Cristobal extended by ducks

You're legit trying to perform acrobatics to justify your take. End result is Mario has won the past two Pac12 titles. Y'all love coaches on this forum that have done far less. Matt Campbell lost to Louisiana THIS YEAR. Yet, Matt Campbell is an amazing, elite coach, and Mario gets **** on every week. Makes no sense. One guy has won at multiple places, one guy is still chasing his first. I'm not ****ting on Campbell, but y'all get in your feelings over Mario. See this thread

You’re comparing ******* Iowa State, which has almost zero football history to Oregon who made a NC and playoff this decade

Advertisement
Would’ve, couldve, should’ve @$$hole! The fact is he’s a ******* winner with two pac 12 titles in a row. And your hero Lispy Manure owns the worst defensive performance in Suntan U football history. Oh and just for ***** and giggles he also owns the worst defensive performance in Texas history. But by all means carry on with your agenda as the head of the Manny Mouse Club! 🐭🤣😂
You have a reading comprehension problem moron.

I think Mario sucks. I think Manny sucks thus far. I KNOW you are a loser.

Last edited:
You're completely blind to your own blatant hypocrisy buddy.

And you'll prove it if you answer this question.

If in our bowl game we play well and win, what will your feelings be about our coach and program?
He probably won’t give Manny the credit he deserves and you aren’t giving Mario the credit he deserves for finding a way to get 2 Conference titles in a row.

That's the equivalent based on the talent ranks. That's the fair way to compare teams. You are ignoring some horrendous losses by Mario because it suits your narrative. I'm not defending Diaz, I think he's corch too but I'm not blinded by this Mario love fest.
nah, brother, I'm not ignoring anything. He's got bad losses. Most of everyone's heroes here do.

But at the end of the day, he's still got multiple conference championships, produces very good staffs, puts players into the NFL, and recruits at an elite level. He's a pretty poor gameday coach...he's flawed, I'm not saying he's the second coming, but he gets **** on for no reason here.

Mario is a 73% winner at Oregon. Campbell a 54% winner at Iowa State. Mario winning 73% is on par with like Paul Chryst at Wisconsin, better than Mike Gundy at Oklahoma State, better than David Shaw at Stanford, on par with Brian Kelly at Notre Dame. That is pretty good company, man.

Great for Cristobal, guy has really excelled in his career. Have always felt that if Manny doesn’t work out he’d be the best coach we could get from the existing pool right now. He’d come to Miami in a second, he’s always wanted the job. Got turned down in 2010 and 2015, was apparently trying to feel things out in 2018 before Blake pulled the trigger on Manny.

Advertisement
The funniest thing is the Mario guys were literally missing the last 3 weeks. Like gone..nowhere to be found.

A week ago had Washington not be the b*tch that they are...there would be NO THREADS on the guy...keep it that way next season as well when he is getting bent over by stanford or some other bum *** pac 12 team.
Again, it is all relative.

He probably won’t give Manny the credit he deserves and you aren’t giving Mario the credit he deserves for finding a way to get 2 Conference titles in a row.

Unless he contracted COVID, flew to Washington, rented a car, drove to UW then proceeded to cough all over their football team I can’t give him any credit for backing into this year’s championship.

Unless he contracted COVID, flew to Washington, rented a car, drove to UW then proceeded to cough all over their football team I can’t give him any credit for backing into this year’s championship.
You’re looking at it from Manny Defense Mode. I don’t care how he got there. I don’t think he’s remotely a coaching savant. But he has 2 consecutive PAC titles.

He’s better than who we have. He’s a better recruiter and a better identifier of coaching and player talent and they develop guys no less than us.

No. Mike Rumph is a cane as and he could get the f*ck as well. Are there kind words of praise for Randy Shannon's accomplishments?.

Stop bringing him up...It keeps his name relevant and any time our hc opening is there my stomach gets queezy thinking of him possibly being our coach. Hope Oregon extends him through 2030 lol.

:sanford2:

too funny!

Seriously though, I think Mario is another 2-3 years at Oregon before he'll be ready to take the UM job.

