Cribby, D$, LCE, anyone -- what CBs are we recruiting?

And i too want all DBs to tackle. If you don't tackle in the NFL, you don't keep your job....unless your name is Deion Sanders. College should be no different and kids who want an NFL job need to have that drilled into their heads.

But Manny and Co are taking it way too far to the extreme here. Who gives a rats *** if a kid is an elite tackler if he can't cover. You need cover guys first. If Manny/Baker's LBs and Banda's safeties can't tackle, does it really matter if your CBs can? No. Not one bit. Stop being a stubborn mule on the trail only thinking 3% of all CBs nationwide can play in your system, stop playing so much useless prevent zone scaring away the top press cover kids and fix your tackling issues in-house.

Two problems with this comment...

1. It shows you're a Miami Hurricane fan.

2. It shows you're a Miami Hurricane fan more than a Manny Diaz fan. Because on this board he can't do any wrong. Its everybody fault, but his. Mismanaged LBs, Mismanaged CBs, and has kids literally going to Michigan to play Football... Nobody says a word. Let the Freshman LB that went to Maryland walk right out of the front door last Season. Nobody said a word.

Advertisement
I’ll just say it’s not as risky as you think , we’ll revisit this down the road.
Of course, we’re greedy and on a two week bye, so we’re going to pester you for more intel.....lol.

You see some former SFL CB targets from past cycles opening it back up?

I don’t see how a kid like Dent doesn’t.

2. It shows you're a Miami Hurricane fan more than a Manny Diaz fan. Because on this board he can't do any wrong. Its everybody fault, but his. Mismanaged LBs, Mismanaged CBs, and has kids literally going to Michigan to play Football... Nobody says a word. Let the Freshman LB that went to Maryland walk right out of the front door last Season. Nobody said a word.
Manny and his defense get trashed on here daily. You must not be able to read or just like being a dramatic bit ch.

lmao.

Advertisement
Manny and his defense get trashed on here daily. You must not be able to read or just like being a dramatic bit ch.

No it gets trashed, but the position coach is blamed. Rumph, Rumph, and more Rumph. I doubt Rumph is telling his CBs to play prevent defense. They were Physical in High School. The system needs to be thrown out period. Manny is the problem.

He thinks his scheme doesn't need good cover CBs because his D-Line will consistently get pressure and his Safeties will protect the deep ball. All Manny cares about is DL, Safety and Striker
This is such an insane way of thinking for any coach. No matter what your scheme is you should want --

1. Depth.
2. THE BEST PLAYERS AVAILABLE!

It doesn't matter if I'm running a Wing T offense, I still want the best WR's on my team. If I'm running a 3-4 or 4-3, I want the best DE's, DT's, and LB's.

You recruit every position and aim to get the best available -- and given that this is South Florida there are plenty -- where you can.

I wish Manny was Black so we could fire him already because that's probably all it would take. Nobody would be making excuses for our Corners playing 10yrs back. Nobody would be making excuses that in 5yrs we still can't set the edge. Nobody would be making excuses about our LB core, Nobody would be making excuses how Manny says "I wish we had 3 Couch's on the field" when dude literally let all the Corners who play just like Couch leave SFL. I'm sick and tired of dude already. Fire him.

He's scared of Dabo The B**ch who use the same game plan everytime on him. Take the underneath and that results in our Defense barely getting off the field... Us getting killed by 20 or more.

I wish Manny was Black so we could fire him already because that's probably all it would take. Nobody would be making excuses for our Corners playing 10yrs back. Nobody would be making excuses that in 5yrs we still can't set the edge. Nobody would be making excuses about our LB core, Nobody would be making excuses how Manny says "I wish we had 3 Couch's on the field" when dude literally let all the Corners who play just like Couch leave SFL. I'm sick and tired of dude already. Fire him.

He's scared of Dabo The B**ch who use the same game plan everytime on him. Take the underneath and that results in our Defense barely getting off the field... Us getting killed by 20 or more.
Can we get this POS banned?

Advertisement
M

Manny gets trashed on here for all of that, repeatedly lol......

This is such an insane way of thinking for any coach. No matter what your scheme is you should want --

1. Depth.
2. THE BEST PLAYERS AVAILABLE!

It doesn't matter if I'm running a Wing T offense, I still want the best WR's on my team. If I'm running a 3-4 or 4-3, I want the best DE's, DT's, and LB's.

You recruit every position and aim to get the best available -- and given that this is South Florida there are plenty -- where you can.
Yup it's crazy

They're trying to sell Terrion Arnold on playing CB here, while he's being recruited to play Safety by all the SEC schools, slim chance to none there. He's either going to UF, UGA or Bama, UF with the lead right now.

Markevious Brown is the one we have the best shot with, but we're battling it out with T-Buck at Ole Miss, so we'll see.

They've doubled back around & tried pick back up contact with Damarius McGhee, too little too late.

Basically, it's Brown or Portal. That's what our CB recruiting is, either swing for the fences or hope & pray we stumble across someone in the Portal. Manny don't give AF about CB recruiting.

Oh, and don't trick yourselves into thinking 2022 will be any different at CB, because I can assure it won't.
Focus on his defense is evident in how he recruits.

Advertisement
It's so apparent Manny's lack of prioritization of CBs. Maybe he's got Jobe, TC, Surtain, Asante PTSD. Just doesn't make sense to me that a defensive-minded coach wouldn't covet elite CBs. After DL, CB is the second most important position on the Defense. You want to create havoc upfront of course, but you just as much need to protect the backend from getting torched by long pass plays. Especially in today's pass happy college football world.

All the elite teams can point to good CB play. Not even debatable. My guess is Manny thinks he can find another Adrian Colbert(son) from the portal...

This is why a strong DC is so badly needed, because he will definitely prioritize CBs.
Imo, CB >>> DL.

Other than that, I agree 100%.

Sheesh here you are again. Love to post 247 like its the Bible and then won't acknowledge the "2" recruits for THIS year for manny are james Williams and Thad. This is what YOU posted lmao

Also how do you feel about Troutman? Fourth round NFL lbs are trash?

Man hopefully we're not banking on portal players already playing on a team but secretly telling us they are leaving after the season. Sounds like a good way to end up with a lingard at cb.

Advertisement
I’m talking portal in response to a statement about portal cb
Of course, we’re greedy and on a two week bye, so we’re going to pester you for more intel.....lol.

You see some former SFL CB targets from past cycles opening it back up?

I don’t see how a kid like Dent doesn’t.

There's a Tecoury Couch in EVERY class in south florida. Matter of fact its usually a few of them from dade to palm beach that they look over lol
But they didn't fit our size requirements, lol. I realize you don't want to take every recruit at 150 lbs, but we pass on too many dogs.

Advertisement
Back