Cristobal AD search news

Wasn't he the head coach at another school down in Miami not so long ago? How the **** did that turn out? He's not the best man for the job, in my opinion. I'd take several coaches before him.
Fuck Outta Here No Way GIF by Desus & Mero

Advertisement
Not doing a complete search and putting all your eggs in to Mario is the exact scenario how we got Manny
No, it's not. An incompetent AD is the primary reason we hired Manny. But yea, you do the search-firm for optics and additional confirmation about your predetermined conclusion.

Mario will end up on every school's list of candidates based on his career-trajectory and success. JJ, Butch, Schiano, Saban; national championships, SEC and Pac12 titles; all pros and hall of famers; Mario has been around fixer-uppers, full renovations, and the imperial palaces of CFB. It's not that complicated if the institution wants to provide a supportive system and commit the financial resources.

Mario represents the best of what it means to be a Miami Hurricane and never brought shame on himself or the program.

Now...

Money Man GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
There was an interview posted in one of the threads yesterday afternoon where Mario was explaining how he broke the news to his mom, a "little Cuban lady", that he was moving to Oregon. Yeah, I wouldn't want to be too invested in Mario as my future if I were an Oregon fan right now.
That was the funniest and most accurate thing I’ve ever seen. Mario is a true Cuban. Not that fake silver spoon crap manure is

Wasn't he the head coach at another school down in Miami not so long ago? How the **** did that turn out? He's not the best man for the job, in my opinion. I'd take several coaches before him.

Actually... that was quite long ago. And he did well there under terrible circumstances. Garcia's idiocy notwithstanding.

I have respect for one's right to their own opinion, but your opinion seems to be based on an exceptional level of ridiculousness, twisting, deflection, and goalpost moving. You are trying to point at what he did at FIU (which wasn't bad) over a decade ago when there is literally major CFP level real-time success happening as I type this. You do know you learn, develop and get better at your job over time, right?

Again, you literally tried to contend that Mario f'ing Cristobal wouldn't understand what it takes to win at Miami. I don't think anyone is going to let that go. Be better.

Good morning. Can someone summarize what we are arguing about today that has no impact on what we will get?

Advertisement
LOL. This is so message board. Now the attorney is suddenly in a scam because his company is being acquired by a SPAC? You realize almost every major VC, PE, and hedge fund are involved in SPAC's, right?
It would make him what the 7th richest person or something⌚️? Yes I’ll be skeptical of miami businessmen doing business considering what Miami is and how the area functions,

Actually... that was quite long ago. And he did well there under terrible circumstances. Garcia's idiocy notwithstanding.

I have respect for one's right to their own opinion, but your opinion seems to be based on an exceptional level of ridiculousness, twisting, deflection, and goalpost moving. You are trying to point at what he did at FIU (which wasn't bad) over a decade ago when there is literally major CFP level real-time success happening as I type this. You do know you learn, develop and get better at your job over time, right?

Again, you literally tried to contend that Mario f'ing Cristobal wouldn't understand what it takes to win at Miami. I don't think anyone is going to let that go. Be better.
Just saying, I don't think he's as good as you think he is. We'll just agree to disagree.

Advertisement
Nah, I think I'll stay.

Listen, Mario is indeed an upgrade over Diaz, but I am not convinced he is the best man for the job. Oregon is a paper tiger, and we have fans openly rooting for him to lose this weekend so we can hire him. Yet I am the one that needs to get out? You're funny.

Just saying, I don't think he's as good as you think he is. We'll just agree to disagree.

I think he is exactly what he is on paper. A guy who won 12 games and the Rose Bowl the last time CFB completed a full season, a guy who had the #3 recruiting class last year and will have his 4th straight top 8 class+ come February, and a guy who beat #3 OSU on the road ending their four year home win streak, and a guy who has his team in place to make the CFP as I type this.

I am not projecting or offering opinion. You are, to the downside.

If you ask my opinion (and yes, I know no one has) but along with the some of the outstanding lyrical savants on this board, I will say, "I think Mario, if he chooses to come to Miami, could be what Howard, Jimmy or Butch could have become if they had chosen to stay".
Peace Out Love GIF

Advertisement
That's FIU no one's fixing that so to me that doesn't count. It's common sense to know anyone with a brain knows it's FIU Saban can't win there.

All I know is the top teams right now are OU OSU Bama UGA......3 of those teams recruit elite talent....one is a play all special......OU doesn't win a thing ever. I want the UGA Bama formula I want to be dominant.

U could also argue Mullen is an Offensive genius. Everyone says win and they will come but bs no one goes to UF and that's why he may be out. He had successful years at UF and now look they have gotten no where and been burried because of recruiting.

That's FIU no one's fixing that so to me that doesn't count. It's common sense to know anyone with a brain knows it's FIU Saban can't win there.

All I know is the top teams right now are OU OSU Bama UGA......3 of those teams recruit elite talent....one is a play all special......OU doesn't win a thing ever. I want the UGA Bama formula I want to be dominant.

U could also argue Mullen is an Offensive genius. Everyone says win and they will come but bs no one goes to UF and that's why he may be out. He had successful years at UF and now look they have gotten no where and been burried because of recruiting.
I'm not completely against Mario, but I'm not worshipping at his altar either. We have fans on here hoping he loses to Utah, so we can scoop up the coach that lost to Utah. That's how stupid some people are here. When those stupids say stupid crap like that, it doesn't exactly make me want to jump on board the ships of fools.

There is no doubt in my mind he's a better coach than Diaz, and it's not even close. Maybe that's all we need here to win at a high level. I wouldn't hate the hire, but no matter what he's done elsewhere, I need to see him do it here before crowning him. Same goes for any coach we hire.

Here's hoping for the best.

I'm not completely against Mario, but I'm not worshipping at his altar either. We have fans on here hoping he loses to Utah, so we can scoop up the coach that lost to Utah. That's how stupid some people are here. When those stupids say stupid crap like that, it doesn't exactly make me want to jump on board the ships of fools.

There is no doubt in my mind he's a better coach than Diaz, and it's not even close. Maybe that's all we need here to win at a high level. I wouldn't hate the hire, but no matter what he's done elsewhere, I need to see him do it here before crowning him. Same goes for any coach we hire.

Here's hoping for the best.
Win or lose if we want him and pony up we get him, unless they win a natty but they wont. SEC ceiling higher than Oregons.....at UM we have proof our ceiling is higher than the SEC at our best.

Replace ‘interview‘ with ‘negotiate’ and everyone gets along.

And, the NFL is different animal as rarely is an employed NFL HC hired away from another team. HCs are pulled from the pool of fired coaches, maybe retired coaches, from the pool of coordinators/assistants, and occasionally college HCs.
Agree. The conversation goes both ways. A smart candidate or so-called dream coach will need to ask direct questions to get clarifying answers for any concerns that they have. They will want to layout their expectations and get as many guarantees up front as possible. You can believe Mario will have his questions, and this is can be done over time through multiple conversations, if needed.

Advertisement
Back