Couple of commits might be dropped.

Advertisement
Agreed. And to my original point. Why did we (Kuligowski) let him commit in the first place. It’s a disservice to everybody.
I don’t think he’s a bad player per SE I just think it’s a position we don’t need. Rather take the alou kid. Least that is a feeder school or one we want to be a feeder

Advertisement
I'd go after Emanuel Rogers, James Ash, Westley Neal or Tim Brown to replace Riggins.

I think with Smith they're going all in on trying to land RJ Adams because he's coming for an OV in December, so they're probably just clearing space in the class for him, although it's long shot we get Adams in the first place.

Plus Corey Gaynor's younger brother Gage is still available if they're looking specifically for a Center prospect.

I don’t think he’s a bad player per SE I just think it’s a position we don’t need. Rather take the alou kid. Least that is a feeder school or one we want to be a feeder
He’s not bad but he can’t play here. So, we shouldn’t have let him commit. It sucks. I hope he can get in at Illinois or UCF.

Bubba was a great pick up. He and gurvan are good together
I just dont want us to rely on that it seems lazy IMO. If theres a superior beast like Phillips or that Bama DE or a Bolden or Hurts then yea u make a pitch but i dont want us saying ok we arent recruiting this guy cause the
portal.

I want us to be a force on the tra especially in sfla

I'd go after Emanuel Rogers, James Ash, Westley Neal or Tim Brown to replace Riggins.

I think with Smith they're going all in on trying to land RJ Adams because he's coming for an OV in December, so they're probably just clearing space in the class for him, although it's long shot we get Adams in the first place.

Plus Corey Gaynor's younger brother Gage is still available if they're looking specifically for a Center prospect.
Or Khris Love, who was always a better interior prospect?

Advertisement

Is Rogers a dt or olineman?

Advertisement
It's November. To hold kids this long then drop them is not going to be well received by some coaches/players.

I get it, players do it to the coaches all the time and nobody cares.....it's a business decision, it's kid, it's a bad product, whatever. But you know as well as i that it's a double standard out there.

I never really watched any tape of Riggins. The only thing i saw was his testing numbers on ESPN.....one of the worst shuttles at his position this year. Unless that number is old, he was hurt or something i can see why they are looking elsewhere. It could also be due to how well the freshmen DTs are progressing.

You are assuming the kids have just been told this. Kids know the game (and it’s their coaches job to educate them). If contact has cooled or they were told this is what we need from you this year and they don’t produce they know the offer is gone.

Just like kids have placeholder schools and when bama calls they drop us in 10 seconds.

If you don’t want the kid don’t make the **** offer or accept the commitment. Hope no one ******* about kids decommitting. If we don’t care, why should they?

Advertisement

im all in on Wesley neal, lil vince

There has to be more to this story, if this rumor is even true. Riggins mid-season hudl looks pretty good to me, and while Smith has some bad weight and seems to be playing against weak competition, he also pancakes his assignment in virtually every snap on his hudl. So I just don't get the move.

Maybe PSU is right that they are really happy with the 3 freshmen who are redshirting and feel they only need two DTs in this class. That still doesn't explain Smith. Either way, I just don't see this happening without a backstory.

apparently part of Smith's issues are academics

Advertisement
Back