Coaching Cowherd on USC and Miami

Advertisement
He’s at BC - Special assistant or whatever to Hafley. Wife is from Mass, so he’s basically getting paid to chill out and help build the program. Doesn’t have to recruit/game plan or anything. He’s mentoring the staff in different ways.
We were talking about Pagano. Chud is a dud for me anyway.

Al Golden has 5 years of NFL experience now.. :2h3mpi1:
the-office-walk-away.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cowherd didn't even realize Miami was private until he came to campus, that's how clueless he is. I enjoyed calling him Cowturd when he went to the old C-Store in the UC. Unfortunately, Joy Taylor's fine *** wasn't on the show back then....

Miami is a great job for a proven coach. I just hate that we have been relegated, as of late, to hiring coaches that have to learn on the job. Out of all the hires that we have had recently that had no prior Head Coaching experience, only Butch Davis has been successful. Coker, Shannon, and Diaz were all experimental hires. There is no need for the learning curve to be so long. Golden was barely .500 at Temple and that mediocrity spilled over to Miami. Richt would have been great to have 10-15 years ago.

Both the pros and college know the pros and cons, the blessings and the curses of the U's Head Coaching job. Win here and you'll get a shot at a Head Coaching NFL job. Lose here or under perform here and be relegated to some assistant to the assistant Linebacker Coach. There is no in between.

Advertisement
I don’t think there is a ceiling at Michigan. He did better at Stanford with better academics then Michigan. He had a couple huge upsets vs usc when SC was the best program in football

SIIIIIIIIIIIGH:

He went 29 - 21 in 4 yrs at Stanford
He went 38 - 14 in 4 yrs at Stanford

The only upset happened in 2007. The 2009 SC team was faltering all yr, as Pete had one foot out the door w/ sanctions were looming, and 2010 was a str8 chit show under Kiffin.

But to ur point, it is much harder to get into Stanford, even as an athlete vs Michigan.

This isn’t a fire manny thread but Cowherd makes some interesting points regarding hiring NFL staff coaches as head coaches for college football. He takes a shot at Al Golden here (easy to do). He thinks NFL coaches are better suited to handle the “business” that college football players have begun.
I hope that talking head coward chokes on a bag of diks. **** Cowherd!!

Go Canes!!

Advertisement
I think Kiffin would be great here but look at the support he gets from ****** *** Ole Miss. Do you think Frenk and Flake would give any coach that kind of support here?

You can forget about Kiffin, He turns Ole Miss Around His next stop is the NFL.

He didn't say they were undesireable. I heard USC/UCLA (LA) and Miami were different than colleges located in small college towns. He also said college football is big business now, and coaches who understand this (NFL coaches) could thrive at USC/UCLA/Miami.

One reason everyone says Bama is so consistently excellent over Saban's tenue is he runs the program like a business. And not just paying players.
Please, buying recruits is the biggest part of it

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back