedule beats UNC (#22 UNC much closer in talent to Miami than #12 Oregon beating #20 Stanford, who was the best team on the schedule before the Pac 12 title game) , then loses to FAU at home and Rutgers on the road. VT is set to play in the acc championship game, but can't play due to Covid, so Miami gets the spot to face Notre Dame in the acc championship game. Would you be OK with Blake James giving Diaz a raise to 4.5 million per year and extending his contract based on back dooring into the ACC championship ? Game hasn't been played so can't take the results of the championship game into consideration - remember Cristobal got the new deal before playing in the Pac 12 title game.

You're legit trying to perform acrobatics to justify your take. End result is Mario has won the past two Pac12 titles. Y'all love coaches on this forum that have done far less. Matt Campbell lost to Louisiana THIS YEAR. Yet, Matt Campbell is an amazing, elite coach, and Mario gets **** on every week. Makes no sense. One guy has won at multiple places, one guy is still chasing his first. I'm not ****ting on Campbell, but y'all get in your feelings over Mario. See this thread.

You're legit trying to perform acrobatics to justify your take. End result is Mario has won the past two Pac12 titles. Y'all love coaches on this forum that have done far less. Matt Campbell lost to Louisiana THIS YEAR. Yet, Matt Campbell is an amazing, elite coach, and Mario gets **** on every week. Makes no sense. One guy has won at multiple places, one guy is still chasing his first. I'm not ****ting on Campbell, but y'all get in your feelings over Mario. See this thread.

That's the equivalent based on the talent ranks. That's the fair way to compare teams. You are ignoring some horrendous losses by Mario because it suits your narrative. I'm not defending Diaz, I think he's corch too but I'm not blinded by this Mario love fest.

Advertisement
Back