Courtel Jenkins gone

He's not going to uconn, he's at Houston with donofrio now

actually a pretty smart move on his part. Now he doesn't have to learn a new system and terminology. I mean we all know that No D sucks, but not a bad decision on Courtel's part.

Defintiely not, NFL dline scouts are going to be at Houston often trying to scout ed Oliver the next couple of years so he would theoretically get a look too im sure

Advertisement

actually a pretty smart move on his part. Now he doesn't have to learn a new system and terminology. I mean we all know that No D sucks, but not a bad decision on Courtel's part.

Defintiely not, NFL dline scouts are going to be at Houston often trying to scout ed Oliver the next couple of years so he would theoretically get a look too im sure

Great idea, he knows how Dorito spits out productive DT's.

The definition of insanity

Advertisement

Ed Oliver a dawg, what he did his freshman year was ridiculous. Scouts are already salivating over. Donforio cant fvck this one up. If he does man....

Ed Oliver a dawg, what he did his freshman year was ridiculous. Scouts are already salivating over. Donforio cant fvck this one up. If he does man....

You want to bet?! Scheme and what you're asked to do makes a huge difference. Dorito isn't going to want him to penetrate but will expect to hold the point of attack!.

Any Defensive player that willingly wants to play for Dino has extremely questionable decision making.

Advertisement
If Oliver can handle playing the nose in a 3-4 he'll be fine. Courtel would be his backup.

Why did Courtel leave here to go be Oliver's backup?

If Oliver can handle playing the nose in a 3-4 he'll be fine. Courtel would be his backup.

I think he (along with a lot of the former Folden players) left because they just didn't vibe well with this staff.

The old staff allowed a lot of guys to do whatever the **** they wanted & didn't hold any of them accountable, so if you're a marginal player fighting for PT, you'd rather go to a team that isn't going to demand as much of you as Richt & company does.

In other words, Courtel & others simply couldn't handle the standard this staff set, so they hightailed out to much easier situations.

Notice how none of the guys who've transferred went to any major programs.

I think he (along with a lot of the former Folden players) left because they just didn't vibe well with this staff.

The old staff allowed a lot of guys to do whatever the **** they wanted & didn't hold any of them accountable, so if you're a marginal player fighting for PT, you'd rather go to a team that isn't going to demand as much of you as Richt & company does.

In other words, Courtel & others simply couldn't handle the standard this staff set, so they hightailed out to much easier situations.

Please elaborate.

Jesus, Oliver and Jenkins together would be a scary interior line with a competent coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I think it's even simpler than that. Significant upgrades in talent pushed the holdovers out the door or further down the depth chart. Courtel was going to be what, the 4th or 5th DT in the rotation? He's got one year to show he can be an NFL caliber player. He'll simply get twice the reps (if not more) in Houston than he would have gotten here.

Please elaborate.

He can't, he made **** up.

Advertisement
Back