CORNERBACK RECRUITING

Advertisement
Miami shouldn't have to have a training program for our coaches, they should come fully capable of doing their job. Look at what Lashlee, Justice, Simmons, Stroud have been able to do. They're already master craftsmen, not journeymen.

Banda in 2016 was a journeyman. I didn't want him back then not because he couldn't become a great coach and recruiter, but because he wasn't Miami-ready. Banda today is a Miami-level safeties coach and shouldn't even be in the discussion any more. He's joined the "proven" column.

Like Banda, Rumph came in without the Div1 coaching experience in 2016. But he was already a Miami legend and had played in the league. Plus he was head coach at AH. So he came into the position with dramatically more experience and preparedness for the role than Banda, yet hasn't shown any of the improvement Banda has. Rumph today is exactly like Rumph 4-5 years ago. No coherent targeting strategy or board to speak of, limited ability to relate to the recruits, consistently losing out on the top local recruits. Time to move on from him.
I'd agree about the head coach and the coordinators but there's nothing wrong to bring in inexperience coaches if they show promise. It's a question of balance. Richt's original staff had too many that needed training wheels and the gray beards (Kuligowski, Searels)he brought in weren't big recruiters. His most effective recruiter was probably Hartley. The staff then and now is not set up to carry that many.

Banda recruits multiple position..thats based on area.
Dont even bring up Campbell or Surtain...considering both and Campbell especially was coached by rumph since he was 9 years old. (Schwartz at Auburn as well)
Banda i think heads or is the contact on the down south area of Miami Dade...and thats the area Marshall is. Just like Patke i believe is in NY/NJ as well as SW Fla hence him being the IMG guy.

For some reason you think this is just about Marshall. This is about COUNTLESS misses, Bad boards, Bad evals, and no sense of urgency at the position.
So who is responsible for the bad boards and evals, because YALL insiders are the ones saying Rumph has no power there going on over 2.5 years now? What is the order for rank to determine which CBs we are going after? Is it just Diaz deciding by himself? Is Banda above Rumph in the pecking order with that?

Look you just aren't going to convince me at all that Banda doesn't deserve at least like a quarter of the blame for our recruiting misses. Plain and simple, dude has been the guy that was responsible for recruiting the top 3 CB recruits out of South Florida the past few years, and he missed. Regardless, on that point, how the **** do you guys expect firing Rumph and adding a new CB coach is going to change the problems, when he's been the lowest man on the totem pole who has basically no power for a while now? This is a problem much bigger than Rumph, which a lot here don't wanna accept.

My biggest issue is that we have no order to our recruiting board at the position. Once Rumph misses all his plan A kids, we run around like chickens with our heads cut off. Does Rumph even have a list of plan B/C kids?
Except it's been made clear the top Plan A kids have all been recruited by Banda. So more like Banda misses the Plan A, Rumph misses the plan B, and then we fall back to plan C or D because the staff has has an atrocious plan regarding CB recruiting.

Rumph needs to go unless blades and couch perform at all ACC levels this year...even then it would probably be best to move on. But I really think our CB recruiting problems are deeper than Rumph. it would take a top 5 CB coach/recruiter to make a notable ST impact in my uniformed opinion.

Advertisement
Rumph needs to go unless blades and couch perform at all ACC levels this year...even then it would probably be best to move on. But I really think our CB recruiting problems are deeper than Rumph. it would take a top 5 CB coach/recruiter to make a notable ST impact in my uniformed opinion.
It's a pipe dream to believe we can attract Corey Raymond (or anyone like him) as some have suggested. So you're essentially saying there's no solution. I'm don't believe that.

So who is responsible for the bad boards and evals, because YALL insiders are the ones saying Rumph has no power there going on over 2.5 years now? What is the order for rank to determine which CBs we are going after? Is it just Diaz deciding by himself? Is Banda above Rumph in the pecking order with that?

Look you just aren't going to convince me at all that Banda doesn't deserve at least like a quarter of the blame for our recruiting misses. Plain and simple, dude has been the guy that was responsible for recruiting the top 3 CB recruits out of South Florida the past few years, and he missed. Regardless, on that point, how the **** do you guys expect firing Rumph and adding a new CB coach is going to change the problems, when he's been the lowest man on the totem pole who has basically no power for a while now? This is a problem much bigger than Rumph, which a lot here don't wanna accept.

Im not an insider at all. I have one connection at UM...and he is fairly new on staff (and has been more of a factor than you know who)

-Rumph is the lowest man on the totem pole....BECAUSE HE SUCKS ( I dont know how you arent comprehending that part). If we got rid of him and brought in a guy...**** PAUL WILLIAMS would be a better recruiter than him and i believe he eats glue, but i would think they would atleast be able to have a formidable board at cb and contingency.

