Coaching Cowherd on USC and Miami

Advertisement
That's the way I heard it as well. Its just interesting to me that no one in the media is talking about manny getting fired, yet Cowherd lumped him in with Clay Helton and USC.
Cowturd is a douche but at least he has two brain cells to rub together unlike the abortion that is the South Florida sports media.

That's the way I heard it as well. Its just interesting to me that no one in the media is talking about manny getting fired, yet Cowherd lumped him in with Clay Helton and USC.
Goes to show how far we’ve fallen off the radar.

Miami has DONE NOTHING since the Fiesta Bowl against Ohio State 19 years ago. Even the Miami-FSU Orange Bowl the following year was a dud to most of the nation. Boring-bad coaches and zero star power. Two weeks on TV in 2017, whipping VT and ND, Orange Bowl loss to Wisconsin.

That’s literally all.

At least USC beat Penn State in the Rose Bowl a few years ago, with the #3 pick in the draft at QB.

Advertisement
This is what happens w/ incompetence. Not only did he skip over those aforementioned QBs, but he traded up, ONE spot, by giving up mucho rebuilding assets for said QB. The funniest thing is not one team was drafting Trashbisky that high, yet a 1st yr GM was able swindle Pace.

Oh, and then to rectify his mistakes, he gave up more assets to draft Fields to replace the QB he gave up assets for.

Pace & Blake r the two dumbest muthafckas that continue to be employed by mediocre upper mgmt.
Ur absolutely right! That has to be the most stupid MF on earth

I think that was shot at both Golden and Manny. But, just the fact that we are going to Temple rather than hiring a known quality coach is his point.

College fans all over are getting tired of this crap. They make billions and many the teams don't seem to be trying at all.
attitude of Balke and board seems to be keep those ACC checks a coming........

Why? Academics?

If Urban had coached at Michigan instead of OSU, would he have been as successful?
They have to go out of state to recruit their best players. Michigan high school football stinks.

The nearest-and most obvious- state do do so is Ohio, which has excellent high school ball. OSU owns Ohio.

Michigan therefore has to recruit nationally, and is virtually always at a disadvantage compared to an in-state school.

Michigan is at a distinct disadvantage compared to its biggest rival.

Of course Meyer would be more successful than Harbaugh. Meyer has improved every program he's ever coached.

Take a look at how often since 1948 Michigan has had a legit national contender. It's not nearly as often as perception makes it out to be.

Harbaugh's record differs little from what Michigan was in the 90s (notable exceptions 91 and 97). It's better than what Brady Burger and Rich Rod put up.

Michigan is a highly overrated program in terms of actual achievements.

Advertisement
You know which current college coach has NFL HC experience, is an outstanding recruiter, and is considered a schematic genius?

View attachment 154603
I think Kiffin would be great here but look at the support he gets from ****** *** Ole Miss. Do you think Frenk and Flake would give any coach that kind of support here?

Attachments

• F8439629-74C3-40FE-AE83-B6851D138A36.jpeg
    F8439629-74C3-40FE-AE83-B6851D138A36.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 55
I think Kiffin would be great here but look at the support he gets from ****** *** Ole Miss. Do you think Frenk and Flake would give any coach that kind of support here?
Yes, but does Kiffin have a Bling Budget? A tie-in for Slip-N-Slides? For Top Golf?

Advertisement
He’s acting like all those guys were NFL guys first and then went down to coach college. Every single one of them with the exception of maybe Carroll were successful college coaches first then got hired to the NFL. Jimmy, Carroll and Vermeil were the only ones who had enough success in the NFL to stay.
I think hes talking about head AND assistant coaches from the pros taking these college jobs.

Advertisement
That's almost 4 years of boredom. Kicking the tires never hurt. He's only 60.
He’s at BC - Special assistant or whatever to Hafley. Wife is from Mass, so he’s basically getting paid to chill out and help build the program. Doesn’t have to recruit/game plan or anything. He’s mentoring the staff in different ways.

He’s at BC - Special assistant or whatever to Hafley. Wife is from Mass, so he’s basically getting paid to chill out and help build the program. Doesn’t have to recruit/game plan or anything. He’s mentoring the staff in different ways.
Who's at BC??....

Advertisement
Back