Coaching Cowherd on USC and Miami

He makes a lot of sense, I have to admit.

Miami's four successfull HCs were all former or became NFL HCs. The three of the next four failed HCs couldn't find another HC college job (not including retired/ill Richt). Coker won a NC and almost repeated, but that was Butch's team. There was a clear decline by 2004.

Advertisement
Man I hate Pace! He’s a Dyck sucker! He’s the worst GM ever. I can’t believe he skipped over Watson & Mahomes for Trubisky! Man the whole organization needs to be burned down & rebuilt

This is what happens w/ incompetence. Not only did he skip over those aforementioned QBs, but he traded up, ONE spot, by giving up mucho rebuilding assets for said QB. The funniest thing is not one team was drafting Trashbisky that high, yet a 1st yr GM was able swindle Pace.

Oh, and then to rectify his mistakes, he gave up more assets to draft Fields to replace the QB he gave up assets for.

Pace & Blake r the two dumbest muthafckas that continue to be employed by mediocre upper mgmt.

He makes a lot of sense, I have to admit.

Miami's four successfull HCs were all former or became NFL HCs. The three of the next four failed HCs couldn't find another HC college job (not including retired/ill Richt). Coker won a NC and almost repeated, but that was Butch's team. There was a clear decline by 2004.
There was a clear decline the minute Butch's kids were gone....Amazing Huh??

Advertisement
People and there pipedreams. What I heard was Miami ami and USC we're not desirable. **** even UTexas was included. Then I come on here and here some crazy logic like it's a great landing spot. Lmao.

He can't get a QB at Michigan.

I don't know who he had at U. San Diego, but he had Andrew Luck at Stanford. 1st overall pick.
Right which is kinda crazy. I mean he’s got a great pedigree working with QBs

you would think he could recruit one

I know they got a big name kid last year but will see how that pans out

People and there pipedreams. What I heard was Miami and USC were not desirable. **** even UTexas was included. Then I come on here and here some crazy logic like it's a great landing spot. Lmao.
He didn't say they were undesireable. I heard USC/UCLA (LA) and Miami were different than colleges located in small college towns. He also said college football is big business now, and coaches who understand this (NFL coaches) could thrive at USC/UCLA/Miami.

One reason everyone says Bama is so consistently excellent over Saban's tenue is he runs the program like a business. And not just paying players.

Advertisement
Right which is kinda crazy. I mean he’s got a great pedigree working with QBs

you would think he could recruit one

I know they got a big name kid last year but will see how that pans out
You'd think, right?

Does Michigan run a variation of a spread offense, like Bama, OSU, OU? Or are they old-school pro-style? Might be one reason he's not winning, or at least not beating OSU. Same with Penn State.

You'd think, right?

Does Michigan run a variation of a spread offense, like Bama, OSU, OU? Or are they old-school pro-style? Might be one reason he's not winning, or at least not beating OSU. Same with Penn State.
I used to see all their games when I lived up that way but haven’t seen them in a couple years. Not really sure

I think Lane Kiffin would be a home run hire for us. He has plenty of head coaching experience on both the NFL and the college level. He can recruit. He is considered one of the best offensive minds in the college game. He wants to prove that he can be a big time coach and I believe we are the perfect place for him to do that and he knows it. He knows the type of recruiting ground UM has in their backyard. He has expressed interest in the job before. Kiffin knows the type of athlete that he would be able to consistently recruit here and is likely chomping at the bit thinking of the explosive offenses he could put together here. He knows that he will never win a title at Old ****. He is confident/arrogant enough to believe in his ability to lead this program to conference titles, playoff berths and a national title.

Im aware of his past but he has proven to have greatly matured over the last 10-15 years. There is still a potentially explosive/volatile element to him but that very same element could bring some much needed confidence to this locker room and could be the type of spark this program so desperately needs. No risk it.....No buscuit! Nothing ventured, nothing gained! It's time for this administration of pry their heads from their collective asses and stop acting as if they have to continue to apologize for the antics of some overzealous football players in the late 80's early 90's(Which I loved by the way!). Its been over 30 years just let it go and move on. We don't owe anyone an apology or anything else for that matter. Grow some balls and make a great hire without worrying what the media will say or what anyone will think. Who the heck runs an athletic department that way????I truly think Lane Kiffin would be a great fit as the next head coach here at UM.

Last edited:
Advertisement
to be fair, the guy turned 2 CFB programs into winners and then a pro team. I’m still trying to figure out how he failed so spectacularly at Michigan.
Just goes to show that sometimes even with a good coach things don’t always click together like they should

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back