Cristobal does his thing

It’brought back a bad memory of Brattons horrific knee injury —- period. There’s no true or false to someone having a bad memory of something.

You are correct, I meant to apply the quote to the post you had quoted. My apologies.

Advertisement
if you are number 1 or 2 at your position and you return for your senior season, you have bad advisors. 1 year less in college means +1 yr in the pros IF you are a top talent. Could be a loss of $5-8m depending on how QB contracts go in the next ten yrs. In fact, with more guaranteed money being awarded to players of that position, this could cost him MUCH more...

Oregon will have four losses next year:

at Stanford
at Washington
and two of: at USC, at Ariz. st., Wazzu, or Arizona.

Cristobal can recruit, he can't coach.
Might not, if he can amass talent they shouldnt lose to pac 12 bumbs....the talent is young though the elite talent so they need time to grow so the losses are possible. But if he stacks (multiple elite classes cause one wont do it) like Kirby did he will win

Advertisement
You are correct, I meant to apply the quote to the post you had quoted. My apologies.

No worries.
Sometimes the written words can be misunderstood, which I have certainly done before and will assuredly do again.
Thanks for your response, appreciate it.

Advertisement
Why so much hate for Mario? The guy is a cane and is doing and will do a great job.

I just separate the player the Cane vs the coach the Cane. Same has applied to Radio and will apply to Rick.

As far as his doing a "great" job in the present tense, he IS an A+ recruiter in the right situation but also IS a C- (and that's generous because he personally cost them a game) gameday coach. I just think that's going to be exacerbated by the expectations that'll accompany Herbert coming back next year too.

Mario is a good coach and he is getting into the swing of things at Oregon. Mario left UM because JJ told him he would be a fool not to go to bama to learn from Saban. Mario is a winner and will only get better.

Mario is a good coach and he is getting into the swing of things at Oregon. Mario left UM because JJ told him he would be a fool not to go to bama to learn from Saban. Mario is a winner and will only get better.

He's 17 games under .500 as a head coach and I don't know where you're getting your info but I highly doubt that Jaquan Johnson advised him to go to Bama!

Advertisement
First overall money is good, but not as good as 10 years ago. The second contract is where it’s at for qbs in the pros. With another year in school this guy will learn more and have a better shot at that big second payday imo.

Might not, if he can amass talent they shouldnt lose to pac 12 bumbs....the talent is young though the elite talent so they need time to grow so the losses are possible. But if he stacks (multiple elite classes cause one wont do it) like Kirby did he will win

You think he's a good head coach?

Advertisement
Just a reminder- Herbert was a 3 star qb identified and recruited by Mark Helfrich.

Most important number in evaluating a qb prospect? Accuracy. Herbert's completion percentage in HS? 65.8% No qb on our roster completed above 62% in HS.

Last edited:
Mario Cristobal is a "winner" at 17 games below .500. CristobalCane actually wrote that. If that isn't the most asinine **** ever. He's got the 112th worst winning percentage of all active head coaches.

You think he's a good head coach?
If he amasses elite top 5 classes 3 years in a row he will body that conference, he may not be an x and o guy but I dont believe saban or kirby are x and o guys there just super elite recruiters and that has shown that can win at the college level.

Herbert could end up being the next Jake Locker with this decision.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back