Cristobal and perception

I didn't know it was like that. I just want to win at the end of the day, friend. If people that know more than me say, Mario is that guy, then I'm all for it. Just hope Blake isn't the one calling the shots if it comes down to it.
They have to be tied at the hip. If Diaz goes, then James is gone. On a side note, the basketball program is really jelling. Hey at least women's soccer won a couple this year after scoring 3 goals last year. James is running a non-competitive athletic department.

Advertisement
James should be let go ASAP. Our 3 major sports suck right now.
Son of Mr. Tomato isn't going anywhere. Maybe pops can spend some money on real assistants. Not like women's soccer is thriving nor one and done women's basketball. Hey, VB looks pretty good so we have that going for us.

I didn't know it was like that. I just want to win at the end of the day, friend. If people that know more than me say, Mario is that guy, then I'm all for it. Just hope Blake isn't the one calling the shots if it comes down to it.

It's no problem, man, I ain't mad at ya. I'm just pointing out that the Mario situation is not necessarily constrained by the budget.

Everything depends on who the AD is at the time a decision is made. Beta Blake has already shown that his ego will not allow him to accept such an offer to fund Mario's salary. So we have to get Beta Blake fired too.

Cristobal is not coming here you fùcking simpletons. Jfc! Are you mother****ers living in reality?

Advertisement
Define flop? LoL

W-L record inferior to his MSU results, even with UM talent.

This has nothing to do with a UM fan not liking a UiF coach. Have you even bothered to read what Gaytors fans say? THEY JUST TOOK A 0-STAR OFFENSIVE LINEMAN RECRUIT. If you thought Golden's allegiance to D'Onofrio was bad, or Richt's to his son, Mullet's loyalty to Hevesy is even worse.

I wipe my **** with your LoL's. Deal with reality. Mullet is a stubborn, arrogant coach who has been able to sign some Florida talent to...the Florida flagship university...but he is NOT a good coach or steward of a program.

Please stop saying this. We have a booster who will pay the money.

Underrated point…powers that be will be motivated to financially support Mario. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the factors that motivates them to get rid of Manny is if they already know Mario is willing to come.

Advertisement
Advertisement

It seems like Miami has had Cristobal as a backup option if Manny fails, but that would change very quickly if USC makes him their top target. If he goes to USC, he’s off the table for at least 3 more years and possibly for good.

Whoever proposed his name is just randomly naming coaches. Might as well say that Lou Holtz is a leading candidate. Why would he leave Oregon for USC, he already gets all the recruits he wants from SoCal, he has a billionaire benefactor who doesn't pressure him, and doesn't have to rebuild a roster again. Does Feldman realize Cristobal is Cuban and not Mexican? Maybe he thinks Cristobal could be lured away by his love for tacos.

I’m not either; but what I don’t get is trying to discredit what he’s done to turn around Oregon as a means to justify why Manny is the man, and should be given a chance. Literally had dudes praying that our arch nemesis, OSU, beat Mario just to be right. That’s ridiculous to me. Personally, I’m all in on the dude from Coastal Carolina, Jamey Chadwell.

He’s young (44) and he’s moved up the ranks doing well at every stop. He’s taken over poor programs & won.

Started w/ D2 North Greenville. Started 2-8, improved every season, finishing 20-6.

Went on to FCS Charleston Southern & went 35-14.

Now he’s moved to the G5 level at CC. Started 3-9, improved every season & is now 18-8.

His only stop where he didn’t improve was Delta State, which he was only there one season.

I want him or Freeze. Those r my top two choices IF Diaz doesn’t pan out.
I am a big fan of Jamey Chadwell. My only concern would be the staff. Would he bring his guys from CC, or only some key guys and hire the rest? I think a staff without any major college experience (sorry to CC fans) is a legitimate question. I also don't think it a deal breaker either. As you say, he has improved programs every step up the ladder.

You hear him speak, and you just think he gets it without putting on an act, like you did Golden or do with Manny.

Freeze would bring seasons of $EC experience, without being burned out like Richt. I don't think this guarantees success either. As far as his baggage, you'd have to speak to the man, get his perspective of then and now, and use your instincts to evaluate the risk.

And... as fellow Angeleno you'll appreciate this...the LA sports radio shows are full of callers saying USC should hire Mario away from Oregon. Because, you know, 'We Are SC'.

Advertisement
My reality is he’s 27-10 at Oregon, won two conference titles , won a rose bowl ,took over and instantly made them physical as **** , has them playing with an edge ,and recruits like a dog. Like I said that’s reality , not perception.
This!

Advertisement
Back