Cristobal and perception

We really don’t know how long this season is going to be .

A MSU home thrashing is coming, we are incapable of 4 quarters of competitive football we haven’t done this in awhile.

MSU will blitz non stop, there smart enough to do so I WOULD NONE STOP.

Brothers it’s not good and won’t be fixed this year between games .

SPEECHLESS STILL SPITTING UP KOOLAIDE

Advertisement
So Chip won more and did better at Oregon with less talent than Mario?

Hey, hey….if it’s not the resident Manny Slurper & Cuban conspiracy theorist Puertorricane. Nice to see u; must be feeling good after Manny pulled out that two point win against mighty App St, huh?

Per usual, U’re off topic in an attempt to discredit Mario. So to get u back on topic, what we’re discussing is the asinine notion that Mario is recruiting better at Oregon b/c of Nike $, when in fact, Oregon has always had Nike $, yet for some odd reason, his predecessors haven’t recruited at a higher level w/ said $.

But, I’ll humor u b/c I’m in a good mood. U know the difference between Chip becoming HC at Oregon vs Mario becoming head coach? Well, In the 3 yrs prior to Chip becoming the HC, Oregon was 26 - 13. What about Mario? Oregon was 20 - 18. So one coach took over from a guy in Mike Belotti (CFB Hall of Famer) who already created a new culture at Oregon & took it to a new level, while another guy took over a culture that had waned under Mark Helfrich (Currently unemployed) & Willie Taggart (Ring, Ring, Ring…is that Mickey Mouse calling). Yet, Oregon went right back to winning Pac-12 titles & NY6 bowl bids immediately.

Anything else u would like to discuss?

Last edited:
Question for the board, so Oregon beats OSU on the road and everyone is crowning Cristobal. However, the week before they barely beat Fresno State at home 31-24. Thoughts on this? I know a lot of people would take Cristobal here in a heartbeat (including me), but you know this board would have been killing him for that week 1 score.
He is a former player, trained under Sabag, better talent evaluator, developer, staff builder, schemer and coach than the naive Diaz.

former players see butch in Mario. fans dont get that. I'm not in love with Mario but at this point....

I’m not either; but what I don’t get is trying to discredit what he’s done to turn around Oregon as a means to justify why Manny is the man, and should be given a chance. Literally had dudes praying that our arch nemesis, OSU, beat Mario just to be right. That’s ridiculous to me. Personally, I’m all in on the dude from Coastal Carolina, Jamey Chadwell.

He’s young (44) and he’s moved up the ranks doing well at every stop. He’s taken over poor programs & won.

Started w/ D2 North Greenville. Started 2-8, improved every season, finishing 20-6.

Went on to FCS Charleston Southern & went 35-14.

Now he’s moved to the G5 level at CC. Started 3-9, improved every season & is now 18-8.

His only stop where he didn’t improve was Delta State, which he was only there one season.

I want him or Freeze. Those r my top two choices IF Diaz doesn’t pan out.

Advertisement
Question for the board, so Oregon beats OSU on the road and everyone is crowning Cristobal. However, the week before they barely beat Fresno State at home 31-24. Thoughts on this? I know a lot of people would take Cristobal here in a heartbeat (including me), but you know this board would have been killing him for that week 1 score.
hes bringing in top 5 classes though, they will start winning by mistake just cause of that alone

He is a former player, trained under Sabag, better talent evaluator, developer, staff builder, schemer and coach than the naive Diaz.

Schiano is a former player, trained under Meyer and Butch, is a better talent evaluator, developer, staff builder, schemer, and coach than Diaz, more experienced than Cristobal AND would be cheaper than Cristobal. He also was a NFL HC and guess who used to work for him- Mario Cristobal. If you want Mario, why not go with the more accomplished, less expensive option?*

*not an endorsement for Schiano or a dig at Mario, I just don't think fans would be nearly as excited if news broke that Miami was going to pay tens of millions to buy out Schianos contract from Rutgers even though you would essentially be getting a coach that is very similar to Cristobal.

Last edited:
Advertisement
yeah....but outside of all THAT....

AT7pmxlCtpJPaSyZdzp03Jq1qWq7V3IhnMJeigOLWz_Pq9GMSznYQB4EH5f20DkE39AGUOwdMzdlKJooQTj4nvQZEcuPk-SW5sXH4np3aFWyGY-_iHhRgBzuHrBUOg

I always see ignorant comments about " Nike money" here , how about go and looking at their recruiting classes pre Mario and after he arrived and get back with me. The people hating on Mario are a lot of the same people defending manny lol. Weird,a guy that's actually building a good program with an identity and great recruiting offends y'all lol. I get it.

But, but, but, he sucked at FIU...did I do that right?

Advertisement
I don't disagree with you. I am just giving you the scenario that is what the program is and always has been. we will never fully go all in like the bigger programs do from a financial perspective. its why were never in the convo for the best up and comer or even the best p5 guy. **** even a dude like mullen who is a good coach but a meh recruiter got 6+ plus to go to UF and he was their third choice after Kelly and frost.
And we turned Mullin down twice. That is how stupid we are in retrospect. He would have done a **** of a lot better than Fat Al and Mini Me.

The money that you have to throw at Cristobal to come is way too high. If he doesn't pan out we are looking at a Taggert situation in our hands.
I would like to go for a guy like Napier or Fickell to come in.
I would give Tom Herman a look too. The man did really good things at Houston, and I know his time in Texas wasn't great, but he kept those games competitive. It could be that Texas just wasn't the right place for him.

Please stop saying this. We have a booster who will pay the money.

Advertisement
Please stop saying this. We have a booster who will pay the money.

I didn't know it was like that. I just want to win at the end of the day, friend. If people that know more than me say, Mario is that guy, then I'm all for it. Just hope Blake isn't the one calling the shots if it comes down to it.

Advertisement
Back