Courtel Jenkins gone

Advertisement
I think he (along with a lot of the former Folden players) left because they just didn't vibe well with this staff.

The old staff allowed a lot of guys to do whatever the **** they wanted & didn't hold any of them accountable, so if you're a marginal player fighting for PT, you'd rather go to a team that isn't going to demand as much of you as Richt & company does.

In other words, Courtel & others simply couldn't handle the standard this staff set, so they hightailed out to much easier situations.

Notice how none of the guys who've transferred went to any major programs.

Please elaborate.

Pretty sure what you highlighted speaks for itself.

If it did, I wouldn't have asked for more and I'm still waiting.

So 1899, you had nothing to add to the original vague post, but you posted anyway. You then down voted me when I said I still wanted an answer to my original post.

I appreciate what you brought to the table. We are all more informed for it.
You must be completely unaware of the multiple suspensions Courtel had last season & his disciplinary problems.

Just ask BKDee if you think Folden held those guys accountable the same way as Richt does.

I am aware. I didn't argue anything. You asserted that "a lot of guys" "got to do whatever the **** they wanted" and the former staff "didn't hold any of them accountable". Check your own words; you went way beyond Jenkins. You made it sound like you had some great internal information about the entire program. If so, I wanted to know and I bet a bunch of other people did too. Now you talk, with any specificity at all, about one guy and seem defensive. Not my fault.

Please elaborate.

So 1899, you had nothing to add to the original vague post, but you posted anyway. You then down voted me when I said I still wanted an answer to my original post.

You must be completely unaware of the multiple suspensions Courtel had last season & his disciplinary problems.

Just ask BKDee if you think Folden held those guys accountable the same way as Richt does.

I am aware. I didn't argue anything. You asserted that "a lot of guys" "got to do whatever the **** they wanted" and the former staff "didn't hold any of them accountable". Check your own words; you went way beyond Jenkins. You made it sound like you had some great internal information about the entire program. If so, I wanted to know and I bet a bunch of other people did too. Now you talk, with any specificity at all, about one guy and seem defensive. Not my fault.

We've beat the dead horse 1000 times on how poorly the last regime managed the team. My $0.02 is that they put the right structure in place (the famous "trust in the process"), but lost control of the players. For the first 2-3 classes, they rolled the dice on troubled kids to inject more talent (EJ, Finnie, Gabe Terry, etc) and that backfired. After that, they lost the respect of the players and couldn't keep them emotionally committed on or off the field.

I think they tried to the best of their ability to create an environment of personal accountability. But Golden and D'O, especially, just never seemed to "get" So. Florida kids. Only 10 of the 32 2012 commits and 8 of 21 2013 kids (including Artie) lasted their entire college career with Miami. That's just an epic fail.

We've beaten the dead horse 1000 times on how poorly the last regime managed the team. My $0.02 is that they put the right structure in place (the famous "trust in the process"), but lost control of the players. For the first 2-3 classes, they rolled the dice on troubled kids to inject more talent (EJ, Finnie, Gabe Terry, etc) and that backfired. After that, they lost the respect of the players and couldn't keep them emotionally committed on or off the field.

I think they tried to the best of their ability to create an environment of personal accountability. But Golden and D'O, especially, just never seemed to "get" So. Florida kids. Only 10 of the 32 2012 commits and 8 of 21 2013 kids (including Artie) lasted their entire college career with Miami. That's just an epic fail.

Agreed. Golden ran our program like a poorly run used car dealership - empty slogans, meaningless bloviation, incompetent player management, and patently stupid schemes. Still mad at their not being able to figure out the riddle of the wide splits against a horrid Wake Forest team in 2013.

Advertisement
IMG_4297.jpg

IMG_4298.JPG

Look at this clown 20 sheets of paper hanging from his shorts or stuffed into his crotch.

What a couple of repulsive pigs we had running the show.

Advertisement
[TWEET]874640064701190149[/TWEET]

He could have helped us this year, so I was disappointed he left, but willing to wish him luck. But this right here? Fck that dumb motherfcker. If he's stupid enough to go play for that POS, then I don't want him anywhere near my team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ex-Miami DT Courtel Jenkins no longer at Houston – CollegeFootballTalk

LOL Like I said!

Now scroll back through this thread & look at all the whiny babies who said our season would be doomed because we lost the great Courtel Jenkins.

Not even trying to be petty about it, but seriously all offseason, "DT depth, DT depth, we could've used Jenkins, this is a big loss, etc.."

Maybe yall didn't pay attention, but Courtel was extremely undisciplined, he had multiple suspensions during the season, always made stupid penalties & was constantly hurt because he didn't take his rehab seriously.

He was booted off the team, he didn't leave for more PT elsewhere, he got kicked out by Richt because he had given Courtel dozens of chances & he still couldn't get his sh*t together.

Will never understand why these dumb *** kids blow the chance to play in the NFL and a guaranteed free college degree...

Advertisement
Back