Couple of commits might be dropped.

Riggins is an example of a kid who was offered and committed way too early. Coaches don’t need to be taking commitments from sophomores unless they are clearly elite and he never was.

Smith is a kid we took a commitment from in the spring and he shut it down and was as pro Miami as could be after. I feel bad for him. If he wasn’t a clear take, we shouldn’t have let him commit. I hope that is a lesson to Manny moving forward. There has been some talk of academic issues, but nothing too specific. And if so, shouldn’t have pushed for a commit.

Advertisement
It's November. To hold kids this long then drop them is not going to be well received by some coaches/players.

I get it, players do it to the coaches all the time and nobody cares.....it's a business decision, it's kid, it's a bad product, whatever. But you know as well as i that it's a double standard out there.

I never really watched any tape of Riggins. The only thing i saw was his testing numbers on ESPN.....one of the worst shuttles at his position this year. Unless that number is old, he was hurt or something i can see why they are looking elsewhere. It could also be due to how well the freshmen DTs are progressing.

It’s just how the game goes. That’s why LCE said in another thread that as a coach you can’t take things personal. He’s right. Coaches do this all the time, players respond back the same way. It’s the nature of the beast. That’s why I don’t care too much for all these early commits. Unless you’re a top 10 player nation wide at your position, coaches should wait to see who emerges during their senior year.

Advertisement
Pretty sure Smith has been taking visits and already looking around. Riggin seems solid to the program but he just isn’t what we won’t our DL to look like. This probably should’ve been done earlier but staff must’ve not be comfortable in other targets. It’s sucks but it’s the game. Mathis would be another kid that should probably look else where

Advertisement
Riggins is the longest tenured commit. He’s having a strong senior season. Only thing I can think of is Manny wants to send a message. He just went on a recruiting visit to Illinois, posted on social media, etc.

Riggins is the longest tenured commit. He’s having a strong senior season. Only thing I can think of is Manny wants to send a message. He just went on a recruiting visit to Illinois, posted on social media, etc.
No. Kid hasn’t been hearing from Miami in a long time. At some point, he has to figure out the next step. The lesson here is we don’t need to take commitments so early from non elite kids. I feel bad for him and Antonio Smith. They both want to come here and committed and now need to find a new place.

Lol Manny, nor anyone else on this staff, has the juice to pull this. Can't be this ****** at recruiting and coaching then try and pull these boss moves.

Listen, if the kids are not going to contribute here, then its better to move on. Some kids simply fizz out during their senior year. No harm no foul. At least the staff is being honest nd giving them plenty of time for them to look elsewhere.

Advertisement
No. Kid hasn’t been hearing from Miami in a long time. At some point, he has to figure out the next step. The lesson here is we don’t need to take commitments so early from non elite kids. I feel bad for him and Antonio Smith. They both want to come here and committed and now need to find a new place.
UM sent coaches to see Riggins just before the season. Post better.

Id take Neal or Pinder to take Riggins spot...

Guard without smith?? Umm idk if they feel good about that PSU decommit or maybe that martinez kid being dropped by LSU chasing higher rated guys??

That last one is a bit baffling as we really struggled to finish up the class last year and got lucky to strike gold with Clark and Zion late

Advertisement
Smith on TOS said he was keeping his commitment open a couple weeks ago and apparently his grades are a question mark.

Most of you are dumb who don’t understand why we’d drop Riggins. What’s the 1 position we probably don’t need this cycle???? DT right. I mean we have 3 that are redshirting this year and lost only bethel and the grad transfer

Most of you are dumb who don’t understand why we’d drop Riggins. What’s the 1 position we probably don’t need this cycle???? DT right. I mean we have 3 that are redshirting this year and lost only bethel and the grad transfer
Agreed. And to my original point. Why did we (Kuligowski) let him commit in the first place. It’s a disservice to everybody.

Advertisement
Back