Its inevitable. Give into the hate, Luke!

maxresdefault.jpg

Advertisement
Great for Cristobal, guy has really excelled in his career. Have always felt that if Manny doesn’t work out he’d be the best coach we could get from the existing pool right now. He’d come to Miami in a second, he’s always wanted the job. Got turned down in 2010 and 2015, was apparently trying to feel things out in 2018 before Blake pulled the trigger on Manny.
I’ve always felt this way too. He’s the best truly legitimate option Miami could go after.

27-47 at FIU...which was the worst team in America when he took over, but by his 5th season, had them winning the conference and their first bowl game. First two winning seasons in school history.

25-9 as the head coach of Oregon. 74% winning percentage.

FWIW - his staff at FIU had Scott Satterfield and Geoff Collins on staff...you know that, but it needs to be said. ...at FIU.
The conference he was in at FIU was downright bad...and he rather quickly probably by his second year had the best talent in conference considering s.fla 3rd and 4th tier players were better than anything those other schools were getting. I know as i was in college at the same time at FAU. FAU never recruited as well as he did...and owned him.

He has the best talent in the Pac 12 by far. He lost to two teams that were terrible THIS SEASON alone.

You said the results are the results. lol i gve you his w-l record bro

Satterfield and Collins coached at FIU a combined 3 years. 1 for collins and 2 for satterfield. Satterfield is an app state guy through n through.

BS on #1. Competent coaching with solid and level recruiting and we win the Coastal just about every year. From there we have a chance to beat Clemson in a championship game. This is a self-inflicted gunshot wound. After being fired our former HCs have been tearing it up. 15 years of embarrassing OC and DC hires? How is Patrick Nix, Tim Walton, Rich Olson, Jed Fisch, James Coley, Mark D'Onofrio and Dan Enos doing these days as coordinators? Only guys with coordinator jobs are Mark Whipple destine to be fired yet again and Randy Shannon at UCF.
As for #2, Urban Meyer won big everywhere he went. We would be national contenders within 3 years if he was the HC. You don't think SF kids would want to play for him?

My pt was that this place only attracts unproven & mediocre coaches. What capable HC that's worth his weight would even touch this job with a ten ft pole? You just named coaches in the past 15 yrs, who failed even worse after leaving MIA, but the truth is you can say the same thing about the coaches that won @ MIA too. Once upon a time this place empowered coaches to become the best version of themselves. Thats no longer the case. He would never take this job to begin with, but you're fooling yourself if you think Urban would be able to replicate the success of his previous stops @ MIA. The same goes for Mullen & Cristobal too. The programs they are currently at allows them to be the best they can be. What was Cristobal's record @ FIU? You think his experience with Saban made him that much better? And if so why hasn't it had a similar effect on his other assistants?

Advertisement
nah, brother, I'm not ignoring anything. He's got bad losses. Most of everyone's heroes here do.

But at the end of the day, he's still got multiple conference championships, produces very good staffs, puts players into the NFL, and recruits at an elite level. He's a pretty poor gameday coach...he's flawed, I'm not saying he's the second coming, but he gets **** on for no reason here.

Mario is a 73% winner at Oregon. Campbell a 54% winner at Iowa State. Mario winning 73% is on par with like Paul Chryst at Wisconsin, better than Mike Gundy at Oklahoma State, better than David Shaw at Stanford, on par with Brian Kelly at Notre Dame. That is pretty good company, man.
Add his fiu record to that percentage too homie. You trying too hard..im out lol

The conference he was in at FIU was downright bad...and he rather quickly probably by his second year had the best talent in conference considering s.fla 3rd and 4th tier players were better than anything those other schools were getting. I know as i was in college at the same time at FAU. FAU never recruited as well as he did...and owned him.

He has the best talent in the Pac 12 by far. He lost to two teams that were terrible THIS SEASON alone.

You said the results are the results. lol i gve you his w-l record bro

Satterfield and Collins coached at FIU a combined 3 years. 1 for collins and 2 for satterfield. Satterfield is an app state guy through n through.

