Couple of commits might be dropped.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As long as we win we'll be able to sign a few kids we had little to no chance with as recently as last week. We have to find a stud CB. Demorie Tate and Pouncey are 2 that we need to go all out for.
There are a couple quality CB targets out there, Pouncey, Tate, Dennis, and Williams the Juco guy. UM should go for all of them and see which one commits first.

Advertisement
It's November. To hold kids this long then drop them is not going to be well received by some coaches/players.

I get it, players do it to the coaches all the time and nobody cares.....it's a business decision, it's kid, it's a bad product, whatever. But you know as well as i that it's a double standard out there.

I never really watched any tape of Riggins. The only thing i saw was his testing numbers on ESPN.....one of the worst shuttles at his position this year. Unless that number is old, he was hurt or something i can see why they are looking elsewhere. It could also be due to how well the freshmen DTs are progressing.

Advertisement
There has to be more to this story, if this rumor is even true. Riggins mid-season hudl looks pretty good to me, and while Smith has some bad weight and seems to be playing against weak competition, he also pancakes his assignment in virtually every snap on his hudl. So I just don't get the move.

Maybe PSU is right that they are really happy with the 3 freshmen who are redshirting and feel they only need two DTs in this class. That still doesn't explain Smith. Either way, I just don't see this happening without a backstory.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back