Cristobal AD search news

Advertisement
Ok you convinced me. What would a guy who coaches at Oregon know about the Miami program, South Florida kids, and what it takes to win down here?

Crossing Cristobal off my list.
No, you convinced me. Let's just throw 10 mil a year at him and hope for the best.

I saw the AD candidate list. It seriously sucks I hope they are aiming higher than that. If not walk away because this school still won’t spend the money to win.

Advertisement
I just spent some time on the Oregon 247 message boards. A few things:

1. They LOVE Mario. They praise the depth on the roster, the toughness & discipline of the team, his integrity & work ethic... basically everything about him.

2. Not 1 person on their boards thinks he is leaving for Miami (or anywhere else). A few points they made towards this: supposedly he is moving his mother to Eugene after the season; supposedly his wife doesn't want to raise the kids in Miami; he would be the first coach to win a natty at Oregon, whereas he would be just the latest at Miami; it would be a complete rebuild, while he has the roster in place there to compete in the next few years; facilities could never match theirs; loyalty for giving him the HC job after FIU let him go; Miami will always be there for him if and when he wants it (their mod said this).

3. They said there is a guy that now writes for scoop duck (on3 Oregon site), that used to post on the 247 oregon board under the handle MiamiDuck or Jhop. Supposedly he played with Mario, and he had scoops on Mario being contacted by Auburn last year and a few other things. This guy says Mario isn't leaving, and they are all confident that when this guy speaks, he is correct. @SWFLHurricane any guesses who this is?

TIFWIW

I call BS on the guy playing with Mario.

Advertisement
Why did you have a friend tracking flights you psychopath?
In group chat one guy is a air traffic controller and another buddy likes doing it. Talking about firing and Mario being first choice and I told the one to start tracking flights. He said there was a private jet that came down. Few days later a buddy passed the info that Mario was here cause of the surgery with his mom.

We got UM folks who swear that wifey wants back in Miami and we got UO people saying wifey doesn’t want to go back to Miami.

#TheBattleOfTheSauces

Either way, one fan base is going to look real foolish when this settles lol. I can’t wait.

Advertisement
I just spent some time on the Oregon 247 message boards. A few things:

1. They LOVE Mario. They praise the depth on the roster, the toughness & discipline of the team, his integrity & work ethic... basically everything about him.

2. Not 1 person on their boards thinks he is leaving for Miami (or anywhere else). A few points they made towards this: supposedly he is moving his mother to Eugene after the season; supposedly his wife doesn't want to raise the kids in Miami; he would be the first coach to win a natty at Oregon, whereas he would be just the latest at Miami; it would be a complete rebuild, while he has the roster in place there to compete in the next few years; facilities could never match theirs; loyalty for giving him the HC job after FIU let him go; Miami will always be there for him if and when he wants it (their mod said this).

3. They said there is a guy that now writes for scoop duck (on3 Oregon site), that used to post on the 247 oregon board under the handle MiamiDuck or Jhop. Supposedly he played with Mario, and he had scoops on Mario being contacted by Auburn last year and a few other things. This guy says Mario isn't leaving, and they are all confident that when this guy speaks, he is correct. @SWFLHurricane any guesses who this is?

TIFWIW
You know you live in a hellscape when all you can hang your hat on is facilities.

Whoopty-doo you have an indoor slide. You have to recruit all of your players from out of state.

We got UM folks who swear that wifey wants back in Miami and we got UO people saying wifey doesn’t want to go back to Miami.

#TheBattleOfTheSauces

Either way, one fan base is going to look real foolish when this settles lol. I can’t wait.

There was an interview posted in one of the threads yesterday afternoon where Mario was explaining how he broke the news to his mom, a "little Cuban lady", that he was moving to Oregon. Yeah, I wouldn't want to be too invested in Mario as my future if I were an Oregon fan right now.

Advertisement
There was an interview posted in one of the threads yesterday afternoon where Mario was explaining how he broke the news to his mom, a "little Cuban lady", that he was moving to Oregon. Yeah, I wouldn't want to be too invested in Mario as my future if I were an Oregon fan right now.
There's no place like home...

D- deflection effort away from the fact that you tried to make the point that Mario f'ing Cristobal wouldn't understand what it takes to win at Miami.
Wasn't he the head coach at another school down in Miami not so long ago? How the **** did that turn out? He's not the best man for the job, in my opinion. I'd take several coaches before him.

Advertisement
Back