Cristobal extended by ducks

They had 1 player drafted before he got there becuase the program started in like 2000. They were being coached by Don Strock who really was just in a kush job. FIU in no way shape or form is one of the worst jobs in d1...essentially because they are in MIAMI. Just like us...any competent coach can and will win there because 4th tier florida kids are typically better than the rest of the teams in their conferences.

You said the results are the results but take out his win percentage at fiu, downplay other teams situations/ and ceilings and comparisons to him because it doesnt fit your narrative and your taling about digging your heels in.

At what point will he stop losing to sh*tty programs at the best school in a sh*tty conference and become even a thought about team in reference to the college football playoff?. He's been a HC for about a decade and is essentially the same guy on gamedays. Sh*t i mean in 2017 richt had us in conversations at some point. Lol @ you putting down Matt Campbell for what he did at Toledo. I would take that guy over Mario here honestly. Mario is at the best place he can be coaching wise honestly. He should ride it out there.

I'm just able to contextualize his situation at FIU. You don't need to give me a history lesson, I know who coached them...and they were one of the worst programs in the nation. They didn't win a game in FOUR YEARS. He basically built whatever program they have now. They went from winning 10% of their games in their first five years to 39% winning program with a conference title and a bowl win.

You are basically ****ting on him for not being a national championship head coach. He wins his conference, but has a bad loss or two every year. The only step above that is a perennial playoff team and national title contender. So, he's not Lincoln Riley or Brian Kelly? Alright. That's what his results at Oregon basically are...right underneath those guys. Anything you're feeling for Mario Cristobal is really just your feelings and not a by product of actual results...real tangible ****, playa. You're caping for a guy that while a good coach is 20 percentage points fewer in the win% column than this guy in the Power 5. 20 percentage points.

Advertisement
My pt was that this place only attracts unproven & mediocre coaches. What capable HC that's worth his weight would even touch this job with a ten ft pole? You just named coaches in the past 15 yrs, who failed even worse after leaving MIA, but the truth is you can say the same thing about the coaches that won @ MIA too. Once upon a time this place empowered coaches to become the best version of themselves. Thats no longer the case. He would never take this job to begin with, but you're fooling yourself if you think Urban would be able to replicate the success of his previous stops @ MIA. The same goes for Mullen & Cristobal too. The programs they are currently at allows them to be the best they can be. What was Cristobal's record @ FIU? You think his experience with Saban made him that much better? And if so why hasn't it had a similar effect on his other assistants?
We barely had coaching searches in 2007, 2010 and 2016. And we had no search in 2019 but we paid Temple for 4 million for a 3 week head coach. It is incompetency at the highest level. If you are going to hire an assistant then at least hire one with a pedigree from a national title contending program. If you are going to hire a G5 head coach, then hire one who has dominated his conference multiple years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back