Cristobal and perception

It seems like Miami has had Cristobal as a backup option if Manny fails, but that would change very quickly if USC makes him their top target. If he goes to USC, he’s off the table for at least 3 more years and possibly for good.

If Mario goes to SC, its a wrap!! He aint ever coming to Miami. He will be sitting pretty as he can just sit back and recruit SoCal.
SC is basically how Miami fans feel about the Canes in LA. The kids prefer to stay home and play for SC not UCLA if they some how can turn things around.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If Mario goes to SC, its a wrap!! He aint ever coming to Miami. He will be sitting pretty as he can just sit back and recruit SoCal.

Good. So maybe Miami fans will finally stop talking about hiring Cristobal in every thread. If you want really Cristobal but at a much cheaper price, go get Greg Schiano. Will get the same results.

Advertisement
5mvi84.jpg

Advertisement
Whoever proposed his name is just randomly naming coaches. Might as well say that Lou Holtz is a leading candidate. Why would he leave Oregon for USC, he already gets all the recruits he wants from SoCal, he has a billionaire benefactor who doesn't pressure him, and doesn't have to rebuild a roster again. Does Feldman realize Cristobal is Cuban and not Mexican? Maybe he thinks Cristobal could be lured away by his love for tacos.

Tomato, tomatillo...aren't Cubans and Mexicans the same? Oh, they're not?

I don't think Cristobal ends up at USC...

It seems like Miami has had Cristobal as a backup option if Manny fails, but that would change very quickly if USC makes him their top target. If he goes to USC, he’s off the table for at least 3 more years and possibly for good.

Miami does not hire sought after coaches. When will you learn?

Advertisement
Watch out for Urban Meyer and I'm not joking. He's gonna retire from the Jags.

Not surprised at all. College and the NFL are two different animals. Guys like Saban and Urban don’t fit in bc they demand respect. You are surrounded by grown men now, you gotta earn it. Those dudes aren’t gonna take kindly to that same kind of coaching.

The nonsense in the threads i see is why some of you are slurping Diaz. I don't care how much money Oregon has they are not a bigger draw than USC. Good coaches know if they get that thing humming they have a chance to go toe to toe with Bama. Thats real coaches mindset. Not losers who think they need a nice video game room to convince kids to come on a visit. Same thing goes for Miami except its more unique and style fit is critical.

Advertisement
Why is USC better than Oregon right now? Just history? I don't really see it. Why leave a good thing for a potentially good thing. He can win a national championship at Oregon with the same path as USC.

Statement from USC's AD:

"As I committed to upon my arrival at USC, during the past two off-seasons we provided every resource necessary for our football program to compete for championships," Bohn said in a statement announcing the dismissal. "The added resources carried significantly increased expectations for our team's performance, and it is already evident that, despite the enhancements, those expectations would not be met without a change in leadership."

Not surprised at all. College and the NFL are two different animals. Guys like Saban and Urban don’t fit in bc they demand respect. You are surrounded by grown men now, you gotta earn it. Those dudes aren’t gonna take kindly to that same kind of coaching.

fine. But ONE game in?!?!

Advertisement
Back