CORNERBACK RECRUITING

Advertisement
Our schemes for cbs suck. **** this 10 yard playing off ****. Maybe that’s why they won’t come here?

Yep. Maybe if we played press man, teams wouldn’t be able to get the ball out of the QB’s hand so fast and we’d turn these pressures into sacks. We make it way to easy to scheme around our pass rush.

Banda Recruits and well, just not CB.

Is it true that Rumph is not allowed to choose who we offer and decide to recruit? According to our insiders, yes.
Is it true that Rumph is not allowed to recruit? According to our insiders, yes.
Did Diaz know keep Rumph on staff for 2 offseasons, knowing full well his abilities or lack thereof? Yes.
So either you're telling me, Diaz had absolutely no plan for recruiting CB AND isn't allowing Rumph to do it - In which case he's an idiot and that's a failure on his part, OR you're telling me Diaz isn't allowing Rumph to recruit/offer players and is giving that job to Banda, and They are just failing at successfully recruiting top CBs. Pretty simple.
Yall wanna give Banda credit for almost landing Jason Marshall instead of just realize that he needs to actually get commits and LOI's. If we don't get Markevious Brown, how the **** is that not on Diaz/Banda? yall just don't make sense.

This is a lot of mental gymnastics to avoid a couple of pretty obvious conclusions. Yes, Rumph is a poor recruiter. Yes, the lack of depth at CB is Rumph's fault and Manny's (for keeping Rumph). I expect the former won't change much between now and NSD, but I expect the latter will be corrected.

Advertisement
Yep. Maybe if we played press man, teams wouldn’t be able to get the ball out of the QB’s hand so fast and we’d turn these pressures into sacks. We make it way to easy to scheme around our pass rush.
You got to love our blitzes that come from down town ( with two guys hitting the same gap), while at the same time playing 10 yards of the receiver .

YOUR NOT MAKING SENSE.

Dude is making 6 figures and you want another person to do his job, and their own job because he.....SUCKS.

hE'S NOT AT FAULT FOR...ANYTHING.

-If you believe the first 2 questions you asked...read em again and ask yourself why is that true. And the 3rd question was discussed in the off season during the coaching carousels they tried to get a guy but he ultimately went and stayed home.

quite frankly i dont care about jason marshall because i never felt we were a threat to get em. I think your in the group of guys that believe Rumph is some sort of cb whisperer and elite coach...so you think that off sets him being a bad recruiter. Dont know where it got started that he is/was...but we will see this season how that goes
No, this is my position: Rumph isn't going to do anything for us this year with regards to recruiting, so what the **** is this staff doing to make up for it? It's really that ******* simple. Whose job is it to make up for him not being able to recruit? Because clearly Diaz kept him on staff and must have had a plan, and I'd assume that plan involves the guy who is already coaching DBs and yall are saying is the best recruiter on staff! Like what the **** is the plan for recruiting this year? Just to say **** it and do nothing? Or is the plan to put Banda on Brown and make sure we ******* land him?

Yall wanna sit here blaming Rumph, but the fact is recruiting isn't ******* stopping because he's been sidelined and is bad at it. So what the **** is this staff doing to ensure this year isn't a failure at CB recruiting? Cause just saying Rumph is bad isn't good enough. I want us to fix the **** problem and get some top players. So yall can just sit back and be happy we suck and putting the blame on Rumph, but I think the coaches given the responsibility to recruit the player should take some blame.

1600723786922.png
Brian Dillworth from Chaminade Madonna looks older than Realus George

Advertisement
Lol @ Burns being two years away from being two years away. Burns is a dawg! And he sticks to his man like glue. Goes up against the best of the best each week and shows out. Only thing is he needs to gain some weight. That is overrated but with our coaches no matter how good of a cover corner a guy is, they’ll keep playing bums and making excuses for why they won’t play the younger guys. They’re vaginas.
Yea Burns is the furthest thing from a project from what I've seen.

But what great cover guys are sitting while the "bums" are playing? Couch is getting plenty burn and then there are 2 freshmen. You think we have some secret lockdown corners that like aren't on the roster?

Advertisement
Lol you think we aren't? They're going to Auburn, Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma and ******* Nebraska instead

I agree I mean even some of the lower rated guys that Louisville has been landing.

They had 4 players in the starting lineup that can break a house call on any touch. I miss when we had those types.

Right now. Only Harris and Knighton are our home run hitters.

TEs obviously excluded from this convo unless you find another Vernon Davis running a 4.3.

But Miami with athletes who can house call on any play is a matchup nightmare.

We haven’t had a Moss, Parrish type here since Travis Benjamin.

At corner, WR, and RB anyway.

Advertisement
I agree I mean even some of the lower rated guys that Louisville has been landing.

They had 4 players in the starting lineup that can break a house call on any touch. I miss when we had those types.

Right now. Only Harris and Knighton are our home run hitters.

TEs obviously excluded from this convo unless you find another Vernon Davis running a 4.3.

But Miami with athletes who can house call on any play is a matchup nightmare.

We haven’t had a Moss, Parrish type here since Travis Benjamin.

At corner, WR, and RB anyway.
I agree with your point, but must point out that Lamar Miller and Stacy Coley were fast. But they were the only ones on their respective offenses.

Advertisement
Back