You just talking in circles and making excuses, brother. He recruited future NFL players at Florida International University, thats not a knock on the guy...shows he's a good evaluator and recruiter. They might have had one player drafted before Mario got there...I think Antwan Barnes? Don't quote me, but it was something ridiculous like that. You got a bad take, you don't need to dig your heels in. Lets revisit next year and maybe one of these other jabronis the fanbase clamors for gets a conference title and maybe Mario gets a fourth.

The results are the results...I just gave you the context. Bad record at FIU...but FIU was one of the worst jobs in D1 at the time and took them to a conference title and bowl win. You can downplay that all you want...I think its a pretty **** good job. Matt Campbell, for example, never got Toledo over the top in the MAC, but the guy before him and after him did.

Now at Oregon, he's got a winning percentage that would slot him among the Top 20 coaches in the America. You think he's on Manny's level. Bruh, I think that's bananas and legit irrational.

You’re looking at it from Manny Defense Mode. I don’t care how he got there. I don’t think he’s remotely a coaching savant. But he has 2 consecutive PAC titles.

He’s better than who we have. He’s a better recruiter and a better identifier of coaching and player talent and they develop guys no less than us.

No I'm not.

If Clemson had to back out of the ACCCG due to COVID the last thing I'd do is somehow say we earned it, especially after that atrocious showing.

Advertisement
No I'm not.

If Clemson had to back out of the ACCCG due to COVID the last thing I'd do is somehow say we earned it, especially after that atrocious showing.
I’m not saying Oregon “earned” getting into the game but they got there and made the most of it coming away with the title (2 years straight). We had a chance to lock up the Orange Bowl and got obliterated at home by an old coot.

You just talking in circles and making excuses, brother. He recruited future NFL players at Florida International University, thats not a knock on the guy...shows he's a good evaluator and recruiter. They might have had one player drafted before Mario got there...I think Antwan Barnes? Don't quote me, but it was something ridiculous like that. You got a bad take, you don't need to dig your heels in. Lets revisit next year and maybe one of these other jabronis the fanbase clamors for gets a conference title and maybe Mario gets a fourth.

The results are the results...I just gave you the context. Bad record at FIU...but FIU was one of the worst jobs in D1 at the time and took them to a conference title and bowl win. You can downplay that all you want...I think its a pretty **** good job. Matt Campbell, for example, never got Toledo over the top in the MAC, but the guy before him and after him did.

Now at Oregon, he's got a winning percentage that would slot him among the Top 20 coaches in the America. You think he's on Manny's level. Bruh, I think that's bananas and legit irrational.
They had 1 player drafted before he got there becuase the program started in like 2000. They were being coached by Don Strock who really was just in a kush job. FIU in no way shape or form is one of the worst jobs in d1...essentially because they are in MIAMI. Just like us...any competent coach can and will win there because 4th tier florida kids are typically better than the rest of the teams in their conferences.

You said the results are the results but take out his win percentage at fiu, downplay other teams situations/ and ceilings and comparisons to him because it doesnt fit your narrative and your taling about digging your heels in.

At what point will he stop losing to sh*tty programs at the best school in a sh*tty conference and become even a thought about team in reference to the college football playoff?. He's been a HC for about a decade and is essentially the same guy on gamedays. Sh*t i mean in 2017 richt had us in conversations at some point. Lol @ you putting down Matt Campbell for what he did at Toledo. I would take that guy over Mario here honestly. Mario is at the best place he can be coaching wise honestly. He should ride it out there.

I’m not saying Oregon “earned” getting into the game but they got there and made the most of it coming away with the title (2 years straight). We had a chance to lock up the Orange Bowl and got obliterated at home by an old coot.

And Mario could have earned the Rose Bowl but he lost back to back games to possibly the two worst teams in the P5.

I don’t think Mario is some amazing coach. He probably would fail here without boosters buying kids and paltry entrance standards like Oregon (a true moron school) has.

BUT

He’s far better than the charlatan non football player mayors son we have running the program now. Mario is recruiting at Oregon a better class than what Manny is at Miami, a place with maybe 20x the talent.

Advertisement
Back