- Like i said when he was hired, He really wasnt a guy that was PLUGGED in Locally at all. He coached for a short time at a private school that kind of scavenged other teams and before that he coached optomist ball and not at The parks with unique pull. I thought he would be a factor in Palm Beach maybe because thats where he is from (Delray) but im not sure if that has landed us stuff yet. His real plug is/was at American Heritage and he whiffed there, we ended up getting Nesta (who he ddnt have much pull with) and Herbert.

-I think another guy may have connections in other areas if they are an experienced coach that trhey can reach out to and point them int he right directions and unearht up and coming guys, etc. Rumph is about to get another go arounf at AH though with Earl Little Jr and they have Selwyn Browns younger son down the pike as well (He also whiffed on Selwyn's older son last class to UCF) Also his high school has a beast At Safety that i think is a must grab that i hope he is all over.

Im willing to let the year play out though, lets see how the position completes the seasona nd how the recruiting cycle goes.

Im not an insider at all. I have one connection at UM...and he is fairly new on staff (and has been more of a factor than you know who)

-Rumph is the lowest man on the totem pole....BECAUSE HE SUCKS ( I dont know how you arent comprehending that part). If we got rid of him and brought in a guy...**** PAUL WILLIAMS would be a better recruiter than him and i believe he eats glue, but i would think they would atleast be able to have a formidable board at cb and contingency.

- Like i said when he was hired, He really wasnt a guy that was PLUGGED in Locally at all. He coached for a short time at a private school that kind of scavenged other teams and before that he coached optomist ball and not at The parks with unique pull. I thought he would be a factor in Palm Beach maybe because thats where he is from (Delray) but im not sure if that has landed us stuff yet. His real plug is/was at American Heritage and he whiffed there, we ended up getting Nesta (who he ddnt have much pull with) and Herbert.

-I think another guy may have connections in other areas if they are an experienced coach that trhey can reach out to and point them int he right directions and unearht up and coming guys, etc. Rumph is about to get another go arounf at AH though with Earl Little Jr and they have Selwyn Browns younger son down the pike as well (He also whiffed on Selwyn's older son last class to UCF) Also his high school has a beast At Safety that i think is a must grab that i hope he is all over.

Im willing to let the year play out though, lets see how the position completes the seasona nd how the recruiting cycle goes.
I comprehend that he sucks lol. That's the basis of my point. He sucks at it and Banda has been in charge of the major CB recruitments, and if he sucks so much why the **** is he the lead on the most important recruit remaining...

Anyone have the details on this from Gabby? I think I remember @Liberty City El and @SouthParkCane both say he’s LSU or SEC bound more than likely:

1600970064556.png

Advertisement
Anyone have the details on this from Gabby? I think I remember @Liberty City El and @SouthParkCane both say he’s LSU or SEC bound more than likely:

View attachment 131555

He was an LSU lean earlier in the cycle. Not sure where we stand but its Earl Little's son. We should have a punchers chance, but i know some fans ****ed off Earl early in his recruitment as well. Downplaying his son and saying hes small or slow or whatever ...typical dumb um twitter fans.

I comprehend that he sucks lol. That's the basis of my point. He sucks at it and Banda has been in charge of the major CB recruitments, and if he sucks so much why the **** is he the lead on the most important recruit remaining...
Becauee he is the cb coach, and the kid is also from Palm Beach (Pahokee) his recruiting area.

He was an LSU lean earlier in the cycle. Not sure where we stand but its Earl Little's son. We should have a punchers chance, but i know some fans ****ed off Earl early in his recruitment as well. Downplaying his son and saying hes small or slow or whatever ...typical dumb um twitter fans.
Agreed, Gogeta! There way too many idiots out there. We need our stud legacies to come to The U.

Advertisement

View attachment 131555
Early on his recruitment he was all LSU, but us landing his teammate James Williams opened his eyes to be more receptive to Miami.

Earl Sr wants him to stay home & be a Hurricane, but he's not going to push his son to commit to us if he really doesn't want to. Earl Jr is listening & he does like Miami, but it will come down to how good of a job we do selling him on the program & our ability to develop him into 1st rounder.

The thing about CB recruiting for Miami is that even an easy layup recruitment turns into an all-out War, we should be able to land a legacy like Earl Jr pretty easily, but its never easy for us when it comes to getting premier CB's.

Do I think we get him? I have no ****** idea. Sure we could, but this is Miami & we figure out how to lose local CB's better than any other program I've seen in recent memory.

Our best bet is to just continue to win & keep communicating with the kid, I mean there's a million reasons for him to commit to Miami, if we can't figure out how to sell him to sign with us then we're simply retarded at CB recruiting.

I'm watching the NFL pregame show. Michael Irvin was just on talking up CJ Henderson and the city of Miami. It honestly made me really mad, he kept saying the best db's come from the city of Miami.

Advertisement
Man, people have to be stronger than that.

My biggest issue is that we have no order to our recruiting board at the position. Once Rumph misses all his plan A kids, we run around like chickens with our heads cut off. Does Rumph even have a list of plan B/C kids?
And that's how you end up with kids like Williams who just portal out:

Advertisement
Back